MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-01-2009, 10:36 AM   #21
Timme'
Tim-Maaaay!

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
08 Triumph Daytona 675

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCRC John View Post
I will say this though, everyone is talking about it, and guess what.....That is what the DMG wants. If the media stops reporting about it, we stop talking about it, and we don't watch it.......it will drastically change or go away.
I totally agree with you!

I have to admit my hillbilly side came out a bit and I did cheer for Danny (not that I know him personally). I liked seeing the Buell out front, not that I am a big fan of those things

I do not think it was a level playing field at Fontana! There are tracks where the pendulum swings the other direction but at Fontana that front straight just opened it up for that "thing" to run away. But I don't think it is fair at all to change the rules now, not that anyone asked me, I just hate the format and will probably not watch it

I am anxious to watch some WSBK and MotoGP. Don't get jealous but I may be in Italy and Spain for some of the races this year. I am trying to book my trips to co-inside with Valencia and possible Jerez I am meeting with a CEO that has a box at Valencia..... trying to score it but not sure yet. There are times when I LOVE MY JOB!

Don't worry I will take lots of pics!
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
WTF? AMA Scratch from WSBK Event bdubb Taking it to the Track 9 05-06-2009 11:50 AM
Advertisement
Old 04-01-2009, 10:59 AM   #22
SCRC John
Why am I not a MH sponsor

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timme' View Post
I totally agree with you!

I have to admit my hillbilly side came out a bit and I did cheer for Danny (not that I know him personally). I liked seeing the Buell out front, not that I am a big fan of those things

I do not think it was a level playing field at Fontana! There are tracks where the pendulum swings the other direction but at Fontana that front straight just opened it up for that "thing" to run away. But I don't think it is fair at all to change the rules now, not that anyone asked me, I just hate the format and will probably not watch it

I am anxious to watch some WSBK and MotoGP. Don't get jealous but I may be in Italy and Spain for some of the races this year. I am trying to book my trips to co-inside with Valencia and possible Jerez I am meeting with a CEO that has a box at Valencia..... trying to score it but not sure yet. There are times when I LOVE MY JOB!

Don't worry I will take lots of pics!
If you need an assistant/yes man......let me know
SCRC John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 04:19 PM   #23
rc51eviltwin

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

what all is left on the buell thats Harley design?
rc51eviltwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 06:58 PM   #24
Buck Beasley
Older,Wiser,Faster

Feedback Rating: (2)

'05 Suzuki SV 650,

'04 Vespa 150

Member Garage

Send a message via Yahoo to Buck Beasley
If you can run the Buell 1100, why not the Ducati 1098? Pegram rides it in American Superbike, and and beats the out of the buell in that class.
Was good to see Tommy pushing Mladin around a bit, but in the end it was a typical Mladin questionable pass for the win. He'd be crying for sure if Tommy made that pass on him.
CMRA expert #413
Get off the keyboard and on your bike for a change...
Buck Beasley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 09:15 PM   #25
SCRC John

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Beasley View Post
If you can run the Buell 1100, why not the Ducati 1098? Pegram rides it in American Superbike, and and beats the out of the buell in that class.
Was good to see Tommy pushing Mladin around a bit, but in the end it was a typical Mladin questionable pass for the win. He'd be crying for sure if Tommy made that pass on him.
To tell you the truth, I'm not sure why the Buell is allowed to run in that class. It may be because Buell payed more money to the AMA than Ducati did
Old 04-02-2009, 02:07 PM   #26
xl_cheese

I think a good point to mention is that there were 5 or so other buells in the field. If it was strictly a matter of the bike then you'd have seen a top 5 sweep.

Give the guy a lil credit for a win.
xl_cheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 08:07 PM   #27
Timme'
Tim-Maaaay!

Bike(s):
08 Triumph Daytona 675

Quote:
Originally Posted by xl_cheese View Post
I think a good point to mention is that there were 5 or so other buells in the field. If it was strictly a matter of the bike then you'd have seen a top 5 sweep.

Give the guy a lil credit for a win.
Good point! Still don't understand why no Duc when you have another 1100cc bike in the field. We may never know.
Old 04-03-2009, 12:04 PM   #28
GixxerMayham

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
Suzuki 2006 Gsx-R 600

I think John is right, DMG is all about the money, just look at the way they create rules for Nascar; and Buell most have paid a lot of cash to get into that class. This year the racing is a lot more entertaining though. The rolling starts is the worst thing I have ever seen. It only works for Nascar.
GixxerMayham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 12:05 PM   #29
GixxerMayham

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
Suzuki 2006 Gsx-R 600

Wait doesn't Pegram run a Ducati in superbike?
GixxerMayham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 12:10 PM   #30
Racer997
Racer, Rider, Shooter

Location: 500 yards away...and watching you in the crosshairs...
Feedback Rating: (6)

Bike(s):
BMW Boxer Cup
KTM 450 SMR
Some Yamaha TTR 125Ls
Lackierwarenfabrik Mg42
Valmet M76

Quite possible that inline four normalcy will return when the AMA gets to some real road courses like this weekend at Road Atlanta. I'm anxious to see what happens.
Old 04-03-2009, 01:06 PM   #31
SCRC John

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer997 View Post
Quite possible that inline four normalcy will return when the AMA gets to some real road courses like this weekend at Road Atlanta. I'm anxious to see what happens.
Thats funny, I'm not. I'll be tuned into WSBK & WSS
Old 04-03-2009, 01:25 PM   #32
SecretAgent
The one and only

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
08 Harley FXDB Street Bob

Send a message via AIM to SecretAgent
i thought all the 1098R's they have racing are actually 1198cc's? That's how they were in WSBK at least.
"There are some things nobody needs in this world, and a bright-red, hunch-back, warp-speed 900cc cafe racer is one of them - but I want one anyway, and on some days I actually believe I need one. That is why they are dangerous. "
-Hunter S. Thompson
SecretAgent is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement