MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Technical > Performance and Modifications
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-31-2009, 08:33 AM   #1
reubtt600

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
Triumph tt600

Send a message via Yahoo to reubtt600
Stator and R/R problem -- TRIUMPH TT600

I have a tt600, 03. My friend dropped the bike on the side where stator is located, there were no fairings... After the fall the bike ran for about 30 mins then I had to jump start and charge for 10mins to get home... I took it to the shop and he said My stator and rectifier went bad becz of the shock of the fall. He said the stator's one of the three sets of coil burned away and there by it burned the rectifier (he said). He said the rectifier is showing about 1 volt or something instead of 9V when measured......

DO I need to replace both stator and R/R... I heard that triumph's r/r is different than japanese bike's... I dont want to kill my friend by buying both the stator and rectifier because he said he will pay (valet busting:().

If I buy just a new stator and use the old r/r... hoping the rectifier is ok.. Is it going to do any damage to stator or electric system if in case the r/r is bad..

PLZZZ need your inputttt...... A triumph loverrrr......
reubtt600 is offline   Reply With Quote