MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-30-2009, 03:43 PM   #1
Thack

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Ducati 748
YZ426F
Rieju Ride Smart-1

Houston Track day

I contacted GrandSport Speedway in Hitchcock, Tx. I'm including the guys from Supermotojunkie.com for this but we need a lot of bikes to keep the cost low so any sportbike is welcome. For Supermoto there would not be a dirt section but this is how it went.
For a weekend day, we would have to have about 40 guys at $125 each. If I can find $500 from a couple of sponsors or local dealers the cost would go down to $100 a person. On the flipside (that's a real business term ) if we only have 20 bikes, it will cost $225 a person. There will be ambulance service. I'm not sure if we have to share the track or not with cars or karts.
So what I'm looking for is a head count of who's in at $125. I will have to hit up some other websites to get our numbers up. We are not going to find a deal like this anywhere else and this track is awesome.
Thack is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MSR HOUSTON Track day 9teeneighty3 Event Pics and Vids 1 04-16-2013 12:03 PM
How will a track day help you on Houston streets? morvegil General Discussion (Moto Related) 82 12-01-2010 03:40 PM
Ridesmart Track Day - MSR-Houston - 8/22 - **Follow Up** thenextrossi Ridesmart Motorcycle School 31 08-25-2009 02:56 PM
Ridesmart Track Day - MSR-Houston - 7/25 - **Follow Up** cdill35 Ridesmart Motorcycle School 58 07-29-2009 11:48 PM
July 8th MSR Houston track day spot for sale. hotcknstrips Taking it to the Track 45 07-07-2006 06:53 PM
Advertisement
Old 03-30-2009, 03:52 PM   #2
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Send a message via AIM to dbuck
best of luck...most orgs that run at GSS are well established, only slightly higher in pricing, and are board sponsors. good luck to you
dbuck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 03:52 PM   #3
ileono918
On hiatus

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thack View Post
I contacted GrandSport Speedway in Hitchcock, Tx. I'm including the guys from Supermotojunkie.com for this but we need a lot of bikes to keep the cost low so any sportbike is welcome. For Supermoto there would not be a dirt section but this is how it went.
For a weekend day, we would have to have about 40 guys at $125 each. If I can find $500 from a couple of sponsors or local dealers the cost would go down to $100 a person. On the flipside (that's a real business term ) if we only have 20 bikes, it will cost $225 a person. There will be ambulance service. I'm not sure if we have to share the track or not with cars or karts. So what I'm looking for is a head count of who's in at $125. I will have to hit up some other websites to get our numbers up. We are not going to find a deal like this anywhere else and this track is awesome.
Well if you rent the track you should not have to share with cars, if you do, that would suck GSS is big enough for only about 20 bikes or so.

I like your idea but I prefer to ride with some of the TD orgs from here.
ileono918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 03:53 PM   #4
BigComfy

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
SV1k (sold)
CRB6 Track Bike (sold)
Daytona 1200 (parted)
1st Gen FZ1 (sold)
1st Gen SV650 (sold)

Member Garage

IBTL
Old 03-30-2009, 03:57 PM   #5
Thack

Bike(s):
Ducati 748
YZ426F
Rieju Ride Smart-1

So who can the Supermoto guys use for a track day? I'm not expecting to get 40 people but I know if the supermoto guys are there, they might run a little slower.

Last edited by Thack; 03-30-2009 at 03:59 PM.
Thack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 04:01 PM   #6
Chubby Racer
The Confusion

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
'07 R6
'02 KLX110(tarded)

Send a message via ICQ to Chubby Racer Send a message via AIM to Chubby Racer Send a message via MSN to Chubby Racer Send a message via Yahoo to Chubby Racer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thack View Post
So who can the Supermoto guys use for a track day? I'm not expecting to get 40 people but I know if the supermoto guys are there, they might run a little slower.

The supermoto guys run with the sportbikes at every track organization I've ridden with
A motorcycle is a joy machine. It's a machine of wonders, a metal bird, a motorized prosthetic. It's light and dark and shiny and dirty and warm and cold lapping over each other; it's a conduit of grace, it's a catalyst for bonding the gritty and the holy.

CMRA #302
Chubby Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 04:01 PM   #7
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Send a message via AIM to dbuck
RIDESMART
TEXAS TRACK DAYS
LONESTAR TRACK DAYS

they all run at GSS...here are their websites for an event calendar.

http://texastrackdays.com/ti/ttd/eve...ml?id=LDKG2igu

www.lstd.com

www.RideSmart.Info

and ALL of them are MH sponsors.
dbuck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 04:26 PM   #8
mekrew
naaaaaw i sayin

Feedback Rating: (4)

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to mekrew
trackday org or not .. i like to ride and to ride for CHEAP pffffffft

sign me up coach
mekrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 05:22 PM   #9
FastLine
Motorcycle School

Bike(s):
Instructing
Trackdays
A
Boss

TTD does a motard only group almost every time we go there. We advertise on a, forums and sti, cant draw 40 tards out there, and only charge $130 per person.

Good luck to you, but just check out our schedule and plan on being at our next event there.

I will shoot you a PM with some of our plans for our next visit there.

You just missed a td day we did there 3 weeks ago.
FastLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 08:33 PM   #10
kenup283

Experience: 1 year
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
01 Bandit 1200

Member Garage

these guys pretty much have you nailed but I'd be down (pay at the track type of thing, sorry not willing to pony up without knowing ya). If it only takes 40 bikes then 2 sessions 30 min each could be run. Probably should'nt run more than 20 at a time. You mentioned a dirt section for tards I didint see anything out there last Month so unless there progressing somthing rapidly (which would be a supprise) then you may tripple check that before you get too far.

Advertisement