Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-30-2009, 12:05 PM   #21
specterunseen
El Brilliante

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 1 year
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
Kawasaki EX250 (dead due to mechanical failure)
Kawasaki EX500 (on loan from a friend)
Pending, bikeless once the 500 gone :-(
Want Husky 510SMR or KTM 690 SMC to continue the hooligan activity

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdill35 View Post
What have you done for a "squid" lately? If you are not a part of the solution, well...then you must be a part of the problem.
whhaaaattt?

So if i see people driving unsafely and speeding crazily somehow my fault as well for not spreading safe defensive driving techniques to the masses?

I don't think I should be held responsible for part of the solution to squids? Most don't like freely given advice... doing my bit to help everytime I can with riders esp new riders on gearing up and starting small.... but I'm not claiming responsibility for part of the problem with those 100 mph near naked speeders on the beltway...

Spreading biker knowledge/goodwill/education is important... but I think the logic is wrong to to say I'm part of the problem because I don't do trackdays, education on fully geared riding days, etc..... ?
Old 03-30-2009, 05:22 PM   #22
Guitar Man
Keep moving!!!!>>>>>>>>>>

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2013 Suzuki V Strom DL650 22,000 miles
09 Yamaha FZ6 59,651 miles (RIP)
07 Yamaha FZ6 39,668 miles (RIP)
73 Triumph Tiger 750
Cannondale Quick CX4 (Pedal Powaa!!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pelochas View Post
so is everything else...and the reason it goes up is keep the squids out...you have cake and eat it..either pay high insurance and keep some squids out or pay cheap insurance and have all the squids in

it was a freaking nice day yesterday..i manage to get some fishing, riding and more riding and have a nice time with the in-laws Bonus FOOD

cant blame anyone for riding
There would be more squids on the road if the insurance were lower. Didn't look at it that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godsuki View Post
It's not just insurance rates going up, but tax payers dollars spent on emergency workers to fix their stupid
I know thats right.
Old 03-30-2009, 05:24 PM   #23
txferrari
Banned

Feedback Rating: (2)

User is banned

txferrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 05:30 PM   #24
cdill35

Feedback Rating: (5)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2014 Phoenix 921 Pro XP w/ Merc 250 ProXS
11 Yam Zuma 125
Specialized Stumpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by specterunseen View Post
whhaaaattt?

So if i see people driving unsafely and speeding crazily somehow my fault as well for not spreading safe defensive driving techniques to the masses?

I don't think I should be held responsible for part of the solution to squids? Most don't like freely given advice... doing my bit to help everytime I can with riders esp new riders on gearing up and starting small.... but I'm not claiming responsibility for part of the problem with those 100 mph near naked speeders on the beltway...

Spreading biker knowledge/goodwill/education is important... but I think the logic is wrong to to say I'm part of the problem because I don't do trackdays, education on fully geared riding days, etc..... ?
Well, making a thread on MH about some dude half dressed really helps them. For what it's worth, thank JESUS someone took the time to talk to me about gear, knee pads, track days, msf, etc etc etc. They weren't on a forum posting threads about how this dude is an idiot and this dude is a squid and blah blah blah. They fkn cared enough to mention gear and ways to be a better rider. When I see someone on the street, flying by my without gear, of course I cant do anything. But when I see someone I am riding with, someone at PP1 with no helmet, someone flying around 610 with nowhere near the skills it takes, well, I try to talk to them. Some listen, some dont. But at least I have done my part and tried to be a part of the solution.

That dude that helped me, those people along the way that transformed me and my line of thinking, I will never be able to repay that debt. All I can do is pass along what was so freely given to me.

So go ahead, make another thread about an idiot, a squid, a fool or whatever. In the meantime, I'll try to be part of the solution. And SLOWING down aint always the solution. But gaining some skills, is.

It's like bithcing about teh government but not voting. It makes no sense to me.

But as always, just my .02.

And yeah, if there is a problem and you dont try to fix it, but sit back idle...watching and doing nothing...then YES...you are a part of the problem.

Last edited by cdill35; 03-30-2009 at 05:32 PM.
cdill35 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 05:47 PM   #25
bunxx
Saw 'em Off!

Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
duc 800SS
polaris ranger
yamaha rhino

Quote:
Originally Posted by po-po 5.0 View Post
Or did squid season officially start this past weekend?
it has begun
bunxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 05:53 PM   #26
Costas

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
'04 ZX-10R
'07 ZX-6R (track)
'04 ZX-6R (sold)
'05 Ninja 500 (sold)

Send a message via AIM to Costas
they were all over the place yesterday. i saw a group of 3 ppl going down westheimer, they were all in shorts and sunglesses riding with their left hand on their thigh. i started laughing when i saw them because of how douchebaggy they looked.
Old 03-30-2009, 05:56 PM   #27
cdill35

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
2014 Phoenix 921 Pro XP w/ Merc 250 ProXS
11 Yam Zuma 125
Specialized Stumpy

And lastly........ why shame them? Why flame them? I have ran into so many "squids" at places and when I ask them if they are on MH, they say no! fck MH! blah blah blah...9 times out of 10..it is because they sadi something, or asked something and some keyboard jockey flamed em for it.

Then I get to go defending MH and tellin em how it's a great place and dont let those people get to you and blah blah blah. This site should have 10k members.

But then again, kinda nice that only the strong survive the wrath, MH, is sometimes famous for dishin out!
cdill35 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 05:58 PM   #28
Brian f.

Bike(s):
06 CRF450 Tard FOR SALE!!!!!!
2007 1000RR
K8 750 Track bike
Racecar 8.02 @ 169 FOR SALE, not for faint of heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by po-po 5.0 View Post
Or did squid season officially start this past weekend?
Yes it has, they were out in drones Sunday in Fort Worth.

And..........are you flippin' pumped for your first trackday of the year this weekend or what!?!?!?!?!
Brian f. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 06:03 PM   #29
rideForrestride

Feedback Rating: (1)

Trackdays: 5

Bike(s):
'08 ZX10R - The Mistress

It's just you. :haha: lol, stickin' emoticons or whatever
rideForrestride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 06:05 PM   #30
dudewhrsmybike

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
2011 Kawasaki ZX-10R ABS

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to dudewhrsmybike
This Saturday I saw two girls in G-Town riding on the back of bikes in bikini bottoms, tank tops, and sandals. No complaints here

It's GREEN, it's FAST, and it says Ninja on it
dudewhrsmybike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 06:36 PM   #31
burnboy
upliftmofopartyplan

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
2011 kawi z 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdill35 View Post
For what it's worth, thank JESUS someone took the time to talk to me about gear, knee pads, track days, msf, etc etc etc.
amen
burnboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement