MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2006, 10:33 AM   #1
Flying Scot

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
Triumph Daytona 650

Send a message via AIM to Flying Scot Send a message via MSN to Flying Scot
A BIKERS WORST NIGHTMARE!!! TRULY!!!

SO WHAT'S THE WORST THAT COULD HAPPEN TO RIDERS LIKE US? IN MY OPINION THE WORST WOULD BE TO ACTUALLY HIT ANOTHER RIDER WHILE DRIVING A CAR OR IN MY CASE A TRUCK!!! SO IT'S SOMETHING THAT I HAVE THOUGHT ABOUT NUMEROUS TIMES SINCE MY FIRST BIKE PURCHASE BUT ON TUESDAY OF THIS WEEK I FOUND OUT WHAT WOULD BE WORSE!!!!

LEAVING MY COMPLEX I PULL UP TO THE SAME 4 WAY STOP I USE EVERYDAY OF MY LIFE. PULLING UP JUST BEHIND 2 OTHER VEHICLES IN ADJACENT LANES I SEE THEM TAKE OFF AND THINK I CAN RUN IT TOO AND NOT ACTUALLY STOP! SO AS I TURN MY F150 TO THE LEFT I SEE A MOTORCYCLE COMING FROM THE RIGHT WHO HAS MIRACULOUSLY APPEARED FROM NOWHERE...YEAH RIGHT, I'M SUCH A I HIT THE BREAKS AND HE (THE RIDER) PASSES BY ME WITH A LITTLE SKIP IN HIS HEART BEAT. I IN TURN AM FURIOUS WITH MYSELF AND ASHAMED THAT I EVEN CAME THAT CLOSE TO HITTING HIM. SO HERE IS THE PART THAT MAKES THIS THE WORST. I'M DRIVING BEHIND HIM NOW JUST DEVASTATED WITH MYSELF AND AFTER A FEW MORE LIGHTS I BEGIN TO FOCUS MORE ON THE BIKE AND RIDER - SOMETHING LOOKS FAMILIAR BUT I'M NOT SURE WHAT. THEN MY MIND BEGINS TO ASK "DO I KNOW THIS RIDER??" AND THERE IT IS, MY WORLD CAME CRASHING DOWN ON ME. NOT ONLY DO I KNOW THE RIDER HE'S ONE OF MY BEST FRIENDS RIDING A LOANER BIKE AS HE WORKS AT BRITISH USA!!! WHAT .............. THE ................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:BangHead: I HAD TO OWN UP AND CALL HIM TO CONFESS - HE DIDN'T KNOW I WAS THE DRIVER AND I COULD HAVE KEPT QUIET BUT I COULDN'T. SO NOW I AM PUBLICALLY ANNOUNCING TO THE FORUM I'M A AND I KNOW IT!!!
DAVE I AM SORRY, PLEASE FORGIVE ME:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy . DO I STILL DESERVE TO RIDE???

WHAT IS YOUR WORST NIGHTMARE??? HAVE YOU EVER LOOKED IT IN THE FACE AS I DID THIS WEEK?

Last edited by Flying Scot; 02-10-2006 at 10:39 AM.
Flying Scot is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
It's all the "FOREIGN BIKERS" that make us US bikers look bad Track_Graphics General Discussion (Moto Related) 7 05-07-2014 08:39 AM
Nightmare 30RockR6 General Discussion (Moto Related) 15 09-11-2013 08:35 PM
Horrible nightmare. hotcknstrips Off Topic 13 02-22-2012 04:24 PM
This is my worst nightmare while riding in the city. Death Vid eltejano General Discussion (Moto Related) 24 10-10-2010 09:27 PM
electrical nightmare Crock How To's and Q & A's 13 06-06-2006 01:41 PM
Advertisement
Old 02-10-2006, 10:39 AM   #2
B.S. Motorsports
non agent jake

Bike(s):
20th ann. gsxr 750

Thats my worst nitmare as well...Im always very nervous when im in my truck and see a biker i try my best to slow down and let him in front of me where i can keep my eye on him but yes that must suck to of been you in that situation....

I think you should still ride and im sure he forgives you as anybody would and you'r a man for admiting to your mistakes....

morefun00800033mr[/IMG][/
!!If it aint its !!
B.S. Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 10:43 AM   #3
JJO
The One and Only

Bike(s):
Injured 2005 ZX-6R

maybe you did him a favor....he might be a little more careful. Just think of it like that. Another driver just might have creamed him.
Old 02-10-2006, 10:47 AM   #4
Flying Scot

Bike(s):
Triumph Daytona 650

Send a message via AIM to Flying Scot Send a message via MSN to Flying Scot
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJO
maybe you did him a favor....he might be a little more careful. Just think of it like that. Another driver just might have creamed him.
I NEVER LOOKED AT IT LIKE THAT!!! IT ALMOST MAKES ME FEEL BETTER!!!
Flying Scot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 10:52 AM   #5
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
lots of em

serious wake up call to pay attention and it also shows you how hard it is for others to see you "at a glance" like we ALL do at times.
, when I was a kid, I was in a 67 cuda and I had just finished the 340 motor and was doing a test run. I pulled out of a corner store RIGHT in front of a cop CAR an didnt even see him. I roasted the hides and was all happy, but when the smoke cleared, he was right on me! He pulled me over and asked if I was stoned because I almost hit him big as day....and I never even saw him!

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
ScooterTrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 10:55 AM   #6
PORSCHITO

Feedback Rating: (1)

Send a message via AIM to PORSCHITO Send a message via Yahoo to PORSCHITO
my worst nightmare is a doggy on the highway causing u to go down and get run over many many times.... and i also saw some scary like a matress or a sofa ....
PORSCHITO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 10:55 AM   #7
JJO
The One and Only

Bike(s):
Injured 2005 ZX-6R

.....wish you still had the car, don't you?
Old 02-10-2006, 11:23 AM   #8
Prodigy

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
Honda 1000rr
Kawasaki ZX6r
Honda CBR F4i
Suzuki Gsxr750
T-Rex

Member Garage

having my chainbreak and lock up my back tire on the freeway AGAIN
Prodigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 11:30 AM   #9
speedismo
OCD for speed

hurting my passenger is THE worst nightmare. have already done it once.. luckily she walked off with a scratch on the leg while i had a totally road rashed face and a brain haemmorhage. yes, that was my last time on the bike without a helmet.

Travelomy:Simplify your travel.
speedismo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 04:34 PM   #10
ownage
Banned

User is banned

ownage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 04:37 PM   #11
B.S. Motorsports
non agent jake

Bike(s):
20th ann. gsxr 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScooterTrash
serious wake up call to pay attention and it also shows you how hard it is for others to see you "at a glance" like we ALL do at times.
, when I was a kid, I was in a 67 cuda and I had just finished the 340 motor and was doing a test run. I pulled out of a corner store RIGHT in front of a cop CAR an didnt even see him. I roasted the hides and was all happy, but when the smoke cleared, he was right on me! He pulled me over and asked if I was stoned because I almost hit him big as day....and I never even saw him!
lol i did omost the same thing... WHen i 1rst got my licence i was driving a mustang and just absolutly roasted the tires while a cop was right behind me never saw him untill the smoke cleared...he yelled and wrote me a ticket..

p.s. i was high though:eh:

morefun00800033mr[/IMG][/
!!If it aint its !!
B.S. Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 04:55 PM   #12
gixr101

Bike(s):
04 gsxr 1000, 05gsxr 1000,07 gsxr750

Quote:
Originally Posted by PORSCHITO
my worst nightmare is a doggy on the highway causing u to go down and get run over many many times.... and i also saw some scary like a matress or a sofa ....

+ 1 also 2x4's and cars that make a uturn from oncoming traffic that happens alot on westhiemer one almost got me.
gixr101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 05:11 PM   #13
BigC
AKA Big Daddy

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
88"HURRICANE 1000 ( crashed ) / 98"Z-71 1500 4x4 / 06" Nissan Sentra Spec - V 6 Speed / ZX-7 Ninja

I think that most definately you still deserve to ride. That's actually one of my pet pieves as a rider is when a driver just looks in their mirror and don't look over their shoulder to double check. Not sure if this was the case in your situation. I have 2 worst fears. 1. I'm on the freeway with the wall on the side of me and a truck, car, suv gets over on me and smashes me into the wall. 2. I'm going on the feeder road on the way to pp1 and a car pulls out in front of me. I better shut up now before I get a Racer X scolding. I always have my lid on though.:icon_bigg
BigC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 05:27 PM   #14
bandit

You suck!!!!!!
bandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 05:37 PM   #15
arturo3rd
OG Sheriff/ Boss

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2015 HD Forty Eight

its a omen. quit riding.
Old 02-10-2006, 05:41 PM   #16
BigC
AKA Big Daddy

Bike(s):
88"HURRICANE 1000 ( crashed ) / 98"Z-71 1500 4x4 / 06" Nissan Sentra Spec - V 6 Speed / ZX-7 Ninja

What??????? What the yaw'll saying?? I'm not telling you guys my fears NO MORE. You suck bandit breath.....lol
BigC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 08:50 PM   #17
bandit

I was telling Flying Scot he sucks BigC.racker so ........shut yo mouth!!!!!!:laughing6
bandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 10:35 PM   #18
hotcknstrips
Bevo's royal guard.

Feedback Rating: (8)

Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
09 Buell 1125CR

I have several worse fears.

Being hit by a car is not one of them, beccause it already happened to me.

One of them is also hit a rider while driving a cage, of course if it's my fault.

Another is making another rider fall when I'mriding as well, like in a group ride.

And the last one is making another rider fall at the track because I made a dumb mistake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Weird Lady
Mucus Membrane!
hotcknstrips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 11:01 PM   #19
AliceInChains02

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
nada

tough question. killing someone would be #1, killing myself would be #2
AliceInChains02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 11:44 AM   #20
nels

Bike(s):
01 Silver/Black F4i-SOLD =(

Glad you didn't hit him. On a side note, not to dog you out, but I can't stand it when ppl do what you said you did (run thru a stop sign just cuz cars adjacent to you were going). It's like, wait your turn, what's a 10 sec wait gonna do to your schedule? Probably not much, but NOT waiting your turn could've ended a life. Keep riding and driving, just be a lil less aggressive.
nels is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement