MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-29-2009, 06:49 PM   #1
eaglefox20
Some Say...

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
Suzuki GSX- R600
SV650n (sold)
Scwhinn 18-speed

Send a message via AIM to eaglefox20
Angry Giving Riders a Bad Rep

Tell me if I've missed something here:

I'm exiting I-10 Durham exit going East. At the Durham intersection, on the feeder road, there's a left turn lane (for left at Shepherd), left/straight lane, and a third straight/right lane. I'm in the right lane waiting at the light preparing to make a right turn at the next street and a guy on a bike pulls up on my right side (next to curb) and yells at me. Based on his gestures, I assume he felt I should have been in the middle lane.

I hate waiting in traffic as much as the next rider, but on a bike (or in a car) I usually make it my business to get around traffic not rev my motor trying to get traffic out of my way. If I'm stuck, I'm stuck, the traffic light is only 1-minute on weekends anyway.

I think its like that that gives riders a bad rep with drivers. At least I pulled up and to the left far enough that he could get through. Instead of a "thanks for moving up", I get a driving lesson from a mime.
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sh**ty Motorcyclist Giving Sport Riders a Bad Rep KTMRC8 Off Topic 55 10-17-2013 08:55 PM
Great contribution to bad rep of motorcyclists in the country ciaka General Discussion (Moto Related) 20 10-02-2013 02:28 PM
New York squids giving bikers a bad name Gigolo Jason Off Topic 2 10-01-2013 07:37 AM
Giving the Army a Bad Name..tsk tsk.. BlackWidow Off Topic 15 03-22-2007 06:12 PM
Moto bomb...WTF...giving us a bad name again ratmzapa Off Topic 6 05-23-2006 06:33 PM
Advertisement
Old 03-29-2009, 07:12 PM   #2
houtex
Hit'n the track pipe

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 1-3 months

F 'em. You didn't do anything wrong.
houtex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 07:13 PM   #3
jfly
RIP Coach Dave

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
cbr 600 F3 LOR exhaust

Member Garage

sorry man i was in a hurry
Actual Riding Experience 10+ years
Quote:
I'll say this, he did a pretty decent job hanging with 3 liter bikes on 45 on his F3!!
jfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 08:26 PM   #4
navigator
Senior Citizen

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'09 Ninja 250
'09 Versys
'09 Grizzly
'10 Felt Racing Hybrid

Not saying that you did anything wrong but if I'm in the right lane at a stop light I move as far left and forward as possible so that people behind me can make the turn if traffic allows. Just because I'm waiting for the light doesn't mean that I can't be nice and allow others to keep moving.
POLITICAL CORRECTNESS, is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a by the clean end.
navigator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 08:34 PM   #5
houtex
Hit'n the track pipe

Experience: 1-3 months

Quote:
Originally Posted by navigator View Post
Not saying that you did anything wrong but if I'm in the right lane at a stop light I move as far left and forward as possible so that people behind me can make the turn if traffic allows. Just because I'm waiting for the light doesn't mean that I can't be nice and allow others to keep moving.
I did the same on northbound on Shepherd at West Gray and some a-hole in a Prius took it as an opportunity to pull even with me. He did not turn but accelerated straight when when the light turned green and I was sandwiched between 2 cars. Luckily no contact was made. Since then, I don't do it anymore. F 'em.
houtex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 09:57 PM   #6
Croe
Kogasamaru (Fate changer)

Bike(s):
Kawasaki 08 z1000

Send a message via Yahoo to Croe
i wouldve simply shook my head and kept riding ignoring him not even worth the effort. i see more stupid on a daily basis done by cars. I like the traffic lesson from a mime part i laughed
Old 03-30-2009, 09:30 AM   #7
specterunseen
El Brilliante

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
Kawasaki EX250 (dead due to mechanical failure)
Kawasaki EX500 (on loan from a friend)
Pending, bikeless once the 500 gone :-(
Want Husky 510SMR or KTM 690 SMC to continue the hooligan activity

yep... give me an inch, they take a mile. i've had someone try and pass me in a single lane near the westpark because I was in the right tire track, near the emergency line to see around cars because of some braking.... he started to try and pass when i swerved back in front of him, stared back with a "helmet glare" and waved the whole arm like "what the..." and he backed WAY OFF. sometimes they are just stupid
Old 03-30-2009, 11:55 AM   #8
KEITH HUBBARD
JOKERMAN

Bike(s):
1300 V STAR YAMAHA
KZ 650 KAWASAKI
HONDA CB 550
TS125 SUZUKI
HARLEY DAVIDSON 50

the more weride, the more crazies we will encounter.
Old 03-30-2009, 12:05 PM   #9
CaligoneTx
Forest Gnome Tour Guide

Bike(s):
Triumph 675r
Ducati 748
Hyosungs (250r + 650r)
Honda 900rr
Suzuki Busa1300r (+2 bikes)

Send a message via AIM to CaligoneTx Send a message via Yahoo to CaligoneTx
azzholes on bikes are likely azzholes on two legs also.

there is a growing epidemic of azzholes in the USA. do what you can to neutralize the threat.
Old 03-30-2009, 06:44 PM   #10
eaglefox20
Some Say...

Bike(s):
Suzuki GSX- R600
SV650n (sold)
Scwhinn 18-speed

Send a message via AIM to eaglefox20
Quote:
Originally Posted by navigator View Post
Nav, you're right. I try not to be a bottle neck for traffic. I did forget to mention I was in my car, not my bike. I was going to make the next right turn and rather than cut off cars coming out of the Valero, I got in the right lane ahead of time.
Old 03-30-2009, 06:48 PM   #11
JRxGRUBZx

Bike(s):
O-six six durty six (r.i.p)
07 zx6r (rip)
o-five six durty six (rip)
01 f4i - yes yes im a trader .

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglefox20 View Post
Tell me if I've missed something here:

I'm exiting I-10 Durham exit going East. At the Durham intersection, on the feeder road, there's a left turn lane (for left at Shepherd), left/straight lane, and a third straight/right lane. I'm in the right lane waiting at the light preparing to make a right turn at the next street and a guy on a bike pulls up on my right side (next to curb) and yells at me. Based on his gestures, I assume he felt I should have been in the middle lane.

I hate waiting in traffic as much as the next rider, but on a bike (or in a car) I usually make it my business to get around traffic not rev my motor trying to get traffic out of my way. If I'm stuck, I'm stuck, the traffic light is only 1-minute on weekends anyway.

I think its like that that gives riders a bad rep with drivers. At least I pulled up and to the left far enough that he could get through. Instead of a "thanks for moving up", I get a driving lesson from a mime.
to fkn funny!!!
JRxGRUBZx is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement