MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-27-2009, 09:28 AM   #21
DLSGAP
Whats the "Dragon"

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'11 FZ8

Believe it or not... Godfather is still around... atleast the name is. Its right on par with the cheap ebay . sure it will work, but its not going to look good without some work. I got a set for my zx7 made by godfather and it was such a pain. I can get hotbodies for my zx10 cheap through Lockhart Philips (270 for the upper and lower, they're out of the tail) but I'm still not sure I want them just because of all the quality issues i've heard of.
DLSGAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hotbodies megaphone K. Oliveira Performance and Modifications 22 09-11-2010 11:31 AM
Hotbodies undertail 04r6 General Discussion (Moto Related) 11 01-13-2009 06:29 PM
Hotbodies 600rr replica tomLSTD General Discussion (Moto Related) 20 10-23-2007 12:58 PM
Hotbodies or Sharkskinz? S_M_J82 General Discussion (Moto Related) 15 09-22-2006 03:21 PM
Hotbodies flushmounts Candie How To's and Q & A's 19 09-16-2006 07:30 PM
Advertisement
Old 03-27-2009, 11:16 AM   #22
ROADandTRACK

Bike(s):
Too many to list

We used HB for a couple years and NEVER recieved the $$$ from Contingency.
They said CMRA didn't send the info. But I was running the contingency back then. Then they said we needed a receipt. Faxed it to them and never gots my monies.

There is a whole nother story about them that I won't get into here that sealed the deal to never sell their stuff outta my shop again.

Tom, I've liked the Armour stuff that I've mounted lately. Easy to prep too.
Old 03-27-2009, 11:25 AM   #23
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROADandTRACK View Post
We used HB for a couple years and NEVER recieved the $$$ from Contingency.
They said CMRA didn't send the info. But I was running the contingency back then. Then they said we needed a receipt. Faxed it to them and never gots my monies.

There is a whole nother story about them that I won't get into here that sealed the deal to never sell their stuff outta my shop again.

Tom, I've liked the Armour stuff that I've mounted lately. Easy to prep too.
Yeah man, I've saved the stories from the past and not posted them here too. I've just grown tired of hearing about "how much they changed" and "how much better it is now..." etc. B.S.

Armour makes some good stuff, I don't dislike it at all, it's just that it's too close to the Attack and Sharkskinz price to justify it's purchase. For the same or just a tad more I would rather get Attack personally. But I've been told I'm a bodywork snob...
Old 03-27-2009, 02:29 PM   #24
Mr. Unassailable
1-20-2013-Change we need

Feedback Rating: (6)

Member Garage

good info tom. hopefully i will see you next weekend and we can discuss that # plate... i was going to get a 450 dirt bike # plate and use it, but if you have something better that is awesome.
Old 03-27-2009, 04:25 PM   #25
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Unassailable View Post
good info tom. hopefully i will see you next weekend and we can discuss that # plate... i was going to get a 450 dirt bike # plate and use it, but if you have something better that is awesome.
I've actually got a yellow plastic number plate like an MX plate if you want it.
Old 03-27-2009, 04:28 PM   #26
Mr. Unassailable
1-20-2013-Change we need

Feedback Rating: (6)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomLSTD View Post
I've actually got a yellow plastic number plate like an MX plate if you want it.
Old 03-28-2009, 09:52 AM   #27
Jetkillr
Trackdays:7 Crashes:3

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
2001 SV650S
2001 R6 SOLD

Member Garage

my R6 has sharkskinz race bodywork and i still use it even though when i crashed at texas world it got banged up a bit. we just zip tied the torn parts back in place. fiber glass is 10000000 times better than any ABS plastic . havnt dealt with anything else besides those 2
i think this makes him look human. you always get people thinking they soooooo perfect, well your not. at least Obama was cool enough to be himself. thats why i look up to him, he's like an average black male but with intelligence. -Actual Quote from a Barack Obama supporter
Jetkillr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 10:57 AM   #28
Patrick
Motorcycles Unlimited

Bike(s):
'14 Speed Triple R, '82 CB900F, '13 Streetglide

Tom,
I agree 1000000%!!

It's a shame how far they're fallen in terms of quality / fit and finish.

I cringe whenever someone brings in a set they've bought for me to fit up.

NEED GEAR? We have a great selection in stock but if we need to order it we GUARANTEE FIT!
Where Houston riders go to have their bikes worked on, done right the first time!

muad

1964 FM 1960 West
Houston, TX 77090
Hours: Tues.-Fri. 9:30-6:00 Sat. 9-5:30
www.motorcycles-unlimited.com
http://www.facebook.com/motorcyclesunlimited
e-mail: patrick@motorcycles-unlimited.com
Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 11:07 AM   #29
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
Tom,
I agree 1000000%!!

It's a shame how far they're fallen in terms of quality / fit and finish.

I cringe whenever someone brings in a set they've bought for me to fit up.
I'm going to write them a letter, maybe they'll read it, maybe they won't. Until they make some serious changes though, I'm going to continue to steer folks away from them.
Old 03-28-2009, 07:00 PM   #30
rc51eviltwin

Feedback Rating: (1)

tis is a good idea,maybe get a list names attached to the letter.
maybe they just dont care......
surely they know of the problems.
rc51eviltwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 05:54 AM   #31
kenup283

Experience: 1 year
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
01 Bandit 1200

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Beasley View Post
Have done it. Actually the set Larry ran at Daytona this year we made the week before using his OEM as a base. Only two scratches in the OEM where we got a bit impatient and they will buff out. Lots of fun........ and I have thought about doing a carbon set, but the thought of getting the weave to match up gives me nightmares. (And Tom my stuff you can bend back on itself.)
The chop gun is the way to mass produce if you have good molds and THAT is where most go south. Also consider that not only is Pepe and the boys doing the work for about a dollar and hour down there, but he molds get old and quality suffers and primer gets thicker. Chop guns will ALWAYS produce air bubbles unless you have the epoxy so thin it runs from the mold.
You think body work is a pain, try filling and fairing 50+' of boat hull from a crappy mold in Taiwan.........

Thanks for the feedback. Have you tried Vaccum bagging the layup to the mold. May help get those nicks out if you are't doing that already. Couple of nicks is a great success.

I've been kickin around the idea of doing some carbon stuff. We used to make our body work for the Formula SAE college cometion out our carbon from fiber. Won;t get rich but for the price I see for bodywork you can make your own. Aircraft spruce is a good site for suppies as will be many other exp aircraft sites.

Advertisement