Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-26-2009, 03:46 PM   #21
Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Kawi C-14
07 R6 track

Originally Posted by Costas View Post
i don't see why not, i wonder how it would do in light patches of gravel
Very well. Under any condition, I was suprised
GodDamnit there's always such a big temptation to be good, to be good! (Tom Waits)
Wormgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
good day goes bad ely2000 General Discussion (Moto Related) 53 10-13-2010 11:50 PM
The good, The bad, and The ugly DMC General Discussion (Moto Related) 7 11-30-2009 07:05 PM
Good or bad idea? samv1368 General Discussion (Moto Related) 23 08-14-2008 10:13 PM
a good or bad decision??? HELP!! sbfuller Off Topic 72 04-15-2008 09:30 PM
Old 03-26-2009, 04:19 PM   #22
randomly chaotic

Experience: 5 years

I have it on my GW, and granted I'm sure I'm not as experienced in braking as most of yall sound, I enjoyed its comfort more than once.

I'd be very curious if people bashing, well not bashing but saying they wouldn't want it on their bikes, actually did a side by side test of the same bike w/ and w/o ABS and came to the conclusion that they can surely stop faster or shorter w/o than with. I cannot, and most surely cannot do that on the 800lb GW.

I'd honestly would like that on every bike I buy. I am more confident breaking with the GW than with the ABS-less gixxer, but again, i don't have the extensive experience that some people here have.
I would not buy a touring bike without ABS, that's for sure.
philipx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 04:52 PM   #23
Pure Awesome
Feedback Rating: (6)

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 5

2009 Kawasaki zx-6r
SOLD:2007 Kawasaki zx-6r
SOLD:1999 YZ-125
SOLD:2004 Can-o-Tuna

Member Garage

I wouldn't want it on a sport bike because of added complexity, but on a cruiser or touring bike I wouldn't mind.
Intermission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 04:59 PM   #24
Twist the Grip, Let'r Rip
Feedback Rating: (6)

Experience: 10+ years

450x sumo (sold)
RC51 (sold)
Honda Grom 125(sold)

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to Scorpio
It adds 25# and $1000 to the new 600 & 1000RR's.
Would'nt use it on a track bike for the weight, but would be nice on a street bike.
Scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 05:03 PM   #25
Annuit Coeptis Celeritas

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 2

2001 FZ1

Member Garage

Haven't ridden one with - but of course have it on cars.. but write-ups have been pretty positive on road and track stories I've seen - traction control too...

how can anything that reduces the human-error catastrophe while potentially maximizing performance limits be a bad thing?

And then there's the money - but if you wreck once, twice, or so, isn't it better to spend some now than much more later? Wish I could retrofit my bike, I'd invest in that in a hurry!

Pyrogenic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 05:03 PM   #26
Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 1-3 months

SV1k (sold)
CRB6 Track Bike (sold)
Daytona 1200 (parted)
1st Gen FZ1 (sold)
1st Gen SV650 (sold)

Member Garage

Originally Posted by Scorpio View Post
It adds 25# and $1000 to the new 600 & 1000RR's.
Would'nt use it on a track bike for the weight, but would be nice on a street bike.
The weight issue would be a downside for me as well. But the extra few feet of stopping power wouldn't be a bad thing IMO.
"I haven't seen the crash, but I think Marc needs to be penalized for two or three seasons! Until I stop racing!"-VR46
BigComfy is offline   Reply With Quote