MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Information > Introduction Forum
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2006, 04:37 PM   #21
Swift E

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Triumph 675

I say we bring back the Draft.
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Guy/girl Breakup - Guy on Rooftop Tweets Play by Play Rowdy76 The Circus 11 11-20-2013 12:55 AM
Remember the old guy bating up the black guy on the bus? Ulric Off Topic 20 07-20-2012 04:31 PM
New Guy EZSPEED General Discussion (Moto Related) 8 08-21-2009 05:59 PM
Anybody know this guy??? landon05 General Discussion (Moto Related) 20 07-31-2009 05:03 AM
Advertisement
Old 02-09-2006, 04:37 PM   #22
ratmzapa

Member Garage

Dancinman will speak shortly......
Old 02-09-2006, 04:39 PM   #23
BigComfy

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
SV1k (sold)
CRB6 Track Bike (sold)
Daytona 1200 (parted)
1st Gen FZ1 (sold)
1st Gen SV650 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swift E
Old 02-09-2006, 04:42 PM   #24
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):

Screw a draft! Although word has it there is a bill in congress being looked at for that. You may get what you want. Oh, and they are changing ages and drafting requirments. Don't hope for to much!

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 04:44 PM   #25
Swift E

Bike(s):
Triumph 675

Why not draft?
I know I hope that they would offer the same training and security to the soldiers drafted as they would anyone else.
Old 02-09-2006, 04:46 PM   #26
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):

Quote:
Why not draft?
I know I hope that they would offer the same training and security to the soldiers drafted as they would anyone else.
Because history shows that drafts are not exactly legit. :eh:

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 04:47 PM   #27
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

their ain't gonna be a draft.

nothing wrong w/ everybody having to be in the military IMO, makes you appreciate your freedoms alot more. GO ISREAL! lol
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 04:48 PM   #28
Swift E

Bike(s):
Triumph 675

Nor is the Government or the Military for that matter
Old 02-09-2006, 05:00 PM   #29
Swift E

Bike(s):
Triumph 675

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancinman
Dancinman will speak shortly......
We're waiting...
Old 02-09-2006, 05:07 PM   #30
ratmzapa

Member Garage

First off there will be a draft in the next ten years...Were are having threats to the South of us....East and West...not only do we have ideologists that want to rule with an iron fist they also want people that beliefs differ than their own to be suppressed...I believe in fact we should have mandatory service for people at the high school age...but in this the govt would have to provide skills necessary in order for them to succeed after the military..anyone in here been to Detroit, Ohio? Well the unemployment rate is ridiculous...kids getting kids pregnant...we didnt have this in the early part of the century where men would lie about their age to join the military in order to serve ones country...a draft is stupid because yes not everyone is cut out for the military...we then should give those that do not have the desire to work in something like Roosevelts Tennessee Valley Projects....Education in this country is a doomed instituion almost like that of marriage...In order for our country to survive we must become greatly educated, close our borders, and rely more on ourselves (self sufficiency) etc.....
Old 02-09-2006, 05:18 PM   #31
oby1

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancinman
First off there will be a draft in the next ten years...Were are having threats to the South of us....East and West...not only do we have ideologists that want to rule with an iron fist they also want people that beliefs differ than their own to be suppressed...I believe in fact we should have mandatory service for people at the high school age...but in this the govt would have to provide skills necessary in order for them to succeed after the military..anyone in here been to Detroit, Ohio? Well the unemployment rate is ridiculous...kids getting kids pregnant...we didnt have this in the early part of the century where men would lie about their age to join the military in order to serve ones country...a draft is stupid because yes not everyone is cut out for the military...we then should give those that do not have the desire to work in something like Roosevelts Tennessee Valley Projects....Education in this country is a doomed instituion almost like that of marriage...In order for our country to survive we must become greatly educated, close our borders, and rely more on ourselves (self sufficiency) etc.....

A!! Heavy on closing all the "BORDERS"! We need to start making all our over here instead of Costa Rica, and Japan!!
Old 02-09-2006, 05:32 PM   #32
XxNaSDaQxX
30psi is not enough!

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
01 R1 Turbo

First, donít buy into the recruiter B.S. Most of it is lies. I to have served, 90k colleges, time which is spent up to 5 years after you discharge. Most of which has to be spent in their schools not many of the good ones or those around home. Likely hood of you getting that 90k for school, good luck.

40k signing bonus. Hope you realize what youíre singing for that bonus. To be a cook, garbage guy, etc. I believe mine was 10k 5 years ago for my M.O.S. With plenty of other changes my mos. Also with a high scoring ASFAB. Linguistics also another good score. Also A. You never see the money till after your AIT training. B. You get paid a portion of it on grad, and then increments later in the years. Your pay is also less then what they believe you to think.

In this year alone, it has been good to be in the service, being that we have gotten over 3 pay raises for all soldiers. Anyone in longer then 1 year got these raises.

Now to those people about Draft! Yea right. As in it will not happen. Granted we have expended all of our forces. And we have had the least amount of re-signups and new enlistments. But they have been offering great pay for those that stay and those that come in. Unless new policies have changed. Which most have not, what most of what is being said is B.S. Not to mention the IRAQ with its new democracy in place, its new elected leaders already requested for the american troops to pull out by NEXT YEAR! Which means should all go well. MY BROTHERS will come home safe! It will take no longer then 2 years. You guys need to keep up with the news.

Go pick up a Military Times, it will tell you exactly what has the biggest pay outs and whatís been going on. even if you sign up for military.com youíll know what is usually going on.

For those that believe freedom is free, speaks a lot about your character. You don't know about it, so keep your 2 cents to yourself.
BTW: Some countries military EVERY male has to server at least once. Others are more like freedom fighters such as that of Iraq, people with a cause. France is a poor example to compare the US to. If you believe it to be better there then here. Jump on a plain and live there. I too have been over seas, again something you will probably never know a thing about. The quote below is for you.

"Honor and Respect, without it what would we have. A man that stands for nothing will fall for anything"
-Malcolm X

Racer X- I agree with you on your point that everyone should join. Builds Values, something a lot of kids, people, now and days don't have. You will never meet better people that will protect you with their lives.

-J

edit: Forgot about the family thing, For the most part your family will be ok. The thing is mentally I hope your all ready. Too many Dear John, letters and the wall of shame. I to fell victim to this, as my best friend ended up with my gal. Then when the family was going threw issues, my red cross message came. And due to my position I was not able to come. So I hope if you consider this, you are ready for the limitless possibilities.

You will have a 1 million dollar life insurance policy; your family gets all medical benefits once they get their government issued insurance ids. And youíll have to go to a medical station covered by your plan. If you pay an additional 100 bucks a month you can go anywhere and be covered. Housing and other options will take a while. If you have questions just let me know. I can't remember it all but I can call a few guys in my old plt. Married couples can live off base, you get a bonus if your married and per child. As I said just let me know if you have questions.

00 SS
05 R1
01 R1 Turbo
01 Slp SS

People once believed....

Last edited by XxNaSDaQxX; 02-10-2006 at 02:51 PM.
XxNaSDaQxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 06:27 PM   #33
bandit

bandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 06:41 PM   #34
fuknrobert
the necessary villain

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
'04 R6, '05 70, '04 fiddy!

Don't forget to mention:

Let's say you signed up for 3 years right? Okay after your contract is over, they can STILL pull you out of regular life and make you go to war within the following 5 years. No matter what kind of contract you sign, they own you for a total of 8 years.

Uncle Sam says:
You!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentgixxer
im not a midget , i was actually born with a type of dwarfism, but i took medication for 12 yrs to reach just 5'6"
fuknrobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 09:07 PM   #35
MPrecruiter

Well I appreciate all of you that were supportive, and for those doom sayers, I am not in the business of lying. Because to lie would mean I checked my ethics and morals at the door. And another thing I have no need to lie or bend the truth, I get paid the same no matter if people join or don't join, my job is merely to inform the public what the U.S. Army can do for them. I do not debate the politics of what I do, that is the job of the people we have elected to do. I just show all those interested in other possibilities and ways to get to their goals, if its through service to country then right on, if not then I will assist them in any way I can to find another route, that is my job and my mission. Because if I lie or wrong some person into joining the Army then I am no better than those that would steal our rights and liberties, the rights and liberties that I have spent my life defending, and I am not about to join the ranks of those that would do such things. I am here to tell the truth, and if the truth about what the Army can do for you isn't your cup of tea, then I'm sorry, but I will ask how else can I assist you in accomplishing your goals, al beit furthering your education, finding a job, etc, etc, etc. Also the Army has changed its age requirements for those wondering, we'll accept you into the Army as long as you turn the age of 40 while in Basic Training. And should anyone have any questions pm me. Thanks for your time. Also please don't start debates on my behalf, all though they are fun to read....lol. Take care one and all.
MPrecruiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 09:14 PM   #36
shipwreck

Bike(s):
2001 CBR 600 F4i

thanks to the military ive been drunk in 11 different countries
shipwreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 09:25 PM   #37
shipwreck

Bike(s):
2001 CBR 600 F4i

Quote:
in israel they have a mandatory enlistment for everyone when you turn 18. its a trip, youll be at the topless beach enjoying a drink and a bunch of kids walk by carrying machine guns.
shipwreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 09:27 PM   #38
fuknrobert
the necessary villain

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
'04 R6, '05 70, '04 fiddy!

thanks to the military i now have a job that can actually support my family :-)

even though they took my friggin bonus away lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentgixxer
im not a midget , i was actually born with a type of dwarfism, but i took medication for 12 yrs to reach just 5'6"
fuknrobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 11:21 PM   #39
DuBwEaR
Agent PIMP

Bike(s):
2003 Kawasaki Ninja ZX7R

Member Garage

1995 Honda Shadow VLX
2004 Nissan Frontier XE
DuBwEaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 08:43 AM   #40
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipwreck
in israel they have a mandatory enlistment for everyone when you turn 18. its a trip, youll be at the topless beach enjoying a drink and a bunch of kids walk by carrying machine guns.
add Holland as another country that has mandatory enlistment.
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is online now   Reply With Quote

Advertisement