MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-26-2009, 11:02 AM   #21
SPYDER BITE
Can-Am has arrived
 
SPYDER BITE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: I LIVE IN CLEVELAND, TEXAS
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 7,724

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2009 Can-Am Spyder 990









I wanna float down the river while heavily intoxicated I haven't been since my kids were pre teens. Probably close to 18 years ago. Me and Tim used to go once a year until we had the kids and then we had to wait until they were big enough to handle go down the guadalupe. Man those were good times.
__________________
My Can_Am 990 is the Shiznit!
SPYDER BITE is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Any fun roads near san marcos? ZeddXavier General Discussion (Moto Related) 13 06-06-2010 11:45 PM
Thinkin Of Movin to Austin/San Marcos Nightster Ridester Off Topic 39 06-18-2008 04:52 PM
san MARCOS! carlos flores General Discussion (Moto Related) 6 06-08-2008 12:40 PM
San Marcos Tubing Moody Off Topic 15 06-28-2007 03:45 PM
Advertisement
Old 03-26-2009, 01:13 PM   #22
dbuck
Stayin' Young
 
dbuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: NW Houston BW8/290
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 19,638

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk









Send a message via AIM to dbuck
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhdrider View Post
You HAVE to sign up for Level 1 if you haven't ridden w/ Elite.

BUT, after you do a round-robin, you can have an instructor follow you to verify your mad skillz and they will move you to level 2 the rest of the day. You will still get plenty of seat time in level 2, trust me. Very few people run past 3:00 cause they are so beat...
not saying I have mad skills, but I certainly don't ride a novice/Int. pace.

as for Ninja Nana, I'll keep you guys in mind for the float....we have a helleva time every year (although the herd is getting smaller b/c people start having kids, marriage, etc.). Four years ago we would float a keg on Friday night with only 10 people, but the past 3 years we just by several cases b/c people go to bed by 1 am.
dbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 01:21 PM   #23
gixxerbill
Senior Member
 
gixxerbill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: North Corpus Christi
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 6,586

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
K5 GSXR 1000
2008 Goldwing 1832 cc
Bourget Low Blow Chopper







Quote:
Originally Posted by dbuck View Post
not saying I have mad skills, but I certainly don't ride a novice/Int. pace.

as for Ninja Nana, I'll keep you guys in mind for the float....we have a helleva time every year (although the herd is getting smaller b/c people start having kids, marriage, etc.). Four years ago we would float a keg on Friday night with only 10 people, but the past 3 years we just by several cases b/c people go to bed by 1 am.
you're definetely level two. If you would like I could try to vouch for you with her...she like me. There is also a april 6th date that I am thinking about doing is that good for you dbuck?
__________________
Sifu tz is the ultimate poser. He post on motohouston without owning a bike and he posts the corvette forum without owning a vette.... = LOSER!
gixxerbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 01:21 PM   #24
gixxerbill
Senior Member
 
gixxerbill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: North Corpus Christi
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 6,586

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
K5 GSXR 1000
2008 Goldwing 1832 cc
Bourget Low Blow Chopper







Quote:
Originally Posted by ileono918 View Post
dammit Danny look for GB's thread. It has some useful info. By.
Just like all my threads.
__________________
Sifu tz is the ultimate poser. He post on motohouston without owning a bike and he posts the corvette forum without owning a vette.... = LOSER!
gixxerbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 01:23 PM   #25
dbuck
Stayin' Young
 
dbuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: NW Houston BW8/290
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 19,638

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk









Send a message via AIM to dbuck
Quote:
Originally Posted by ileono918 View Post
dammit Danny look for GB's thread. It has some useful info. By the way I think Moira is a member of MH.
it would take me weeks to sort through his BS threads....I don't have that kind of time. lol
dbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 01:24 PM   #26
NorthHoustonGSXR
Yes I do.
 
NorthHoustonGSXR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Kingwood Texas
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 3,993


Bike(s):
2006 GSX 600R
mystery bike
2000 CBR600F4 track only (SOLD)







Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody1010 View Post
start in L1 and blow by everyone and stuff every noob out there lol.
thats was funny!
__________________

xdng33m4iv
GOVERNMENT IS THE REAL MIDDLE MAN. COMMON BUSINESS PRACTICE IS TO ELIMINATE THE MIDDLE MAN.
NorthHoustonGSXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 01:24 PM   #27
dbuck
Stayin' Young
 
dbuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: NW Houston BW8/290
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 19,638

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk









Send a message via AIM to dbuck
Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerbill View Post
you're definetely level two. If you would like I could try to vouch for you with her...she like me. There is also a april 6th date that I am thinking about doing is that good for you dbuck?
nope, the river is too cold April 6th Trying to make an extended weekend out of it and save on the gas since I'll already be out that way for the river float.
dbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 01:25 PM   #28
dbuck
Stayin' Young
 
dbuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: NW Houston BW8/290
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 19,638

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk









Send a message via AIM to dbuck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody1010 View Post
start in L1 and blow by everyone and stuff every noob out there lol.
really, did I say something with arrogance....I'm being realistic, not cocky.
dbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 01:25 PM   #29
gixxerbill
Senior Member
 
gixxerbill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: North Corpus Christi
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 6,586

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
K5 GSXR 1000
2008 Goldwing 1832 cc
Bourget Low Blow Chopper







Quote:
Originally Posted by dbuck View Post
it would take me weeks to sort through his BS threads....I don't have that kind of time. lol

after I said I would vouch for you? all the dang nerve...I take my vouch back. Moira dbuck is an extreme novice I would make him take 4 hours of class instruction before you let him do a roundrobin.
__________________
Sifu tz is the ultimate poser. He post on motohouston without owning a bike and he posts the corvette forum without owning a vette.... = LOSER!
gixxerbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 01:26 PM   #30
BigComfy
Senior Member
 
BigComfy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: under a rock
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 24,335

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
SV1k (sold)
CRB6 Track Bike (sold)
Daytona 1200 (parted)
1st Gen FZ1 (sold)
1st Gen SV650 (sold)

Member Garage


Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerbill View Post
Moira dbuck is an extreme novice I would make him take 4 hours of class instruction before you let him do a roundrobin.
+2
__________________
"I haven't seen the crash, but I think Marc needs to be penalized for two or three seasons! Until I stop racing!"-VR46
BigComfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 01:27 PM   #31
gixxerbill
Senior Member
 
gixxerbill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: North Corpus Christi
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 6,586

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
K5 GSXR 1000
2008 Goldwing 1832 cc
Bourget Low Blow Chopper







So you won't get too smelly sifting through the bs.

http://www.motohouston.com/forums/sh...ht=harris+hill
__________________
Sifu tz is the ultimate poser. He post on motohouston without owning a bike and he posts the corvette forum without owning a vette.... = LOSER!
gixxerbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 01:28 PM   #32
gixxerbill
Senior Member
 
gixxerbill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: North Corpus Christi
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 6,586

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
K5 GSXR 1000
2008 Goldwing 1832 cc
Bourget Low Blow Chopper







Quote:
Originally Posted by BigComfy View Post
+2
Isnt' nice to mess with gixxerbill...it can bite ya.
__________________
Sifu tz is the ultimate poser. He post on motohouston without owning a bike and he posts the corvette forum without owning a vette.... = LOSER!
gixxerbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 01:31 PM   #33
dbuck
Stayin' Young
 
dbuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: NW Houston BW8/290
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 19,638

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk









Send a message via AIM to dbuck
Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerbill View Post
after I said I would vouch for you? all the dang nerve...I take my vouch back. Moira dbuck is an extreme novice I would make him take 4 hours of class instruction before you let him do a roundrobin.


you know I'm just messing around. I would love for you to vouch for me. I can stand one round of round robin, need to learn the track anyhow. Just don't want to be stuck there all day after spending $200.
dbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 01:33 PM   #34
Somebody1010
CCS EX #62
 
Somebody1010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Nacogdoches
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 1,756

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
04 Suzuki 600 (Track only) 04 Kawi KX 250




Member Garage





Send a message via AIM to Somebody1010 Send a message via Yahoo to Somebody1010
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbuck View Post
really, did I say something with arrogance....I'm being realistic, not cocky.
Im being sarcastic as usual, just do the round robin then leave the instructors in the dust.
__________________
Toms Paint and Body
CCS EX # 62
Somebody1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 01:34 PM   #35
gixxerbill
Senior Member
 
gixxerbill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: North Corpus Christi
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 6,586

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
K5 GSXR 1000
2008 Goldwing 1832 cc
Bourget Low Blow Chopper







Quote:
Originally Posted by dbuck View Post


you know I'm just messing around. I would love for you to vouch for me. I can stand one round of round robin, need to learn the track anyhow. Just don't want to be stuck there all day after spending $200.
just mess'n back pm me your real name and when you are thinking about going and I will see what I can do. Just don't crash on turn 1 on lap 1 it will make me look bad. And I look too good to look bad.
__________________
Sifu tz is the ultimate poser. He post on motohouston without owning a bike and he posts the corvette forum without owning a vette.... = LOSER!
gixxerbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 02:49 PM   #36
dhdrider
Senior Member
 
dhdrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Austin, TX
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,719


Bike(s):
08 KTM 300 XC-W









Dbuck-

Just sign for level 1. I did it, too. (And she new I was an instructor for RideSmart, a level 4 rider as a customer of Ride Smart at the time). It's not hard to get bumped up. Just sign for level 1, do the round-robin, then the second session, get an instructor to follow you and you'll be in level 2 immediately. So after the instructor agrees, you 'll be in the next level 2 session. Also, if you get in a round-robin w/ some other non-newbies, the pace can be decent. In my round-robin at Harris Hill, I was dragging a kness in some spots. It was me and 1 other rider behind the instructor and I guess it was apparent to him that we weren't noobs so he picked up the pace pretty well...
__________________
- Jason

2008 KTM 200 XC

Klim Technical Riding Gear
Maine Root Handcrafted Beverages
Retail Resource Group
Primus Real Estate Services
TORCS #301
TSCEC #1114
dhdrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 03:10 PM   #37
dbuck
Stayin' Young
 
dbuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: NW Houston BW8/290
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 19,638

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk









Send a message via AIM to dbuck
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhdrider View Post
Dbuck-

Just sign for level 1. I did it, too. (And she new I was an instructor for RideSmart, a level 4 rider as a customer of Ride Smart at the time). It's not hard to get bumped up. Just sign for level 1, do the round-robin, then the second session, get an instructor to follow you and you'll be in level 2 immediately. So after the instructor agrees, you 'll be in the next level 2 session. Also, if you get in a round-robin w/ some other non-newbies, the pace can be decent. In my round-robin at Harris Hill, I was dragging a kness in some spots. It was me and 1 other rider behind the instructor and I guess it was apparent to him that we weren't noobs so he picked up the pace pretty well...
sweet, I'm looking forward to trying a new track this season....and to top it off, a weekend on the river...win,win situation for me.
dbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 03:15 PM   #38
Amanda
Bulletproof
 
Amanda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: texas
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 2,966

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Scar (07-600rr)
Juggernaut (R6)- ditched
Glee (7fiddy)




HA! a buddy of mine and I have the same plans for june... mebbe, ill see ya out there!!!!

__________________
If you play with the dogs, ur gonna wind up with fleas.....
Amanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 03:20 PM   #39
Bean
you like apples?
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Htown
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 963

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
K3 GSXR 600









26th sounds like a winner
Bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 03:23 PM   #40
dbuck
Stayin' Young
 
dbuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: NW Houston BW8/290
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 19,638

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk









Send a message via AIM to dbuck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanda View Post
HA! a buddy of mine and I have the same plans for june... mebbe, ill see ya out there!!!!

SWEET!!!!!!! It'd be cool to get a few MHer's out there.
dbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:35 AM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy