MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-24-2009, 02:20 AM   #21
maxgs

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mekrew View Post
do u export straight from your editing software to your final render or do you use super to get it smaller ?

ya now thats where it gets tricky , do i buy a new SD card and test it or use the ones i have now and see if it does it again
I don't have to use Super. I can render in mp4 using CorelVideo Studio X2 pro. The files that come off my video cam are pretty small too. 20 mb per minute, perhaps?
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Quite possibly the best video on Youtube ever. eltejano Off Topic 12 03-01-2012 10:24 AM
Does anyone have this video handy? Youtube took it down 675Raisinator General Discussion (Moto Related) 1 09-29-2011 06:11 PM
My first YouTube video... Big_E Off Topic 9 08-17-2011 07:13 PM
the most annoying youtube video ever urbanXJ Off Topic 4 04-22-2010 03:23 PM
Advertisement
Old 03-24-2009, 02:27 AM   #22
maxgs

Member Garage

More interesting GoPro Info from http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/safe...age.cgi?ID=707

"Technical Characteristics:

The camera has a very small sensor size, I believe it is 256 x 192 with doubling, but I was unable to receive confirmation of this from the relations department at GoPro. The sensor is a CMOS imager, which is somewhat obvious by the lack of dynamic range (see image with large black spot in center of sun).

Sporting an output frame size of 512 x 384, broadcast, output to DVD, or other full-frame display will be difficult to do with any degree of image integrity. For web or fun review on a computer in small viewer, it's perfectly appropriate and will give a lot of enjoyment to the sports enthusiast that isn't chasing professional results.

GoPro encodes to an MJPEG codec in AVI container (will be .mov on Apple) and will require an MJPEG decoder in order to read/edit. Most NLE software includes an MJPEG decoder, and they are available from several providers around the web. The encoder compresses the video data to 4800 Kpbs, which is approximately the same compression ratio found on many hllywood DVDs. However, bear in mind that Hollywood DVDs are framesized at 720 x 480, and are sourced from film or HD cameras. I mention this, as some of the marketing commentary on the GoPro Hero compares technical data with that of a DVD. They’re not remotely the same. Additionally, DVDs are encoded with a PAR (Pixel Aspect Ratio) of .909 or 1.333. This means that pixels are elongated in either a horizontal or vertical configuration. The GoPro records a PAR of 1.0 (this means the pixels are square, and are not stretched, which is a benefit). The display is a Standard Aspect Ratio, otherwise known as 4:3. This is the “old” format of screen display, and is no longer available in television displays. GoPro might consider providing widescreen in an anamorphic format in their next camcorder models, as widescreen displays are now the world standard.
30Fps Progressive frames means the image will be smooth for playback, and clear on computer monitors.
Audio is recorded in Mono @8Khz/64Kbps stream. The audio is useless for anything other than reference. It should be pointed out once more, that this camera is aimed at the sport enthusiast that wants to capture exciting moments for the web, not for broadcast or professional use. "
Old 03-24-2009, 02:31 AM   #23
mekrew
naaaaaw i sayin

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 10+

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to mekrew
well like the last line says ... im just looking to capture exciting moments .... hey for $150 its hard to complain , but i can see how it would u off when wanting to convert to a bigger medium
mekrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 02:34 AM   #24
maxgs

Member Garage

Can you upload one of your gopro files to somewhere on the internet? One that is straight from the camera with track video on it. I'd like to take a look at the file and try a couple of things.
Old 03-24-2009, 02:37 AM   #25
mekrew
naaaaaw i sayin

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 1-3 months

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to mekrew
sending u pm with location ...
mekrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 02:39 AM   #26
maxgs

Member Garage

ok, I'll check it out tomorrow. Time for bed.
Old 04-05-2009, 02:29 AM   #27
blodgettboy24
CeddyCed

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
06 ZX-636
95 Honda CBR f3 (stolen)

Send a message via AIM to blodgettboy24 Send a message via Yahoo to blodgettboy24 Send a message via Skype™ to blodgettboy24

Last edited by blodgettboy24; 04-05-2009 at 02:32 AM.
blodgettboy24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 02:22 PM   #28
dudewhrsmybike

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
2011 Kawasaki ZX-10R ABS

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to dudewhrsmybike
I just edited and uploaded some videos from my GoPro cam.
I have some program called Arcsoft VideoImpression2.
It's nothing fancy but I just edit the starting/stopping point and it lets me save the file in MPEG vs. AVI. The quality was lowered a bit whenever I uploaded it to Vimeo.

It's GREEN, it's FAST, and it says Ninja on it
dudewhrsmybike is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement