Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-23-2009, 08:18 PM   #41
BrutusTx

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave C View Post
old news man... way old
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
OOOH MY ! PLEASE BUDDAH!! PLEASE !!... Azylum Off Topic 11 04-04-2012 04:24 PM
Will F^%$ You Up!! VenaSera Off Topic 6 12-07-2009 11:40 AM
thank rickykline Off Topic 24 04-12-2006 02:25 PM
Ask Swift E Off Topic 5 11-29-2005 01:13 PM
Advertisement
Old 03-23-2009, 08:20 PM   #42
BrutusTx

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMAC View Post
That used to me my motto. Now it is "That concrete sure is hard when you get old"
Grass/dirt don't feel to soft either......trust me.
Old 03-23-2009, 08:31 PM   #43
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Send a message via AIM to dbuck
I didn't know Gryphin crashed....sucks to hear and hope he is okay.

and CDill, does this apply to the street or track or both? lol
dbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 08:40 PM   #44
cdill35

Bike(s):
2014 Phoenix 921 Pro XP w/ Merc 250 ProXS
11 Yam Zuma 125
Specialized Stumpy

Good question. Ill have to think. Hmmmm...street only. Track is ok. Lol
cdill35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 08:44 PM   #45
gixxergirloh2
~*~*~*~*~

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 5

Bike(s):
gsxr 600

Member Garage

me personally i wouldnt post anyones wreck on here....but thats just me. i feel like they will post it when they want it posted or will tell someone its ok to post. wrecking happens to everyone or eventually will....some people dont want the attention from it be it positive or negative attention. they may just not care to hear what everyone thinks. thats their business.
Old 03-23-2009, 08:46 PM   #46
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Send a message via AIM to dbuck
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdill35 View Post
Good question. Ill have to think. Hmmmm...street only. Track is ok. Lol
I knew that was gonna be your answer. is it sunday yet?
dbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 08:48 PM   #47
cdill35

Bike(s):
11 Yam Zuma 125
Specialized Stumpy

No chit! Right? Come on sunday!!
Old 03-23-2009, 09:24 PM   #48
spring r1

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
07 r1
04gsxr600 track
ttr90

i agree mine was posted before i got home.......its cool though it reminded me of highschool.......plus it's really cool when people who weren't there have t to say about it........if u werent there and dont know what the u are talking about shut the and mind ur buisness.........just my 2 cents.....like the saying goes{ if people would mind the own fukn buisness the world would be a wonderful place to live}
spring r1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 09:27 PM   #49
JP171

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
00' GSXR 750
05 636

Quote:
Please let me be the one to decide whether I want it posted on a message board.

And I said, "PLEASE."
OH NO!!!!!! I'm gonna post it all over !

For those looking to give back to Texas and serve those in times of need, Join the Texas State Guard.
Locate a Recruiter http://www.gotxsg.com/join.php
JP171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 12:14 AM   #50
Ulric
Dirty Old

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

Quote:
No one said you couldnt write about it. I would not even consider posting someone's personal business with out their expressed permission. I think it is just a moral thing.

Not that yours is right and mine is wrong. It's just that yours is yours and mine is mine.

I guess I was asking too much.

Personal business is shyte that happens behind closed doors. :-)
Old 03-24-2009, 07:51 AM   #51
Quicksilver

Experience: 9-12 months

Bike(s):
2008 Suzuki Half-a-busa
Harley Davidson Fatboy / Fatbob (April 18, 2009)

While y'all at it, just don't post the RIP threads either. If someone wants you to the know that they are dead, then go buy a newspaper and read the obituaries.
Old 03-24-2009, 08:16 AM   #52
cory4408
Dangerously Slow

Are we talking about guys going down and telling! That's Ghey
Old 03-24-2009, 08:20 AM   #53
cdill35

Bike(s):
11 Yam Zuma 125
Specialized Stumpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
While y'all at it, just don't post the RIP threads either. If someone wants you to the know that they are dead, then go buy a newspaper and read the obituaries.
Or we can wait for you to post it, considering most of your post are around the unfortunate happenings to others.

BTW, have you wished a downed rider well yet?
Old 03-24-2009, 08:22 AM   #54
GrayJ
Do a barrel roll!

Bike(s):
2004 SV650
1998 Shadow 1100
2005 CRF450R tard
2007 CRF50
Yamaha PW 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by cory4408 View Post
Are we talking about guys going down and telling! That's Ghey
GrayJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 08:27 AM   #55
ThomAss
I like to ride

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
07 CBR1000rr
06 CBR1000rr
05 CRF450r
09 Ruckus

I wouldn't care. Everyone would eventually find out about it anyways and of course there will be the talkers. The thing with riding is that the bike is controlled by a human and humans make mistakes. You could be a noob or a very seasoned rider. But mistakes will happen.

I don't understand those who armchair quarterback it. Let the rider learn from the mistake without all the negative comments. I guess it makes some people feel better about themselves to judge other people's mistakes and a few have made it their internet career. As long as the person who wrecked accepts the responsibility, learns from the mistake and lives to ride another day, push it under the rug and move on.

Probably the number one reason I would want it posted would be so others could learn from it. It wouldn't matter if I died from it. I would want others to know what happened so hopefully it would help them. I know that several riders who have perished on MH the real reason behind the accident was never discussed. I think it's a shame because that knowledge could help someone in the future and save them, their families and friends a lot of grief. I heard the real reason behind one of the fatal accidents of a MH member that was never posted and I do think about it when that situation comes up.

So let this be my online Will. If anything ever happens, post up all the details. Those that learn from it. You're welcome, glad I could help.

TA
Old 03-24-2009, 08:34 AM   #56
cdill35

Bike(s):
11 Yam Zuma 125
Specialized Stumpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomAss View Post
I wouldn't care. Everyone would eventually find out about it anyways and of course there will be the talkers. The thing with riding is that the bike is controlled by a human and humans make mistakes. You could be a noob or a very seasoned rider. But mistakes will happen.

I don't understand those who armchair quarterback it. Let the rider learn from the mistake without all the negative comments. I guess it makes some people feel better about themselves to judge other people's mistakes and a few have made it their internet career. As long as the person who wrecked accepts the responsibility, learns from the mistake and lives to ride another day, push it under the rug and move on.

Probably the number one reason I would want it posted would be so others could learn from it. It wouldn't matter if I died from it. I would want others to know what happened so hopefully it would help them. I know that several riders who have perished on MH the real reason behind the accident was never discussed. I think it's a shame because that knowledge could help someone in the future and save them, their families and friends a lot of grief. I heard the real reason behind one of the fatal accidents of a MH member that was never posted and I do think about it when that situation comes up.

So let this be my online Will. If anything ever happens, post up all the details. Those that learn from it. You're welcome, glad I could help.

TA
I can respect that Thomass. At least you have reasoning and you disagree with a good point.

It gets tough to debate views here sometimes. Especially when peeps just look to disagree for the sake of arguing, or they throw up a . I never understood the purpose of that. I guess I am too new to forums to understand the mentality behind all that.
Old 03-24-2009, 08:36 AM   #57
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!

Bike(s):
2006 Hayabusa (totaled)2007 Hayabusa, 2004 CRF 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomAss View Post

TA
exactly you just said it with more words and a little more clarification than when i did
sbfuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 08:42 AM   #58
ThomAss
I like to ride

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
07 CBR1000rr
06 CBR1000rr
05 CRF450r
09 Ruckus

Quote:
I can respect that Thomass. At least you have reasoning and you disagree with a good point.

It gets tough to debate views here sometimes. Especially when peeps just look to disagree for the sake of arguing, or they throw up a . I never understood the purpose of that. I guess I am too new to forums to understand the mentality behind all that.
I'm a seasoned boarder. If you want me to take you under my wing I can.

It's the keyboard warrior mentality. 95% wouldn't say anything in person so saying it online in the comfy of their underwear makes them feel like a bad . It's entertaining to them to get a rise out of someone. Throw the bait out there and someone will bite. Then they get hours of enjoyment for free.
Old 03-24-2009, 08:54 AM   #59
gixxerbill

Bike(s):
K5 GSXR 1000
2008 Goldwing 1832 cc
Bourget Low Blow Chopper

Quote:
Please let me be the one to decide whether I want it posted on a message board.

And I said, "PLEASE."
Who cares. We all crash. It'll give you something to read about while you are healing up.
Old 03-24-2009, 09:00 AM   #60
cdill35

Bike(s):
11 Yam Zuma 125
Specialized Stumpy

Maybe I sense that motives are not pure when it is posted. But ya know what, who cares. Y'all are right. Seriously, I dont give a . I have changed my view on this.

Advertisement