MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2006, 10:06 PM   #81
ends big egos

Feedback Rating: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo
Oh man, not good for you. Did this guy have a flat black r6 with a redbull graphic design with dayglo green wheel stripes driving a maroon chevrolet tahoe with 20" hrome wheels and a single bike trailer.

Hey! we might be on the same page. i remember it being a black r6 but it also had a design on it i cant recall im pretty sure its him. help tracking him down? also i want to really thank steve for not jumping to conclusions right away when he called me and heard me out. i have alot of respect for him now. im sure id be flaming if it happened to me. thanks alot man and thanks for letting me use them in the first place. totaly my dumbass mistake to swap them for ones that fit. if we dont find the guy in time ill pay you for you gloves and even then i wont feel thats enough. im sure theres a lack of trust forever now and no amount of money or explinations gonna fix it, but ill still do my best. you let me borrow some expensive stuff and i f*cked up, i hate the feeling and i hope in the future if ever needed for what ever reason we can borrow eachothers stuff without 2nd thoughts.
ends big egos is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MY FIRST TRACKDAY AT TWS (Texas World Speedway) WITH RIDESMART solo 1 Ridesmart Motorcycle School 6 03-05-2012 06:47 PM
LSTD TWS (Texas World Speedway) Trackday Pyrogenic Taking it to the Track 3 10-18-2011 02:50 PM
Trackday pics from TWS (Texas World Speedway) SCRC John General Discussion (Moto Related) 15 09-01-2007 06:17 PM
Advertisement
Old 02-08-2006, 10:10 PM   #82
CarbonJames
LSTD/TTBC Instructor

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
13 250sx
13 350sxf
12 150sx
07 CRF 230
04 CRF 50/70

Member Garage

what has humbled you so much??

your outlook sure has changed today? Whats up with that?
CarbonJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 10:14 PM   #83
J lo
I am who U say I am

David,

I normally do not respond to many posts on this or other forums simply because I do not have the time nor do I feel that many post warrant a response from me. Your posts however do. I will first start of by expressing my disappointment in your comments.

Your first statement was true

(yes it was my first trackday)

I feel that I must apologize to you. Why you ask? Well I guess that I should have taken it upon myself to tell you spacifically that you need to be on time AND that you need proper gear. I spoke with you the night before and told you that you could rent the boots and gloves from Patrick. I do know that you did not rent them. I also know that you received from Macman (one of the owners of LSTD) the gear you needed in order to ride. I also know that in barrowing this gear, you DID NOT RETURN the same gear. You did however take back a different pair of gloves. I do assume that you will be returning to him the gloves that he originally let you use or you would repay him. Understand that those gloves were in your care custody and control and it was YOUR responsibility to return them exactly as you received them. When I say exactly I do not mean that the color and brand would have changed.

NOW…

If you did pass up everyone in the round robin session then you would have do so after being LATE… ummmm that’s right, you did not sign a waiver nor have your Honda F4i checked and approved for the track till later in the morning… would you like to tell everyone what time that was? Remember you had to go barrow boots and gloves after I spoke to you. You only were able to ride a few sessions, correct?

Speaking of late… the second half of the day was delayed by ten minutes due to a single corner worker not being at the grid when the call was made. I am sure that there are individuals who also heard the grid call for “David Akter to Grid”. Not only was that announced once, twice, or even three times, I ad to do it Four to Five times. Your buddy who was with you had no idea where you were either. Your complacent attitude spoke volumes to me.

“wtf is up with a red flag every 10 minutes”…. Are you questioning the fact that there were some crashes or that you would not have thrown a RED flag. Let’s get this straight now. LSTD will always error to the side of the downed rider and to those that may now be in jeopardy due to the crash.

“He goes into the turn to hot and decides to pick the bike upright and run off the track, so i see him do his cartwheels and the bike break into pieces.. i called redflag and when i stood up on the tires to see the condition of the rider, hes not moving and laying face down. so i let them know on radio im gonna help himm and run across to him after red flagging riders to go see if hes dead or what. approaching him he was gurggling and breathing really deep. Igrabbed his hand and asked him to squeeze back which he didnt, and i can hear that hes choking on something.. with no ambulances around i couldnt wait. i put my arms under him and very steadly put him on his side and opened just his visor to find his gums with the teeth still in them on his nose and the other half he was choking on. overall his airway was cleared and medics showed up a few minutes later.”

YOU HAVE PASSED THE LINE WITH THIS….. First of all I will tell you that his name is ANDY and you should have known that when I got to him and started calling him by HIS name. You want to know his condition… He is doing better then what he was doing on the track, other than that you deserve nothing more as to his condition.

You have no right at all discussing his condition and trying to make it look like YOU did this and you did that. . You did NOT sqeeze his hand… you DID NOT open his visor… YOU DID ABSOLUTLEY NOTHING. You were there and that was about it. I am appaled by your comments and your attempt to make yourself look good. When that wreck happened it was you that stated twice that the wreck was on the back straight. You were asked a number of times where you were and you never responded with corner information. I was on my way to the “back straight” when I made turn one and saw Andy laying face down. When I got to Andy he was still face down, so when did you spring into action? I took the radio from you and relayed the rider status and our location to the medic unit. David, you also have no right discussing the details of his medical condition in this forum. I have watched Andy ride for a long time and he has slowly worked his way up to the A group. If you ask anyone at that track about his you will find out that he is a smooth rider and is a class act as a guy.

I am the person on the F4i with the red wind screen. I have nothing to prove to you nor anyone else concerning my riding ability. Track days are track days and race days are race days and I have the ability to decipher from the two. I can and will remain in control of my bike and in control of my behavior and emotions; however I can guarantee that cannot be said about you.

You have proven yourself to be a person of little character. You have no credibility and frankly you are a thief and a liar. You are not welcome to a Lone Star Track Day event as a CORNER WORKER. I will not be the individual responsible for putting you on the track nor in a corner working station.

If you have anything else to say concerning this matter and would like to discuss it with me, you know how to contact me.

Jerrel
J lo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 10:28 PM   #84
Ramius
Rocket Surgeon

Bike(s):
The Purple People Eater

Send a message via AIM to Ramius
F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 (thnx racerx)
Who I am now is not who I was, and who I will be is better than anything I ever could have imagined. I am Filled with the Spirit of Christ and I walk surrounded by a Host Of Angels, who can stand before the Army of ? Amen!

Last edited by Ramius; 02-08-2006 at 10:31 PM.
Ramius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 10:29 PM   #85
Steve O Chap
Big Hero

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
1995 Suzuki RF600 - Sold
1993 Honda Shadow - Sold
2001 CBR F4i - Sold

Thanks for clearing things up Jerrell... see you at Oak Hill.
Old 02-08-2006, 10:29 PM   #86
Scorpio
Twist the Grip, Let'r Rip

Feedback Rating: (6)

450x sumo (sold)
RC51 (sold)
Honda Grom 125(sold)

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to Scorpio
!
Scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 10:30 PM   #87
koskesh
May i go to the Bathroom?

Bike(s):
06 gsxr750

wow
koskesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 10:30 PM   #88
Ramius
Rocket Surgeon

Bike(s):
The Purple People Eater

Who I am now is not who I was, and who I will be is better than anything I ever could have imagined. I am Filled with the Spirit of Christ and I walk surrounded by a Host Of Angels, who can stand before the Army of ? Amen!
Old 02-08-2006, 10:59 PM   #89
ends big egos

alright so that answers the question bout me going back to run with you group A guys. what humbled me? steve calling and asking about his gloves. i dont like losing peoples trust and this did so. yes it was wrong of me to swap his gloves so i could handle my clutch and throttle but ive already apologized to the bestof my abilities to steve for not bringing back same gloves. and if you did not get it yet. I AM SORRY and will replace. find. or pay for them which ever he wants. you called my name over the intercom 4 times or so yes. but did you hear what it sounded like on the speakers? it sounded like day A group or something of the sort. i was sitting talking with some guys who started bout A group going out again, then i noticed you were just mispronouncing my lastname saying ager rather then akter and headed over to you guys. i didnt ride a few sessions. i rode 1 because i was late to the track and had no idea where to go, who to talk to, or how things were supposed to happen other then knowing i needa find a guy named jerrel which is why approaching you i asked if you knew a jerrel and you said it was you. as for my corner working. i was dropped off at the location with flags infront of me and a radio, thats it. i had never corner worked or seen this track or know the turns by number. i never said andy wasnt a good rider and when i called back straight i was assuming the bank was it and was almost oblivious to what turn you put me at when you yelled back "someone get off here". when i called in theres a guy down and was kneeling down beside him for a good 20 seconds or so before you came running up i can gurantee you that i wasnt just kneeling there staring at him for my amusement. you might be the guy thats gonna let me in or not but im not gonna sit here and let you talk down on my character. if i was man of little character. i wouldnt sit here and publicaly apologize to steve and everyone else. if i was a theif i wouldnt be making arrangments on the phone with steve to fully remburse him. and ontop of this you call me a liar, thats to fine as your opinion. unfortunatly not all the people that said they were going to go to this trackday showed and the ones who did i could not recognize besides mark who was on the track with me and can speak for my riding ability if it even matters at this point. carbon you ask about an attitude change. me running my mouth on this and calling the guy on the f4i with the windshield slow was just for kicks and some friendly joking. im man enough to come out here and apologize to steve and also you jerrel for whatever reason you might still be off, but i have explained here everything you DID NOT see that you based your opinions on. if you dont want me on the track again thats fine but maybe something informative in the mail about my track and cornerworking experience couldve helped and made me a more prepared helper, besides "here get off here". i wont PM you but we can take it up on here since youve decided to put me down publicaly.
ends big egos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 11:11 PM   #90
Ramius
Rocket Surgeon

Bike(s):
The Purple People Eater

F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5
Old 02-08-2006, 11:25 PM   #91
hotcknstrips
Bevo's royal guard.

Feedback Rating: (8)

Experience: 7 years
Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
09 Buell 1125CR

"sigh"

Can we all get along? , we all make mistakes, so we all need breaks and second chances. And yeah, people changes, most of the time for the better.

End, I'm not gonna judge you, I'm a nobody, if you makes mistakes, and apologize and do whatever it takes to right the wrong, then you are a good person in my book. I know we run our mouths sometimes, I used to do it alot (not too frequently these days), but we learn from that too.

can we drop this? I can't sit back and just enjoy the show, it really tick me off when people here start fighting and stuff, it's not like a member killed another member.

I know I'm mumbling, and sorry if I sound too dramatic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Weird Lady
Mucus Membrane!
hotcknstrips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 11:33 PM   #92
Ramius
Rocket Surgeon

Bike(s):
The Purple People Eater

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Actually you sounded like eeyore

*ducks*
Old 02-08-2006, 11:40 PM   #93
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
lots of em

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X
MANCUSO rented out TWS (Texas World Speedway) last yr? i've seen HD cruisers out there, MSF inst. for that fact. last year i saw a VIctory out there, and he was haulin .........

just take your bike, any bike out there, and explore you and your bikes limits. the experience and knowledge you gain might save your hide 1 day.
maybe I will throw some drag bars and rear pegs and see what the terbowcharged beast does oughta the corners I'm weird like that

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
ScooterTrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 11:47 PM   #94
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
lots of em

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramius
<~~~~ scooches you over on the couch hope you have enough for me

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
ScooterTrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 12:00 AM   #95
hotcknstrips
Bevo's royal guard.

Feedback Rating: (8)

Experience: 7 years
Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
09 Buell 1125CR

:laughing9
Quote:
Actually you sounded like eeyore
f U :laughing9 lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Weird Lady
Mucus Membrane!
hotcknstrips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 12:09 AM   #96
GsxrStar
drama patrol

Bike(s):
05 gsxr 750

Send a message via AIM to GsxrStar
wow
GsxrStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 12:42 AM   #97
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):

Wow

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 01:15 AM   #98
jeffLSTD
A hit off the track pipe?

Bike(s):
'08 Kawasaki ZX-10R (track bike)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ends big egos
... and had no idea where to go, who to talk to, or how things were supposed to happen other then knowing i needa find a guy named jerrel which is why approaching you i asked if you knew a jerrel and you said it was you. as for my corner working. i was dropped off at the location with flags infront of me and a radio, thats it.
Negative Ghost Rider... all CW'ers receive these guidelines and it is also available 24/7 via our website. Furthermore, before CW'ers are dropped off at their corner they are debriefed with basic information and they are told which corner they are at because that is obviously the most important corner to that cornerworker. Look... everyone makes mistakes... some more than others. Learn from it and move on.

Are the tire warmers on yet?

Last edited by jeffLSTD; 02-09-2006 at 01:18 AM.
jeffLSTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 08:11 AM   #99
MacMan/LSTD

David,

I think that you now understand how seriously we take our business and the responsibilities placed on our corner workers.
There are definate reasons why everyone needs to be on time.
Did you make the riders meeting?
Afternoon corner working meeting?
Sounds like you didn't to me.

As far as the gear I would never accuse anybody of stealing until I was sure of it.
One thing though, I asked you when you were returning them to put them in our closet/leathers area of our trailer and even showed you where that was.
When I unloaded/stored our trailer late Monday night they were not where I had asked you to put them and someone elses gloves were inside my boots.
If it wasn't for this thread I wouldn't have been able to track you down.
I remember going out to turn 2 to check on Andy and heard Jerrell politely discussing with you what turn you were in.
Your attitude in this post put some people on edge and obviously outraged Jerrell.
In my eyes I wouldn't really have expected your recount of your experience on Monday after all we went through to help you get on the track to be as you stated.

Jerrell e mailed you several weeks before and on Sunday morning that you had confirmed to corner work.
You called me on Sunday asking if your were scheduled to corner work.
Jerrell and I called you back Sunday night and politely asked if you check your e mail and that you were on our list.
You show up late for the event, late for your afternoon responsibilities, and I lend you the essential gear you need to ride the track. You make a mistake on the track when corner working, bring me back the wrong gear, then flame my organizations event on this BBS.
Hmn....................
You see our point?
You obviously have talent if you rode as you stated on Monday and I hope you continue to come out to track days and possibly dabble in racing. My advice is think before you speak or in this case type.
I have e mailed the guys at the track and I'll follow up with you after we figure out the glove dilema.

MacMan

Last edited by MacMan/LSTD; 02-09-2006 at 08:18 AM.
MacMan/LSTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 09:34 AM   #100
dhdrider

Bike(s):
08 KTM 300 XC-W

, anyone else feel like this thread was like a classroom w/ a substitute teacher... And then Jerrel, Jeff and MacMan come in and set things straight and it's like, ! The real teacher(s) caught us. (actually not all of us, just David...:laughing6 )

2008 KTM 200 XC

Klim Technical Riding Gear
Maine Root Handcrafted Beverages
Retail Resource Group
Primus Real Estate Services
TORCS #301
TSCEC #1114
dhdrider is offline   Reply With Quote