MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2006, 09:44 AM   #61
SBK Pilot
non playa hatar

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
:: 05 GSXR 750 ::

:: 07 GSXR 1K ::
:: 11 ZUMA 125 ::
stop listing what u sold here - nobody cares...

hey ends... what bike were you riding?... what color too?...
SBK Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MY FIRST TRACKDAY AT TWS (Texas World Speedway) WITH RIDESMART solo 1 Ridesmart Motorcycle School 6 03-05-2012 06:47 PM
LSTD TWS (Texas World Speedway) Trackday Pyrogenic Taking it to the Track 3 10-18-2011 02:50 PM
Trackday pics from TWS (Texas World Speedway) SCRC John General Discussion (Moto Related) 15 09-01-2007 06:17 PM
Advertisement
Old 02-08-2006, 10:50 AM   #62
speedismo
OCD for speed

Feedback Rating: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhdrider
I wouldn't (and no one should) go A group till you can consistently break 2:00. Last time I ran A group at TWS (Texas World Speedway) I was running 1:58 - 2:02 pretty consistently and I was one of the slowest guys in the group. There was another guy in A running close to the same times as me (prob 2:05), but he really should have been in B or maybe C. Each lap he would blow at least 2 entries and 1 or 2 exits. In one session, he ran off into the grass twice in front of me. Just as expected, later that day he ran off the into the grass/dirt faster and binned his bike (2005 R1 ).

So, time isn't everything. Just be careful out there.

If you still think you're johnny racer after your first time out, then maybe you should sign up for your CMRA license...
umm.. I would only half agree with you. I had signed up for B group, Macman gave me the red sticker..I went back myself and got a blue one as I dint think I was ready to go to A group. Rode B in the morning half and one session after lunch. But I was having to pass too many people, so I talked to Scott and Macman and moved up to A for last 2 sessions. I dont know what times I do, and I surely was not quick enough to even come close to A guys with my stock bike and street tires, but far fewer people passed by me in A group than I was having to pass in B group, plus I felt much safer there.

Point being, that when u neither belong to B and nor yet to A, its still a better idea to go to A than to keep in B

Travelomy:Simplify your travel.
speedismo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 10:57 AM   #63
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedismo

Point being, that when u neither belong to B and nor yet to A, its still a better idea to go to A than to keep in B
then your the backmarker for group A, and the speed differential will be much greater. so instead of passing people you are the one holding everybody back.

hard call to make.
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 11:43 AM   #64
speedismo
OCD for speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X
then your the backmarker for group A, and the speed differential will be much greater. so instead of passing people you are the one holding everybody back.

hard call to make.
YES SIR! no problemo accepting that I was one of the slowest in A. and i dont think there s much holding back, those A guyz know how to get past somebody.. and TWS (Texas World Speedway) has enough room to do that.

Also I would rather have the experts pass a novice like me safely in A than have a novice like me pass other novices unsafely in B. Plus, you get to learn seing those experts pull some good stuff in front of u!

Old 02-08-2006, 11:50 AM   #65
CarbonJames
LSTD/TTBC Instructor

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
13 250sx
13 350sxf
12 150sx
07 CRF 230
04 CRF 50/70

Member Garage

I would love to be able to run in A but, I admit that i'm not that fast yet.. Maybe next year! However, if you get out in B at the head of session or after everyone is already out then, you shouldnt be catchin up to too many people and you prolly will only get passed by a select few.
CarbonJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 12:17 PM   #66
speedismo
OCD for speed

Yeah, I like that idea James. cool!

and somebody plz give the link of the LSTD photo guy's website! thanks.

Last edited by speedismo; 02-08-2006 at 12:23 PM.
Old 02-08-2006, 12:56 PM   #67
Dr. Gonzo
BHCA...let's ride!!!

Feedback Rating: (4)

www.fasttrackimages.com, but i don't think the pics are up yet. www.lstd.com enter site click on trackside vendors to your right and scroll all the way down, you'll see the link at the bottom of the page.
Dr. Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 01:00 PM   #68
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Bike(s):

Speed is one thing. Predictability is another. If you have a good pace and are a predictable rider then most guys in A don't mind you being out there. At least that is what most of them have said when I asked them. They all want to practice there passes anyways.

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 02:24 PM   #69
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
lots of em

ima bring the scoot with the apes and drag some pegs

j/k of course

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
ScooterTrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 02:25 PM   #70
CarbonJames
LSTD/TTBC Instructor

Bike(s):
13 250sx
13 350sxf
12 150sx
07 CRF 230
04 CRF 50/70

Member Garage

^ YOU WONT BE THE FIRST
Old 02-08-2006, 02:26 PM   #71
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
lots of em

there are most assuredly HD's made for the track, mines not one of them :-)

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
ScooterTrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 02:35 PM   #72
CarbonJames
LSTD/TTBC Instructor

Bike(s):
13 250sx
13 350sxf
12 150sx
07 CRF 230
04 CRF 50/70

Member Garage

well at least you're honest about it. youcan borrow mine for a few sessions, JUUUUUUSSST to get the feel of things..

and to get the feel in the back of your pants when you hammer the throttle on that thing.
Old 02-08-2006, 02:45 PM   #73
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

MANCUSO rented out TWS (Texas World Speedway) last yr? i've seen HD cruisers out there, MSF inst. for that fact. last year i saw a VIctory out there, and he was haulin .........

just take your bike, any bike out there, and explore you and your bikes limits. the experience and knowledge you gain might save your hide 1 day.
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 06:02 PM   #74
ufo34
Carlos V

Bike(s):
R.I.Pieces

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X

hard call to make.
I agree.
ufo34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 07:11 PM   #75
Steve O Chap
Big Hero

Bike(s):
1995 Suzuki RF600 - Sold
1993 Honda Shadow - Sold
2001 CBR F4i - Sold

After speaking with a few who attended it sounds like the pace was rather slow compared to most trackdays... it doesn't matter either way, the fact is that you're here doing those speeds and not on the street.

Ends... If I remember correctly you're rocking an F4i just like me right? If so, and you honestly did a 2:06 that's very impressive for your first time out. But, I really would be very surprised if that was an actual time. I'm not calling you out, but it's easy to make mistakes with just a stopwatch. BTW... how did you operate the stopwatch while you were on the bike?

Anyays, we'll meet at future trackdays. I only do LSTD events (I was tempted to try a Ride Smart but decided against it) so you'll have to come to one of those to meet me. :icon_bigg
Old 02-08-2006, 08:28 PM   #76
OutlawDCustoMs
Mr Professional

Experience: 3 years

02' Yamaha YZF-R6 (sold)
04' Yamaha YZF-R6 (sold)
05' Yamaha YZF-R6 (sold)
05' CMRA #328 (sold)

Send a message via AIM to OutlawDCustoMs
*cough* when is the ridesmart weekend, cause i might be seeing you there if i don't have a tourny to play
Old 02-08-2006, 09:17 PM   #77
ends big egos

Unhappy

Sounds good! lets do it ill go back to TWS (Texas World Speedway) if the owner wont kill me first.. i lost the mans gloves! swapped wit ha young hispanic r6 rider with short hair who was next to me on the grid cuz his fit and were supposed to get them back right after but ended up going in agian and then right into cornerworking when i was done it was 5pm and i had forgotten bout swapping the gloves. the kid looked pretty nice and am pretty sure he'd be happy to return them if someone could help me find him id be very thankful! did anyone outta group C that rode at 10am along wit hthe woman rider in the green suit and on a silver bike know who im talking about?? also. the stopwatch was on my wristwatch and start/stop with click of button. accurate enough i guess? last if theres any CMRA riders or guys putting down times better then 2 minutes would it be cool if i can hit u pthe next trackday with you and follow you around a bit? i learn real quick and i guess havign someone better infront of me to copy would be a quick way to get my skill up. thanks alot guys and feel free to kick me in the face next time you see me steve (owner of lstd) well this definitely ended my big ego
ends big egos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 09:19 PM   #78
Pabst214

Quote:
Originally Posted by ends big egos
no i was in a yellow textile suit. with kwiss tennis shows on and wool gloves LOL. naa jerrel told me to go back and find proper gear so some dude was nice enough to let me borrow his stuff.

let me clarify one thing here man. that GUY that let you borrow his gloves and boots was MACMAN one of the owners of lonestar trackdays. i usually find it proper also that when i borrow something from someone that i return what i borrowed. the guy you were with was one of my customers for track leather. i'll see what i can do on getting a hold of him. you MIGHT want to email steve and let him know what happened. not a cool feeling thinking that someone stole your . take care

Brandon

Last edited by Pabst214; 02-08-2006 at 09:24 PM.
Pabst214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 09:33 PM   #79
Dr. Gonzo
BHCA...let's ride!!!

Oh man, not good for you. Did this guy have a flat black r6 with a redbull graphic design with dayglo green wheel stripes driving a maroon chevrolet tahoe with 20" hrome wheels and a single bike trailer.
Dr. Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 09:40 PM   #80
Ramius
Rocket Surgeon

Bike(s):
The Purple People Eater

Send a message via AIM to Ramius
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Wow Strong Description
Who I am now is not who I was, and who I will be is better than anything I ever could have imagined. I am Filled with the Spirit of Christ and I walk surrounded by a Host Of Angels, who can stand before the Army of ? Amen!
Ramius is offline   Reply With Quote