MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-07-2006, 09:29 AM   #21
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
lots of em

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X
big endo, you do know the first time out are pace laps? and it's called follow the leader.........
I personally don't know beans about that track, I just had to post saying :
funny = noob who thought it was race time and he was up with the instructor. I win I win I win, yeah

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
ScooterTrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MY FIRST TRACKDAY AT TWS (Texas World Speedway) WITH RIDESMART solo 1 Ridesmart Motorcycle School 6 03-05-2012 06:47 PM
LSTD TWS (Texas World Speedway) Trackday Pyrogenic Taking it to the Track 3 10-18-2011 02:50 PM
Trackday pics from TWS (Texas World Speedway) SCRC John General Discussion (Moto Related) 15 09-01-2007 06:17 PM
Advertisement
Old 02-07-2006, 09:34 AM   #22
CarbonJames
LSTD/TTBC Instructor

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
13 250sx
13 350sxf
12 150sx
07 CRF 230
04 CRF 50/70

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScooterTrash
I personally don't know beans about that track, I just had to post saying :
funny = noob who thought it was race time and he was up with the instructor. I win I win I win, yeah
yeah, if you're running a 2:06 on wrist watch. I dont think you're really going that fast. thats not an accurate time at all.. maybe close but, not accurate. And if the instructor wanted to, he could have left your in the dust at any given time.. No way you're faster than alot of those guys out there. That over your head riding will get you caught up in the moment and caught up in the weeds.. Just be carefull out there.
CarbonJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 10:15 AM   #23
GsxrStar
drama patrol

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
05 gsxr 750

Send a message via AIM to GsxrStar
where was everyone at.. i couldnt' find no mh peeps.
GsxrStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 10:20 AM   #24
CarbonJames
LSTD/TTBC Instructor

Bike(s):
13 250sx
13 350sxf
12 150sx
07 CRF 230
04 CRF 50/70

Member Garage

i was here at work all day..
Old 02-07-2006, 10:21 AM   #25
speedismo
OCD for speed

hey "ends big egos" dude, were u the one in red leathers sitting close to the door during license school class?

Travelomy:Simplify your travel.
speedismo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 10:28 AM   #26
GsxrStar
drama patrol

Bike(s):
05 gsxr 750

hahah he was wearing a yellow mesh suit
Old 02-07-2006, 10:29 AM   #27
GsxrStar
drama patrol

Bike(s):
05 gsxr 750

as soon as that old guy that was taking pictures put it up on his site we will show who was who
Old 02-07-2006, 11:21 AM   #28
ends big egos

no i was in a yellow textile suit. with kwiss tennis shows on and wool gloves LOL. naa jerrel told me to go back and find proper gear so some dude was nice enough to let me borrow his stuff. someone who mentioned TWS (Texas World Speedway) kinda like a backroads is right it came pretty natural t/8 and t/9 all were cake. lotta people were braking hard and taking their time through the tire wall area and those turns. I dont know if its just me but that was the easier part of the track. i think the only part that gave me trouble was coming off the main straight goign into turn 1 and 2 where those 2 guys wrecked. i cant find the perfect line and the few times i did set up for it, there were newbs all over the place coming in and outta my line. natural instinct for that part of the track tells you to pick it up and just brake real hard cause your entering with alot of speed but i found if you trail brake entering the turn while leaning youll be alright until about the middle where the turn curves in even more so right there if you pick your knee up for a second and downshift then finish the turn you'd have done with pretty good speed. Ofcoarse that takes alot of attention to detail and your chances of messing it up and wrecking are pretty high =/ as for the guy who said wrecking puts you in check. i believe you, i doubt ill take turn 1 and 2 like that again after seeing that group A riders condition. by the way.. are they trying to kill people on that part of the track?? who designed it to go off into a ditch like that? genius's
ends big egos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 11:35 AM   #29
speedismo
OCD for speed

ah ok, there were 2-3 dudes in those yellow kinda suits i think

Travelomy:Simplify your travel.
speedismo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 12:19 PM   #30
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):

What size bike are you riding? That will determine what to do in T1/T2. You are always trying to top out 6th at near the end on the bank before you turn in. After that for a 600 it is 2 down after the bump, a little trail braking and hold on. I run the inside lin trough T1. Drift a little past the yellow a few feet before it ends and lean hard your the apex in T2. You can grab another gear down if you need to do some work in T2 but usually for a track day 4th gear is fine. At this pace you drift out of T2 getting the bike up right and be ready to grab 2 down holding the tank tight so you don't kill your nuts (guys) and brake into the apex of T3. Woohoo!

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 01:06 PM   #31
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
lots of em

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark
hahah he was wearing a pink mesh suit and fishnet stockings
fixed it

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
ScooterTrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 02:12 PM   #32
Sc0
A Lemming

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
'01 F4i
'03 KFX400 MX
'09 FLHT
'01 Giant NRS1

Send a message via Yahoo to Sc0
Quote:
while corner working i happend to be put a in a situation i havnt been in before
So you were the one, sorry you had to learn but... I wish their was a cornerworker briefing beforehand because that situation was a Cluster. Grid said it was on the backside according to the transmission so one ambulance went around the back straight while the other took the east oval because the transmission was never clarified because... This could have been clarified by the cornerworkers on the backstraight as well. This mishap is what I hope NEVER happens when/if I go down or to anyone else. The Radio's did have issues which didn't help anything either.

Tryin to pass the instructor on the Round Robin, hillarious and 2:05 to boot!

BTW: If you saw a red flag and I wasn't holding it, towards the mid or end of the Carousell, it was the Photographers red vest! (yes, someone went in claiming that they were red flagged...)

As for the Carousell Leo, I must have had my back turned as I was just making sure nobody went down. (one went down while another had an offroad excursion) LOTS of kneedragging going on, not to mention the little DRZ400SM passing just about EVERYONE in the twisties and short straights, I wonder what kind of times she was turning (second half, C group)?
Sc0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 02:22 PM   #33
Lobo

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2002 R6
2007 R1
2007 R6
Custom

Send a message via AIM to Lobo Send a message via Yahoo to Lobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sc0
LOTS of kneedragging going on, not to mention the little DRZ400SM passing just about EVERYONE in the twisties and short straights, I wonder what kind of times she was turning (second half, C group)?

LOL Classic a Motard passing everyone........ haha and a Chic to boot........ now thats a blow to the 19 year old ego hehe

http://www.myspace.com/hyperspeedr6
48c8a880
Lobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 02:44 PM   #34
CarbonJames
LSTD/TTBC Instructor

Bike(s):
13 250sx
13 350sxf
12 150sx
07 CRF 230
04 CRF 50/70

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobo
LOL Classic a Motard passing everyone........ haha and a Chic to boot........ now thats a blow to the 19 year old ego hehe

Old 02-07-2006, 02:51 PM   #35
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

nu uh, according to big endo, he belongs in the race group after his first track day.....that gurl never passed him.........he passed everybody!
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 02:58 PM   #36
Lobo

Bike(s):
2002 R6
2007 R1
2007 R6
Custom

Send a message via AIM to Lobo Send a message via Yahoo to Lobo
Quote:
nu uh, according to big endo, he belongs in the race group after his first track day.....that gurl never passed him.........he passed everybody!

I'm gonna be a bigger man here and say my first times at the track I was passed by an old man on a Ninja 250.... Forget his name but ......... the youngsters attitudes these days...10ft tall and bulletproof.... like they are the first ones to do this.......lol Nothing like being set in your place by a woman on the track or an old man on a 250......lol change your "I'm all that attitude quickly"

http://www.myspace.com/hyperspeedr6
48c8a880
Lobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 03:12 PM   #37
Patrick
Motorcycles Unlimited

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
'14 Speed Triple R, '82 CB900F, '13 Streetglide

Not too bad a day. Most of the wrecks occured in B group, mostly people trying to go too fast on cold tires on a cold track.
Low 2's for your first time out is good. Your next time out try to hook up with one of the instructors to help you with things like lines, braking markers and body position and your times will improve significantly.

Patrick

NEED GEAR? We have a great selection in stock but if we need to order it we GUARANTEE FIT!
Where Houston riders go to have their bikes worked on, done right the first time!

muad

1964 FM 1960 West
Houston, TX 77090
Hours: Tues.-Fri. 9:30-6:00 Sat. 9-5:30
www.motorcycles-unlimited.com
http://www.facebook.com/motorcyclesunlimited
e-mail: patrick@motorcycles-unlimited.com
Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 03:21 PM   #38
ufo34
Carlos V

Bike(s):
R.I.Pieces

Quote:

ufo34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 04:16 PM   #39
OutlawDCustoMs
Mr Professional

Experience: 3 years

02' Yamaha YZF-R6 (sold)
04' Yamaha YZF-R6 (sold)
05' Yamaha YZF-R6 (sold)
05' CMRA #328 (sold)

Send a message via AIM to OutlawDCustoMs
Quote:
Originally Posted by ufo34
+1 HAHAHAH, i love first timers that buzz ppl on the round robin HAHA
Old 02-07-2006, 07:47 PM   #40
Steve O Chap
Big Hero

Bike(s):
1995 Suzuki RF600 - Sold
1993 Honda Shadow - Sold
2001 CBR F4i - Sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ends big egos
name says it. first off id like to say wtf to the people who were bout me going straight into B after seeing people run all day i shoulda probably been in A.
I take it your referring to me... :icon_bigg

You really need to shut your mouth now. We were LOOKING OUT FOR YOU. I'm so sick of this t coming from people, thinking they are badasses. It's not usual that someone can jump into B group and do ok. It sounds like you did, and that's good for you. But for the vast majority they will be in way over their head... and that's why we propositioned it to you that way.

So take your day as a learning day, if you really think you should be in A group go for it. You will be humbled and you will be spooked by the passing. I run consistent 2:07s and have hit 2:05s before on my F4i so we are right up the same alley and would probably have a good time dicing it up out there. But, that's not fast enough for A... I've been there and I feel like I hold people up. But you're 19 and should be mature enough to make your own decisions.

If you did actually hit 2:06s that good, that means you have some talent. Don't spoil it by talking it up and talking down your age. You're 19, how cares? There are some in CMRA younger than you running 15 seconds faster than you on bikes with less HP.

So, all in all. Glad you made it out ok. You were an exception. But don't let that go to your head. You still need to take it easy out there and learn the ropes before you really become a skilled rider.

Remember, the best riders aren't always the fastest riders.