MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-23-2009, 06:47 AM   #21
ileono918
On hiatus

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

My prayers to you and your wife.
ileono918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
WTF ...... Just watched MudBug Off Topic 15 07-06-2009 10:09 PM
watched a rider go down today TREE General Discussion (Moto Related) 14 03-10-2009 08:31 AM
DID A RIDER DIE ON THE NEW NASA EXTENSION? DVLDGSXR6 General Discussion (Moto Related) 9 08-15-2008 05:57 PM
the die hard rider AWD General Discussion (Moto Related) 15 03-31-2007 07:11 PM
Advertisement
Old 03-23-2009, 06:56 AM   #22
Guitar Man
Keep moving!!!!>>>>>>>>>>

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2013 Suzuki V Strom DL650 22,000 miles
09 Yamaha FZ6 59,651 miles (RIP)
07 Yamaha FZ6 39,668 miles (RIP)
73 Triumph Tiger 750
Cannondale Quick CX4 (Pedal Powaa!!)

I'm glad she's going to pull through. I couldn't imagine seeing my wife in that condition. Makes me tear up thinking about it.

Don't hesitate to PM me if I can help with something

Ken
Old 03-23-2009, 07:12 AM   #23
Texas94fs
SBN Bus Driver

Feedback Rating: (1)

Trackdays: 5

Bike(s):
2006 Triumph Thruxton

Member Garage

Send a PM if you need anything, sorry to hear of the accident. You've most definitely opened at least my eyes on what to do in the situation and to be prepared. We might want to ask for a sticky on a preparedness thread for just such occurences. You've got my best wishes and hope.

April 2009 BOTM
Texas94fs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 07:14 AM   #24
BossLady
CMRA #898

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'09 ZX6R

Member Garage

Wow. I'm so sorry she (and you) had to go through that.
Prayers sent
Old 03-23-2009, 07:26 AM   #25
bluewave18
Safety Third

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

Thats why Im glad my wife has 0 interest in riding. This was a hard read. I hope for a speedy recovery.
bluewave18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 07:52 AM   #26
GrayJ
Do a barrel roll!

Bike(s):
2004 SV650
1998 Shadow 1100
2005 CRF450R tard
2007 CRF50
Yamaha PW 50

I will be the first to admit I would be totally unprepared if I saw someone go down like this! Especially a close family member...Please share any knowledge you feel comfortable putting out there.

Good thoughts going out to you and your wife...Gives me chills just thinking of something like this..
GrayJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 08:01 AM   #27
rmsimon00

Send a message via AIM to rmsimon00
I am so sorry you have had to go through that but thank you for opening my eyes to what could happen even in the lightest of traffic... I hope she has a speedy recovery and you will be in my prayers...

-Woody Allen
rmsimon00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 08:09 AM   #28
624chic

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
barbie 4 wheeler

both my husband and i ride. we've always talked about in case something like this happen, but i don't think i can never be prepare enough for it. so sorry for you and your wife's pain. break my heart just to even to begin what you are going through right now. pls let us know if there's anything we can help.
624chic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 08:17 AM   #29
FLYIN'DUC

Feedback Rating: (7)

Bike(s):
07 Ducati, 99 Busa

Oh man, that sux big time, so sorry to hear. That is my worst nightmare, If something happens to me thats one thing but something like that to my wife or children, totally different, I agree with Secret Agent, and if I can do anything for U guys just pm me, and prayers sent, for the whole family, I am thankfull that she is still here it could have been worse, I would probably be in jail right now from killing that fugger
FLYIN'DUC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 09:00 AM   #30
urbanXJ
erect engorged member

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
2008 Versys

prayers for a complete and speedy recovery sent.
urbanXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 09:23 AM   #31
specterunseen
El Brilliante

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
Kawasaki EX250 (dead due to mechanical failure)
Kawasaki EX500 (on loan from a friend)
Pending, bikeless once the 500 gone :-(
Want Husky 510SMR or KTM 690 SMC to continue the hooligan activity

very sobering, my heart goes out to your situation. If that ever happened to my wife my heart would be wrenched as well. thanks for the reminder to keep riding safe and watch out, even in low traffic.
specterunseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 09:27 AM   #32
pelochas

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
2004 Kawasaki ZX-6R

speedy recovery
pelochas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 09:36 AM   #33
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
2006 Hayabusa (totaled)2007 Hayabusa, 2004 CRF 50

hope she pulls through ok, you've got my prayers
sbfuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 09:38 AM   #34
Grinchy

Feedback Rating: (15)

Bike(s):
'prila

Quote:
Originally Posted by mammothmc View Post
I thought that was what I was doing today.
I'm actually writing this from ICU waiting. Sorry if I ramble, I just need to let some out in hopes some of you might do better when it counts.

So I'm standing there & the sounds were kind of far off & time wasn't quite right. It wasn't just a riding buddy, but my wife & I couldn't wrap my head around & make sense of the moment. WHAT THE DO I DO??? I've been riding for a decade. I've cornerworked a hundred races & track days. I've wrecked my share of bikes. I work on bikes for a living.........but I still couldn't answer that question. Some waste of life ****ing looser that's been living out of his 75 pinto station wagon had just pulled a left right between us & she buried her bike into his passenger door.

When I got to her side she was unconscious & she had blood coming out of her mouth & nose. She was lying on her stomach in a unnatural looking pose. My first reaction was "dont move her". So I tried to reach down & hold her hand only to find her arm shattered. I'm starting to lose my calm when she starts to choke on all the blood. I go frantically looking for a knife to get her helmet off. I saw through the strap only to realize later that I cut it in the wrong place. Over other people's objections, I'm determined I'm going to take her helmet off. I tell myself I'd rather have her paralyzed than watch her suffocate in front of me. I know the proper technique to remove a helmet and avoid neck injury probably better than the paramedics.........but that doesn't matter when you're in shock. I worked at it frantically while coaching those that were helping only to find that I never got the strap off and her breathing was getting fainter. She had bled so much by now that it was running into the next lane & starting to coagulate. She started moaning in pain & I just collapsed defeated & resigned to my failure that caused her death.

The accident was at 10am. She got out of surgery at midnight.
Her Injuries:
Left arm broken at the wrist, right arm compound fracture, broken fingers
3 broken vertebrae in her back
Punctured bladder
broken pelvis
broken nose
top lip reattached

No head injuries (thanks scorpion)
No internal bleeding (thanks to the man upstairs)

*******oh yeah***** & a neck that was broken in 3 places

I didn't kill her or paralyze her, but I could have. I wasn't ready for what I saw today. I could have done better and I should have done better. What will you do when its your turn?

wow, a sobering read,
our thoughts and prayers are with you and your wife at this difficult time,
all the best
Grinchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 09:41 AM   #35
FLYIN'DUC

Feedback Rating: (7)

Bike(s):
07 Ducati, 99 Busa

Keep your heads up, like they say this too will pass, I know its gonna be hard, but what doesent kill U makes U stronger, never take life for granted, I am soo sorry this has happened
FLYIN'DUC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 09:45 AM   #36
BrutusTx

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falkryte View Post
Do you need anything? Do you have children or pets that need help being taken care of? When is the last time you ate? I can cook you up some food and bring to yall. Is there anything that you need help with?
+1 just holler if you need anything. Prayers sent.
Old 03-23-2009, 09:48 AM   #37
Mrs. ~T~
formerly known as C 1/2

Feedback Rating: (8)

Bike(s):
2006 GSXR 600

Send a message via AIM to Mrs. ~T~
jeeezus! that gave me chills, and i am speechless. our prayers go out to you and your wife. wow.
Mrs. ~T~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 09:55 AM   #38
tyme2move

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
'99 Katana 600
'87 yamaha virago 535

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falkryte View Post
Do you need anything? Do you have children or pets that need help being taken care of? When is the last time you ate? I can cook you up some food and bring to yall. Is there anything that you need help with?

+1 Let us know what we can do. Plz don't hesitate to ask for anything. Prayers for you & your wife.
tyme2move is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 10:05 AM   #39
mikes-si

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
2006 kawasaki zx-6r

Oh man, that's terrible. I wouldn't be able to handle my best friend going down like that, much less my girlfriend. Thank she doesn't ride and thank your wife was wearing gear. The man upstairs was definitely watching over you guys! Prayers will be sent..
mikes-si is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 10:16 AM   #40
mammothmc

Update:
She made it through the night, but definately not out of the woods. Her pelvis fracture was what they call an "open book" fracture. It broke in the front & opened up like a book.... It was more damage than they could fix in one surgery.

For those that asked about helmet removal.

Never Remove a helmet from someone unconscious unless you have no other choice. You can check an airway by reaching under the helmet and clearing their mouth out with your index finger. If breathing is ok leave the helmet alone.

If you need to remove a helmet, do not pull on the sides like you would normally do to your own. Instead, reach in under the visor with a flat palm and start working your fingers up their forehead creating a gap until you can get your palm on top of their head. slowly arch your fingers pushing the helmet up and away while keeping the head in position. This is done ONLY IN EXTREME EMERGENCIES and don't even attempt it without people to help stabilize the neck. Practice it a few times with a friend
mammothmc is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement