MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-24-2009, 04:31 PM   #41
SGT USMC 0311

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
"Budweiser" F4 Track
DUCATI HYPERMOTARD 1100S
HOODAKA ROAD TOAD (...DEAD JIM)
Kestrel Road
Titus Racer X

Member Garage

Talking

It's hard to wave to anyone on my Harley with a cigarette in one hand and beer in another.

just kidding
SGT USMC 0311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Not a snob....just a Noob! LadyLaws General Discussion (Moto Related) 20 06-01-2009 09:56 PM
Riaz is a Bike Snob Mala Lingua Health and Fitness 27 05-31-2009 08:45 PM
Advertisement
Old 03-24-2009, 04:42 PM   #42
Spiral
clone trooper all the way

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
600rr

its just a wave!!!
Old 03-24-2009, 04:43 PM   #43
KEITH HUBBARD
JOKERMAN

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
1300 V STAR YAMAHA
KZ 650 KAWASAKI
HONDA CB 550
TS125 SUZUKI
HARLEY DAVIDSON 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by chapaholic View Post
i went out and bought a bunch of brand new equipment, looking like a real noobie now. I think to myself tho, if i hit the ground doing 90 mph its better to have my jacket gloves and helmet on then nothing at all.
Don't sweat it man, you safe if you go down.
Old 03-24-2009, 07:51 PM   #44
Spectre5922
Grumpy old fart

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
'92 GSXR 750

I'll wave at most riders that I pass unless they're 50 ft away or something. Not a Hello Kitty or pageant wave or anything, just a quick hand drop. Sport bike riders will wave back 99.9% of the time, cruiser riders will most of the time and Hardly riders wave just like their name....HARDLY. I wave at them just to fukk with them. Most of them are arrogant azzes because they spent 20K on a rough riding bike that has hardly changed technology in 20 years. Either way........ I'm not hatin. I love riding. If no one ever waved back, I wouldn't care a bit.
Old 03-24-2009, 09:03 PM   #45
chapaholic

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
08 GSXR six hund

i chunk the duece to near everyone i pass
chapaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 09:43 PM   #46
specterunseen
El Brilliante

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 1 year
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
Kawasaki EX250 (dead due to mechanical failure)
Kawasaki EX500 (on loan from a friend)
Pending, bikeless once the 500 gone :-(
Want Husky 510SMR or KTM 690 SMC to continue the hooligan activity

for the record this was more about waving across medians than anything....
i'll still wave to sportbikers and cruisers on the road, though I've been ignored so much by cruisers that normally i only wave if waved to

but I do have a distaste for squiddish behavior and apparel since it does hurt our overall image, insurance rates, and cause people to steretype motorcycle injuries as 100% death rides, rather than realizing some preventive action can greatly increase you chance to walk away without significant injuries...

so i guess i'm a snob... but i still don't wave across medians 5 lanes apart... otherwise we're good... but I do have to say if I'm a snob what are the cruiser group? I love riding and they love riding, but what's the deal with ignoring every goodwill gesture... as a daily rider I can live with not waving at every rider... i'd get tired of it... but if you make the gesture i'll return it, what's with the ignoring!?
specterunseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 10:40 PM   #47
cj_sandman
custom user title!!

Bike(s):
'03 CBR 600 F4i
'99 FXST

I think someone has said it before but - they're afraid to let go of their handle bars.
Old 03-25-2009, 08:40 AM   #48
GrayJ
Do a barrel roll!

Bike(s):
2004 SV650
1998 Shadow 1100
2005 CRF450R tard
2007 CRF50
Yamaha PW 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by specterunseen View Post
for the record this was more about waving across medians than anything....
i'll still wave to sportbikers and cruisers on the road, though I've been ignored so much by cruisers that normally i only wave if waved to

but I do have a distaste for squiddish behavior and apparel since it does hurt our overall image, insurance rates, and cause people to steretype motorcycle injuries as 100% death rides, rather than realizing some preventive action can greatly increase you chance to walk away without significant injuries...

so i guess i'm a snob... but i still don't wave across medians 5 lanes apart... otherwise we're good... but I do have to say if I'm a snob what are the cruiser group? I love riding and they love riding, but what's the deal with ignoring every goodwill gesture... as a daily rider I can live with not waving at every rider... i'd get tired of it... but if you make the gesture i'll return it, what's with the ignoring!?
Went up to Bastrop to Buescher park the other day, and the cruiser guys wouldn't stop waving! Guess it was just such a nice day or something but they all seemed to be in a really good mood. Even when we stopped they would come over and talk to us, must be something in the water up there. Maybe came across 4-5 riders all day that didn't wave and 2 of those were squids on sportbikes that I waved at and didn't get the return.

This same wave applies in the Jeep about waving at other Jeepers. Well Wranglers at least, or a pretty modded Cherokee. But there is an unofficial hierarchy, if you will, of the wave. The least upgraded, or at least appearance wise initiates the wave. But not that I care if I'm getting it back I throw up the wave no matter what kind it is
GrayJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement