MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2006, 08:11 PM   #41
jeffLSTD
A hit off the track pipe?

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'08 Kawasaki ZX-10R (track bike)

ends big egos... I hope that you've gathered by now that Monday's event was definitely NOT the norm. Furthermore, if an Instructor tapped his tailsection and asked you to follow him it was for good reason (ie, changing Groups for both your safety and other riders). He wasn't trying to race you.

Andy on the Rizla Suzuki (who had the hi-speed crash) had a bridge for his upper teeth and it came out. So what you were seeing and people were hearing about were false teeth and his gums got aggrivated from the impact when his bridge was knocked out. All things considered, he is in good spirits and has already checked out of the hospital.

On a final note... remember those gloves and boots you borrowed from Steve? You returned the boots, but not the correct gloves. Steve's were full-on roadracing gloves from Held Racing... not the basic street and/or motorcross style glove that was given back to him. Here is his e-mail address: steve@lstd.com
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TWS (Texas World Speedway) Feb 6th recap Dr. Gonzo General Discussion (Moto Related) 9 02-08-2006 02:29 PM
LSTD: Monday, Feb. 6th @ TWS (Texas World Speedway) - Secure Online Registration opening Wednesday @ Noon! jeffLSTD Taking it to the Track 22 02-04-2006 11:24 PM
LSTD TWS (Texas World Speedway) Feb 06 Lift required GZX6R Taking it to the Track 0 01-24-2006 02:48 PM
LSTD TWS (Texas World Speedway) Feb 06 Lift required GZX6R Taking it to the Track 0 01-24-2006 02:48 PM
Advertisement
Old 02-08-2006, 08:49 PM   #42
ends big egos

ahhhh ! -shoots himself in head- OK GUYS FOR THOSE WH RODE IN GROUP C NEAR 10AM I THERE WAS A GUY A IBELIVE HIS FIRST NAME MICHAEL ON A BLACK R6 WHO SWAPPED GLOVES WITH ME AT THE LAST SECOND THAT FIT. WE WERE SUPPOSED TO SWAP BACK WHEN SESSION WAS OVER BUT I ENDED UP FORGETTING LIKE AN IDIOT BEING TOO FOCUSED ON AL LTHE FUN I WAS HAVING. GUY ON THE R6 IF YOUR READING THIS PLEASE PM ME OR IF ANYONE HERE KNOWS THE GUY HE LOOKED YOUNG MAYBE 19 AND HISPANIC ON A BLACK R6 PLEASE RELAY THE MESSAGE!!! i lost the owners gloves. could it get any worse then that. f*ck.. all my fault go ahead an blaze away but please try and help first. THANKS
ends big egos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 01:13 AM   #43
AggieGixxer

Bike(s):
2002 GSX-R600

Quote:
Originally Posted by fz1moto

anyhoo... one guy ran wide between t6 and t7... the cornerwork (in his excitement) called out that there was a 'wreck on the straight'... not immediately realizing that there are two large straights @ TWS (Texas World Speedway)... immediately jerrel (track control) had the cornerworker calm down and verify his position and the ambulance was dispatched to his location... end of story... sometimes cornerworkers get in such a hurry to communicate that they've got a crash situation - they leave out the most important communication...
Uhh, I was cornerworking T6 and that's not where the crash happened. The guy that couldn't call out his corner was in T2 after the front straight. They kept asking him which corner, and I actually had to tell them T2. I remember it, the cornerworker was freaking out and wanting to take the guy's helmet off.

The 2 crashes at T6 were not too serious, but did involve a red flag. One guy broke his wrist and the other didn't move for a good minute or so, but was able to get on his bike and ride into the pits.
AggieGixxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 12:07 PM   #44
ufo34
Carlos V

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
R.I.Pieces

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotChickenStrips
I saw you crashing Carlos, I was the flagger at T4. I hope you're OK,bike can be repaired.

Leo did you found a knee puck on T4 after my crashed? If you did I would like to have it back:icon_bigg
ufo34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 12:45 PM   #45
SBK Pilot
non playa hatar

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
:: 05 GSXR 750 ::

:: 07 GSXR 1K ::
:: 11 ZUMA 125 ::
stop listing what u sold here - nobody cares...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AggieGixxer
Uhh, I was cornerworking T6 and that's not where the crash happened.

i picked up on that after jerrel posted up what really went down in the other thread....

Quote:
Originally Posted by AggieGixxer
The guy that couldn't call out his corner was in T2 after the front straight. They kept asking him which corner, and I actually had to tell them T2. I remember it, the cornerworker was freaking out and wanting to take the guy's helmet off.
read that in jerrel's post too... turns out that was ends big ego...
SBK Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 11:16 PM   #46
hotcknstrips
Bevo's royal guard.

Feedback Rating: (8)

Experience: 7 years
Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
09 Buell 1125CR

Carlos, after your crash i checked the track for debris and I didn't see it, maybe it was deeper into the grass. Man, I really toght you got hurt bad, your crash was kinda gnarly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Weird Lady
Mucus Membrane!
hotcknstrips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 10:06 AM   #47
ufo34
Carlos V

Bike(s):
R.I.Pieces

Quote:
Carlos, after your crash i checked the track for debris and I didn't see it, maybe it was deeper into the grass. Man, I really toght you got hurt bad, your crash was kinda gnarly.

I'm glad it was notting mayor, it happened so fast at a low speed.
I made the mistake of trying to get up b4 coming to a stop, so I kept on rolling, it was kind of scary seeing all this bikes going around you. You did a good job on throwing the flag quick

I'll be at the ranch the 24th, if the weather is not so cool:icon_bigg
Old 02-11-2006, 10:13 AM   #48
ufo34
Carlos V

Bike(s):
R.I.Pieces

Quote:
your crash was kinda gnarly.
I wish i have some pictures, for a second i felt like a moto GP rider sliding the year on exits