MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-23-2009, 01:27 AM   #21
tiatool
Pro Racer Mode Enabled

Feedback Rating: (14)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
08 Raven
05 Vstar 1100

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAVER1CK View Post
Thanks all for the quick info. To answer some of the questions, the guy was drunk and off at the company for not selling him more alcohol. I guess out of rage he threw a garbage can and took some of that anger out on my bike (I don't think he knew it belonged to one of the employees). Without giving too much info; the company's manager on duty confronted him today after looking at the security tapes of him throwing the garbage can and then heading over to the area where my bike was parked, so he admitted to his actions.

As for the bike, I rode it home last night, since it was around midnight, and it was hard to get a good look of all the items at that moment. I just gave it a glance over without taking off anything and the damages are so far:

*Broken right fairing, at one end of the fearing where it screws with the bracket/frame.
* Scratched rear passenger brace handle
* The right handle bar end slider
* Scuffed right mirror (the bike fell against a wall and sort of slid down)
* Scuffed muffler
* And (I think) bent brace that holds the cowling where the mirror attaches, since there is now a gap between the front cowling and the windshield where the mirror is at.
*And I just noticed my full exhaust system and PCIII were damaged as well. Also my corbin seat and ohlins suspension (forks and spring)

So far that is all I can see. Thanks Japawhat02 for the tip on checking for hair line cracks.

Second question, since it was not a vehicle collision, can the guy still use his insurance to cover the damages? And if so, would that mean that my insurance premium would go up? Or does it matter only when my own insurance pay for the damages?
Fixored!

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My Bike got pushed over at the mall brabbit General Discussion (Moto Related) 36 06-17-2009 07:58 AM
ANGER MANAGEMENT CubanGIXXER Off Topic 15 09-06-2008 06:13 PM
bike got pushed over socplay50 General Discussion (Moto Related) 19 04-21-2008 08:39 PM
Anger management Gryphin Off Topic 6 02-21-2007 05:36 PM
Someone pushed over my Bike Nupe2L General Discussion (Moto Related) 43 12-04-2005 11:49 PM
Advertisement
Old 03-23-2009, 03:09 AM   #22
Gsxr_rollin
iRide

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 4-8 months

Bike(s):
01 Gsxr 1000

Send a message via AIM to Gsxr_rollin
m-u fasho!
Gsxr_rollin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 08:51 AM   #23
urbanXJ
erect engorged member

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2008 Versys

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiatool View Post
Fixored!

urbanXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 09:39 AM   #24
MAVER1CK

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 1 year
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
SV650SF

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiatool View Post
Fixored!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meaner-n-u View Post
Wow... I would say someone is lucky to have pushed over your bike and not some of the gun toting nicer members of our boards!
Oh, if I would have seen him, I am sure I would have probably done something, but they say in the vid it shows him running away as soon as he dropped it, and I guess he went to his room to sleep it off. I also got a chance to cool off, after all he was drunk, and I do remember him talking about how he went overseas for this country and then he comes back and we have all this rules of what you can't do. I guess he expected that because he served his country, laws and rules no longer applied to him, but he was drunk when he was saying that, so I don't know if it was true or bs.

Thanks all again for the replys. Will drop off the bike at Motorcycles Unlimited as soon as work lets me take a break.
MAVER1CK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 09:43 AM   #25
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

sucks

in the end, your prolly going to end up either pressing charges and going after him in small claims court.

i don't think home owners would cover this nor auto.
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement