MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-22-2009, 09:35 AM   #1
MAVER1CK

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 1 year
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
SV650SF

So my bike got pushed over in anger

As the subject said, my bike got pushed over in anger by a drunk person. I filled a police report, and a report was made with the company's security where the bike was parked at. The guy admitted to knocking over my bike and that he would pay for the damages. So I got all his info, and the company has this on record as well. There is some plain visible damage to the bar end slider, but I believe there might be damages to other parts as well.

So my question to the MH fam is; I am not sure if there is more damage without taking things off, should I just not touch anything, and have Motorcycles Unlimited inspect it, or start digging in and getting the prices for each item that turns out bent?

Thanks in advance.
MAVER1CK is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My Bike got pushed over at the mall brabbit General Discussion (Moto Related) 36 06-17-2009 07:58 AM
ANGER MANAGEMENT CubanGIXXER Off Topic 15 09-06-2008 06:13 PM
bike got pushed over socplay50 General Discussion (Moto Related) 19 04-21-2008 08:39 PM
Anger management Gryphin Off Topic 6 02-21-2007 05:36 PM
Someone pushed over my Bike Nupe2L General Discussion (Moto Related) 43 12-04-2005 11:49 PM
Advertisement
Old 03-22-2009, 09:36 AM   #2
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug

Feedback Rating: (11)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage

take it to Motorcycles Unlimited for sure
witchdoctor575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 09:41 AM   #3
v4lu3s

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
2003 CBR 600 F4i -- Sold

Member Garage

yeah have Motorcycles Unlimited look it over, and write you up an estimate, it always looks better than your own word on what is damaged.
v4lu3s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 09:48 AM   #4
jrob
cheers

Feedback Rating: (0)

Trackdays: 5

Bike(s):
KTM 450 XC-F
DRZ 400 Kick/Motard Convert

why did he push it over? if he is being cool about it then i would just give it a once over and have him pay for some bar ends and a slider or so...provided nothing else is wrong.

i had a lady push my magna over because i was parked in "her space". totally fukked my bars and mirror and scratched my tank. then refused to pay for it and threatened to sue me because she twisted her ankle when she did it. nothing really came of it....

i did not egg the out of her car....
Old 03-22-2009, 09:49 AM   #5
skmart2
Stephanie

Experience: 9-12 months

Bike(s):
none right now :(
07 ninja 250 - sold
07 ZZR 600 - sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by v4lu3s View Post
yeah have Motorcycles Unlimited look it over, and write you up an estimate, it always looks better than your own word on what is damaged.
+10000000! sucks it happened though
Old 03-22-2009, 09:50 AM   #6
houstonch73
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to houstonch73
User is banned

houstonch73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 09:54 AM   #7
Japawhat02
02 Tona

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
2002 Daytona

i would take it to Motorcycles Unlimited make sure you take a very good look at your rearsets, mine had a hairline crack in them when i bought my bike. Going through a left hander and snap..........Holy ****. Luckily no crash and burn.
Old 03-22-2009, 09:56 AM   #8
Japawhat02
02 Tona

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
2002 Daytona

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrob View Post
why did he push it over? if he is being cool about it then i would just give it a once over and have him pay for some bar ends and a slider or so...provided nothing else is wrong.

i had a lady push my magna over because i was parked in "her space". totally fukked my bars and mirror and scratched my tank. then refused to pay for it and threatened to sue me because she twisted her ankle when she did it. nothing really came of it....

That d bag pushed his bike over, who cares if hes being nice now. I would demand that every little scratch be fixed. Him being cool does not fix the bike or make it look better.
Old 03-22-2009, 09:56 AM   #9
v4lu3s

Bike(s):
2003 CBR 600 F4i -- Sold

Member Garage

with a sport bike i would also be concerned about brackets and tabs under the fairings. i helped a friend repair a bike he bought that had been backed into by a car and knocked over, initially inspection looked great since it had a new upper fairing to go with it, but once we started taking fairings off most of the mounting points were bent or broken, causing a dealer trip and around $100 in hardware needing to be replaced to get the fairings to sit how they are supposed to.
Old 03-22-2009, 09:57 AM   #10
Gardo

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):
2003 Suzuki DRZ400E
12 GT 3.0 GTR
11 Giant Talon 29er1
15 Polaris RZR 4 900

Wait and let Motorcycles Unlimited do a estimate its better than you saying it needs this and it needs that. Good Luck!
Gardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 10:56 AM   #11
bluewave18
Safety Third

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

You will need the written estimate if you have to push the issues further.
bluewave18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 11:08 AM   #12
MAVER1CK

Bike(s):
SV650SF

Thanks all for the quick info. To answer some of the questions, the guy was drunk and off at the company for not selling him more alcohol. I guess out of rage he threw a garbage can and took some of that anger out on my bike (I don't think he knew it belonged to one of the employees). Without giving too much info; the company's manager on duty confronted him today after looking at the security tapes of him throwing the garbage can and then heading over to the area where my bike was parked, so he admitted to his actions.

As for the bike, I rode it home last night, since it was around midnight, and it was hard to get a good look of all the items at that moment. I just gave it a glance over without taking off anything and the damages are so far:

*Broken right fairing, at one end of the fearing where it screws with the bracket/frame.
* Scratched rear passenger brace handle
* The right handle bar end slider
* Scuffed right mirror (the bike fell against a wall and sort of slid down)
* Scuffed muffler
* And (I think) bent brace that holds the cowling where the mirror attaches, since there is now a gap between the front cowling and the windshield where the mirror is at.

So far that is all I can see. Thanks Japawhat02 for the tip on checking for hair line cracks.

Second question, since it was not a vehicle collision, can the guy still use his insurance to cover the damages? And if so, would that mean that my insurance premium would go up? Or does it matter only when my own insurance pay for the damages?
Old 03-22-2009, 11:13 AM   #13
dudewhrsmybike

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2011 Kawasaki ZX-10R ABS

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to dudewhrsmybike
Quote:

You gotta be fukking kidding me. People amaze me
And the egging. . . fukn

It's GREEN, it's FAST, and it says Ninja on it
dudewhrsmybike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 11:15 AM   #14
MAVER1CK

Bike(s):
SV650SF

Quote:

If she would have sued, couldn't you have counter sued at that point for up to three times the damages, since she was technically admitting to actually pushing your bike over? I believe California had something like that, where you could be awarded up to three times the damages if the person did not want to resolve it out of court.
Old 03-22-2009, 11:32 AM   #15
JRxGRUBZx

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
O-six six durty six (r.i.p)
07 zx6r (rip)
o-five six durty six (rip)
01 f4i - yes yes im a trader .

lol
JRxGRUBZx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 11:35 AM   #16
v4lu3s

Bike(s):
2003 CBR 600 F4i -- Sold

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAVER1CK View Post

Second question, since it was not a vehicle collision, can the guy still use his insurance to cover the damages? And if so, would that mean that my insurance premium would go up? Or does it matter only when my own insurance pay for the damages?

that's up to his insurance company assuming he carries a personal liability policy, in other words not your problem.

second it has nothing to do with your insurance so your rates do not change. if you file a claim on it and get your insurance to pay for it then you need to worry about your rates.
Old 03-22-2009, 12:15 PM   #17
Meaner-n-u
Just so you know...

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
2013 Triumph Speed Triple SE
09 Fz6"Rrrrr"

Wow... I would say someone is lucky to have pushed over your bike and not some of the gun toting nicer members of our boards! Good job wanting to be fair. It wasn't right what happened. I agree with some of the others, get Patrick to take a close look, you don't want to have to fix stuff later that should be fixed now.
Old 03-22-2009, 12:38 PM   #18
jrob
cheers

Trackdays: 5

Bike(s):
KTM 450 XC-F
DRZ 400 Kick/Motard Convert

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAVER1CK View Post
If she would have sued, couldn't you have counter sued at that point for up to three times the damages, since she was technically admitting to actually pushing your bike over? I believe California had something like that, where you could be awarded up to three times the damages if the person did not want to resolve it out of court.
well it was a 1987 honda magna i picked up for $1,200. at the time i was living rent free in employee housing at a ski area condo complex and didnt have a lot of money. the lady was an owner and went to park in what was apparently her normal spot in the underground parking. well my bike was in that spot. the rest of the garage was litterally VACANT. she decides that im encroahing into her area and goes to move my bike out of her spot. she drops it in the process. a nearby landscaper saw the whole thing and being a friend called me up and told me about it. i was visiting houston at the time. i get back and call her up and ask politely that she pay for her damages. she then explodes on me put her lawyer husband on the phone who threatens to sue me and calls my bike a piece of (it totally was) and then proceeds to call the sheriff.
bottom line is these people had money. i didnt. it wasn worth the fight to me which almost certainly would have cost me my job for the ski area.

and i definitely didnt throw at least two dozen eggs all over their shiny new lexus....that wouldve been wrong.

after reading the list of damages man....im real sorry. he definitely needs to cover all that. sucks man.

good luck.
Old 03-23-2009, 01:17 AM   #19
spring r1

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
07 r1
04gsxr600 track
ttr90

[QUOTE=Meaner-n-u;1854224]Wow... I would say someone is lucky to have pushed over your bike and not some of the gun toting nicer members of our boards!........ that dude would have at the very least got the beat out of him
spring r1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 01:20 AM   #20
bunxx
Saw 'em Off!

Feedback Rating: (2)

Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
duc 800SS
polaris ranger
yamaha rhino

Quote:

bunxx is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement