MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-20-2009, 09:21 PM   #41
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Send a message via AIM to dbuck
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdill35 View Post
Cuz I wanted to keep up with ***** on the back roads. I asked how do u ride so good? And he said go to the track. So I did. Now I am hooked. I like going fast, draggin knee, no cops, fellowship, improving skills etc etc etc.
dbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
States You Have Ridden? BuckNut General Discussion (Moto Related) 28 08-05-2015 12:37 AM
Who Has Never Ridden Track, But Wants To? Snow Ridesmart Motorcycle School 39 07-05-2011 08:22 PM
to those who i know and have ridden with me... mx6er General Discussion (Moto Related) 20 02-26-2010 03:48 PM
Who's Ridden a SV1000 and Others. Wormgear Taking it to the Track 17 10-27-2008 10:38 PM
After a track day I havent ridden on the street racer-rob Taking it to the Track 30 09-25-2006 11:52 AM
Advertisement
Old 03-20-2009, 09:26 PM   #42
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Send a message via AIM to dbuck
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomAss View Post
didn't like it. Anyone?? If so, what was your reason??
cold weather, high 30's at best and rain/sleet pouring down for hours.

Other than that, enjoyed every single part of trackdays.
dbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 02:16 PM   #43
DLSGAP
Whats the "Dragon"

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
'11 FZ8

I admit i HATED my first track day. It was a cold day in November of 1990. I had been riding my YSR50 for 2 years and I went out with the bigger bikes and off the ones that couldnt pass me in the corners cus I was blowin smoke at them since Id have the throttle pretty much wide open the whole time. about 10am that morning I went down (too much lean angle on street tires) and it broke one of my clip ons... that was really the only reason I hated it
DLSGAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 02:47 PM   #44
S.D.W.
...Ready

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
2011 ZX10 Racebike
2010 Crf450r
2009 zx6 race bike
2009 ttr110

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLSGAP View Post
I admit i HATED my first track day. It was a cold day in November of 1990. I had been riding my YSR50 for 2 years and I went out with the bigger bikes and off the ones that couldnt pass me in the corners cus I was blowin smoke at them since Id have the throttle pretty much wide open the whole time. about 10am that morning I went down (too much lean angle on street tires) and it broke one of my clip ons... that was really the only reason I hated it
Sounds like a not so pleasant first time out...

Sorry to thread jack But I have a question...Looking at your story brings a question to mind. I am running CorsaIIIs front/rear on my bike. Will these handle only a certain degree of lean angle? I've only run one trackday and they held up fine. I wasn't pushing them to their limit by anymeans but was just curious from your posted comment.

I'm sure street tires have advanced quite a bit since then but I was wanting some opinions.
Old 03-23-2009, 03:02 PM   #45
Squanto84
Ruh Roh..

Feedback Rating: (7)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.D.W. View Post
Sounds like a not so pleasant first time out...

Sorry to thread jack But I have a question...Looking at your story brings a question to mind. I am running CorsaIIIs front/rear on my bike. Will these handle only a certain degree of lean angle? I've only run one trackday and they held up fine. I wasn't pushing them to their limit by anymeans but was just curious from your posted comment.

I'm sure street tires have advanced quite a bit since then but I was wanting some opinions.
start a new thread, please..
Old 03-24-2009, 11:37 AM   #46
Tattoo
Your head isn't that hard

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
R1
Pit bike
Looking for?

I went to a track day recently I loved the time i had on the track.

I also took the rider class and hated everything about it. I was not happy with the fact not one instructor tried to help me on the track, obviously i needed it.

I dont think an instructor should ever do a wheelie past a person that needs help, never been to a track let alone ride one.

I felt the only reason the instructors were there is to haul around the track racing each other or what ever. A extremely dissapointing experience.

After all the frustration and aggrivation the track was bad and id love to ride another one. To you instructors WTF.
Old 03-24-2009, 12:16 PM   #47
Sifu-TZ
#1 Satans' Buttnuggets

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
Husky 450SMR motard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tattoo View Post
I went to a track day recently I loved the time i had on the track.

I also took the rider class and hated everything about it. I was not happy with the fact not one instructor tried to help me on the track, obviously i needed it.

I dont think an instructor should ever do a wheelie past a person that needs help, never been to a track let alone ride one.

I felt the only reason the instructors were there is to haul around the track racing each other or what ever. A extremely dissapointing experience.

After all the frustration and aggrivation the track was bad and id love to ride another one. To you instructors WTF.
I'll bet I know what track group that was. but I won't say it. I did one with them and it was disapointing at best. I don't go to low-bid trackdays. go to a good one. pm me if you're not sure. I love track days now.

Fastline motorcycle school grid marshal.
PM's open temporarily.
Sifu-TZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement