MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-20-2009, 08:39 AM   #1
Unleaded_Buell
Long Stroke; Low RPM

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
2008 Buell XB9

Member Garage

How do you clone a Mazda?

So I'm on the way in this morning at about 6:45 and I'm doing my usual thing of cataloging all the traffic around me. I'm OCD about it and I don't wear an Ipod so it's a running dialog in my helmet:

"Black Jeep 2 o'clock, headed left. Silver buick 7 o'clock, gaining. Bus, 11 o'clock, slowing, Buick is coming over here. Red F150, 9 o'clock, might jump over for the next exit...."

It's just my way of trying to anticipate and plan my options. Anyway, I hear my voice saying "Orange B2600, 5 o'clock, big chick with huge hair, matching speed." A second later, I hear "Orange B2600, 3 o'clock, big chick with huge hair, matching speed." I need to get over, so I accelerate to get ahead of the B2600, check my mirror, and there she is, "Orange B2600, big chick with huge hair, 5 o'clock, falling back."

I initiate an assertive move to the right and, out of habit, I do a head check as I go. What do I see about 20 inches from me and exactly where I want to go? A big chick with huge hair and eyes, matching speed in an orange B2600 and marveling at this idiot who thinks he can ram her off the road with a sport bike. I have no idea how my handlebar missed her mirror, I had to jerk my knee in to miss the driver's door. She must have swerved because there's no way I corrected in time.

What are the odds of finding 2 orange B2600's driven by big chicks with huge hair in the same lane on I45 at 6:45 AM on a Friday? Today they were 100%.

So I'm thinking this was a good reminder to do a head check before initiating my turns.

Oh, and be on the lookout for an orange B2600 driven by a big chick with huge hair. It will clone itself when you're not looking.

Timidi mater non flet.
Unleaded_Buell is offline   Reply With Quote