MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's.....
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-20-2009, 05:20 AM   #1
gsxr005
Rocky

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2004 Yamaha YZF450 Dirtbike

Send a message via AIM to gsxr005 Send a message via Yahoo to gsxr005
New to dirt bikeís but not in street bikes.

Hey Folks,

I have been a member for a while now and have posted a few times in dirtbikes, miniís, ATVís, Karts cause I had only ride on the street. I got interested in a dirt bike when I when to Thailand about a year and a half ago I found a dirt track and they where renting out bikes to ride. Finally brought my Yamaha YZ450 from an Army buddy. I had brought the bike from him and had him hold it for me while I was on deployed to Afghanistan. While I was on my RNR I got to ride it at Ultimate MX. I had a lot of fun but need to get more familiar with the bike and practice my cornering, jumps. Dirt and street are two different worlds; I found that out quickly on a nasty spill hahaha lol. I was trying to lean it like a sport bike. Hopefully on my way back home from deployment I get to met yall and go out and riding. And maybe teach me a couple of things on riding in dirt tracks. Has any body work on a water pump and seals? I want to replace mines. And well money is a little tight and 200.00 and somewhat dollarsí for the labor not including the parts is a little over my budget. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks

I ride because I want too, I ride because I need too, enough talk lets ride! Till our seats catches on fire! The faster the better! Ride it to your Limits. "I live my life quarter mile at a time and in those 10sec I'm free and nothing else matter" No BS, No hassle, No worries just me and my bike.
gsxr005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
need info on a dirt bikes!! RayBusa Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's..... 21 09-08-2012 07:20 PM
how to make a dirt bike street legal iceman Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's..... 21 03-30-2011 08:58 AM
Dirt Bikes. ileono918 Motorcycles Unlimited 0 10-19-2008 02:52 PM
How do I register a dirt bike for street use? Hyprmtr General Discussion (Moto Related) 19 07-09-2008 04:15 PM
Advertisement
Old 03-20-2009, 06:32 AM   #2
ileono918
On hiatus

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 1-3 months

Hey, there is a few of us dirt riderz around here, I know some of us are regulars to Ultimate MX. When you are back in town feel free to PM me and we can ride there.
As far as the water pump and seals, I am still fairly new to bike repairs but try to download your Factory Service Manual. That will give you a ton of help when trying to fix your bike.
ileono918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 07:15 AM   #3
gsxr005
Rocky

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by ileono918 View Post
Hey, there is a few of us dirt riderz around here, I know some of us are regulars to Ultimate MX. When you are back in town feel free to PM me and we can ride there.
As far as the water pump and seals, I am still fairly new to bike repairs but try to download your Factory Service Manual. That will give you a ton of help when trying to fix your bike.

Thanks man, Iíll definitely PM yall to go ride. Always fun with other riders and I can pick up some pointers from yall. Again thanks man.

I ride because I want too, I ride because I need too, enough talk lets ride! Till our seats catches on fire! The faster the better! Ride it to your Limits. "I live my life quarter mile at a time and in those 10sec I'm free and nothing else matter" No BS, No hassle, No worries just me and my bike.
Old 03-20-2009, 07:18 AM   #4
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Send a message via AIM to dbuck
welcome to the dirt world. Be careful, the ground isn't as soft as it appears. Water pump and seal should be easy with a factor repair manual. Keep your eyes peeled for SHNF Roll Call threads. That's a dirtbike meet up in Huntsville with 40+ miles of riding trails.
dbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 07:53 AM   #5
gsxr005
Rocky

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbuck View Post
welcome to the dirt world. Be careful, the ground isn't as soft as it appears. Water pump and seal should be easy with a factor repair manual. Keep your eyes peeled for SHNF Roll Call threads. That's a dirtbike meet up in Huntsville with 40+ miles of riding trails.
Thank you for the good advice. I will remember that. My first day taking her out to the track made me realized what you said hahaha lol. gezz that hurt .Well hopefully we all can met and go riding one of these days when I get back. Again thanks

Old 03-20-2009, 08:47 AM   #6
kstrs
Grrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!

Bike(s):
Some

PM'd ya
kstrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 09:17 AM   #7
GABRIEL

Feedback Rating: (14)

Experience: 1-3 months

I ride...
We are going to South West Motocross today and maybe on Sunday.
I will be headed there right after I get off of work at 5pm.
GABRIEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 09:35 AM   #8
kdog22
Wheelie it son..

Bike(s):
2004 Honda xr50
1991 Honda z50
2004 WR450 Supermoto
1988 Honda ZB50 - For Sale

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxr005 View Post
Hey Folks,

I have been a member for a while now and have posted a few times in dirtbikes, miniís, ATVís, Karts cause I had only ride on the street. I got interested in a dirt bike when I when to Thailand about a year and a half ago I found a dirt track and they where renting out bikes to ride. Finally brought my Yamaha YZ450 from an Army buddy. I had brought the bike from him and had him hold it for me while I was on deployed to Afghanistan. While I was on my RNR I got to ride it at Ultimate MX. I had a lot of fun but need to get more familiar with the bike and practice my cornering, jumps. Dirt and street are two different worlds; I found that out quickly on a nasty spill hahaha lol. I was trying to lean it like a sport bike. Hopefully on my way back home from deployment I get to met yall and go out and riding. And maybe teach me a couple of things on riding in dirt tracks. Has any body work on a water pump and seals? I want to replace mines. And well money is a little tight and 200.00 and somewhat dollarsí for the labor not including the parts is a little over my budget. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks
ya i had to sacrifice my MX bike for my first street bike..It kind of hard to do since I used to race religously every weekend for years. I grew up on a dirt bike and there's nothing like the feeling of ripping apart a berm or hittin a jump with that bike pinned and just flying. I love it.

im seriously considering buying another dirt bike for my next bike since my 600 got stolen. i'm really wanting a honda 450 rather than another 250f.. those 450's are beasts! ride a track all day in just 2 gears if you wanted to
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator View Post
Muhammad.........Nostradamus..........Kdog
The cycle continues.
kdog22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 09:56 AM   #9
hotnanas
i rock knobbies

...i love dirt...

hit us up when you want to ride.
hotnanas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 10:35 AM   #10
hondarider77

Bike(s):
2007 cbr1000rr
2005 crf450r
2005 crf150f
2005 crf150f tarded
2008 r6

Send a message via AIM to hondarider77
ill be at SWMX today, tomorrow, and sunday pm me if ya need directions
hondarider77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 11:19 AM   #11
gsxr005
Rocky

Bike(s):

Again folks thank you. But currently I just finish my RNR and back in Afghanistan. I will get a hold of all of you to ride when I get back from deployment. Again thanks.