MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-20-2009, 10:28 AM   #21
JP171

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
00' GSXR 750
05 636

Ulric I simply stated a position, you don't like it tough. I didn't thread jack or anything like it, again you don't like it oh well. this thread was started as an update/dicussion thread or so I thought, I stated my point of view that its dangerous and unwarrented/un-needed. if you want to whine about it then go tell someone who cares like a mod

For those looking to give back to Texas and serve those in times of need, Join the Texas State Guard.
Locate a Recruiter http://www.gotxsg.com/join.php
JP171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
interested in legalizing lane-sharing? do something about it. specterunseen General Discussion (Moto Related) 248 05-22-2009 08:19 AM
Lane Splitting/Sharing... Tony1K Off Topic 11 01-08-2009 11:05 PM
Geez... sharing the lane?!?! specterunseen General Discussion (Moto Related) 13 08-19-2008 08:10 PM
Lane-Sharing lane-splitting, white-lining or filtering NoFear General Discussion (Moto Related) 165 08-14-2008 03:30 PM
Lane Sharing sparky General Discussion (Moto Related) 31 12-22-2006 12:03 PM
Advertisement
Old 03-20-2009, 10:37 AM   #22
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP171 View Post
Ulric I simply stated a position, you don't like it tough. I didn't thread jack or anything like it, again you don't like it oh well. this thread was started as an update/dicussion thread or so I thought, I stated my point of view that its dangerous and unwarrented/un-needed. if you want to whine about it then go tell someone who cares like a mod
why is it dangerous? it's not like its used in the most congested countries/cities in the world.......but it is.

aren't bikes that can go 150mph unwarranted/un-needed?
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 10:41 AM   #23
Ulric
Dirty Old

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP171 View Post
and I merely suggested that great we got your opinion, if you feel the need to elaborate or repost your opinion on LS, start your own thread or use one that was created for it. Topic and original thread would seem self-explanatory, Bill status and primary 'big' possible opponent.
Old 03-20-2009, 10:49 AM   #24
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!

Bike(s):
2006 Hayabusa (totaled)2007 Hayabusa, 2004 CRF 50

i just found out that a girl that i work with, is that guy's neice!
sbfuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 10:57 AM   #25
jfly
RIP Coach Dave

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
cbr 600 F3 LOR exhaust

Member Garage

Im gonna frucking URGE them to vote YES!!!!!
Actual Riding Experience 10+ years
Quote:
I'll say this, he did a pretty decent job hanging with 3 liter bikes on 45 on his F3!!
jfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 10:59 AM   #26
specterunseen
El Brilliante

Feedback Rating: (3)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
Kawasaki EX250 (dead due to mechanical failure)
Kawasaki EX500 (on loan from a friend)
Pending, bikeless once the 500 gone :-(
Want Husky 510SMR or KTM 690 SMC to continue the hooligan activity

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
why is it dangerous? it's not like its used in the most congested countries/cities in the world.......but it is.

aren't bikes that can go 150mph unwarranted/un-needed?
specterunseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 08:25 PM   #27
dudewhrsmybike

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2011 Kawasaki ZX-10R ABS

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to dudewhrsmybike
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdperry View Post
Thats retarded that they are going against it, i think they are going against it because most of the cruzer's and harley's are TOO BIG to lane split so they are hurt cuz if it was to pass they couldent do it anyways so they wanna ruin it for the rest...also good point about the helmet, i support it even more cu the helmet law part of it.
I'm thinking more along the lines of what this guy said. . .

"As Shawn and Rob (another rider on the way to the hearing) told it, the TMRA, Texas Motorcycle Rights Association, were dead against it. The no helmet brigade was against the law supposedly because of a provision that if one were to lane split you needed to wear a helmet, and helmet exemptions would not apply. It would seem anything that might compromise the no-helmet law/exemption in any way is "fightin words" to the TMRA."

It's GREEN, it's FAST, and it says Ninja on it
dudewhrsmybike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 09:55 PM   #28
SecretAgent
The one and only

Bike(s):
08 Harley FXDB Street Bob

Send a message via AIM to SecretAgent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetkillr View Post
i dont know how i feel about lane splitting. if traffic is sitting still like i the other month when it took 30 mins to go a mile (with a little bit of lane splitting!!!) then i would be for it. but guys that take advantage of it and are unsafe about it then i would be against it. i think its safe not to lane split for sure. im gonna follow the law in most cases and im not gonna make any kinda stupid move to put myself in harms way
guys....the guys that would ruin it for the rest of us, if the bill was passed, are the same people who do it now illegally anyways. you think if they're riding like that to begin with, it matters to them if lane splitting is legal? they're going to do it regardless...however it would be nice if it was legal for the rest of us to do properly. this bill is the best legislation for motorcyclists since the helmet law was appealed. it will not only improve congestion, it's SAFER!!!! you won't have to worry about being rearended at stop lights because you'll be between lanes, AT THE FRONT OF THE LINE. rush hour commutes become rush half-hour commutes. i don't understand why any motorcyclist wouldn't want this bill passed. it is in the best interest of all of us!

i will say though it's total bs that they tacked on the helmet requirement to it. it's as if there are people working against getting it passed (which i'm sure there are). that hinderance will for sure get it denied. perhaps texas isn't ready for lane-splitting just yet.
"There are some things nobody needs in this world, and a bright-red, hunch-back, warp-speed 900cc cafe racer is one of them - but I want one anyway, and on some days I actually believe I need one. That is why they are dangerous. "
-Hunter S. Thompson

Last edited by SecretAgent; 03-20-2009 at 09:58 PM.
SecretAgent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 03:07 PM   #29
The_Punisher
Squid Hunter

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
2008 Ninja 650R

Send a message via AIM to The_Punisher
This would have been very helpful to me last Friday. I sat in traffic FOREVER headin south through conroe, sweating my off in full leathers. It was about that time I decided lane splitting might not be such a bad thing.
Old 03-23-2009, 03:34 PM   #30
specterunseen
El Brilliante

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
Kawasaki EX250 (dead due to mechanical failure)
Kawasaki EX500 (on loan from a friend)
Pending, bikeless once the 500 gone :-(
Want Husky 510SMR or KTM 690 SMC to continue the hooligan activity

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Punisher View Post
This would have been very helpful to me last Friday. I sat in traffic FOREVER headin south through conroe, sweating my off in full leathers. It was about that time I decided lane splitting might not be such a bad thing.
then call your senator.
specterunseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 03:53 PM   #31
Ulric
Dirty Old

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

"i will say though it's total bs that they tacked on the helmet requirement to it. it's as if there are people working against getting it passed (which i'm sure there are). that hinderance will for sure get it denied. perhaps texas isn't ready for lane-splitting just yet."

It's possible less comitee members would have voted for it... or it might be less likely to pass w/o the helmet req. Consider though, that there is nothing stopping TMRA or anyone else from trying to have the helmet restriction moved from it, later down the road.
Old 03-25-2009, 08:06 PM   #32
Soup
Smells like lavender..

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
Dirty6

Just imagine you get a call from home and it's an emergency. There's bumper to bumber traffic and you have to get through that to get home. Wouldn't you like to at least have the option of legally lane splitting?

I don't know why there is such a debate over this. Why vote no? If you don't want to lane split, just because the bill passes doesn't mean you have to.
I never lane split but I sure as would like to have the option if I had to.
Soup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 08:40 PM   #33
rhenriksen

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'07 GSXR-750 (sold)
'07 Bandit 1250
'03 CBR 600 racebike (parting out)
2013 Ducati Streetfighter 848
1984 Honda V65 Sabre (stolen)

Well said!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soup View Post
Just imagine you get a call from home and it's an emergency. There's bumper to bumber traffic and you have to get through that to get home. Wouldn't you like to at least have the option of legally lane splitting?

I don't know why there is such a debate over this. Why vote no? If you don't want to lane split, just because the bill passes doesn't mean you have to.
I never lane split but I sure as would like to have the option if I had to.
rhenriksen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 09:46 PM   #34
greentegr6
B.S.

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
2006 CBR 1000 RR
93 CBR 900 RR -FOR SALE- 2000
SOLD-2002 GSXR 600
RIP- YAMAHA R6

Send a message via Yahoo to greentegr6
well said. i vote yes. seating in hot leather on a bike that's getting up to 225 in hot temp. is no fun. and think about the people who have to seat in that hot weather or cold and possibly pass out, because they couldn't lane split.

I vote yes. being late for work,wife pregnancy,mad rush to the bathroom,etc..

i think it would be good to use in emergency only
greentegr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 10:08 PM   #35
Soup
Smells like lavender..

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
Dirty6

I feel for the people who have to commute to/from work because they have to endure Houston's hot weather, sitting on a stove with 2 wheels, while they're geared up for safety (and if they don't, they get called squids).

I don't think it's fair for them that people are voting no, when the only time those voters ride their bikes is on the weekends and after rush hour traffic.
Soup is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement