MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-19-2009, 12:10 AM   #1
Quicksilver

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 9-12 months

Bike(s):
2008 Suzuki Half-a-busa
Harley Davidson Fatboy / Fatbob (April 18, 2009)

Three Blind Mice- See how they ran on 45 South

This was too funny. I just had ring side seats to a little police chase of 3 blind mice on bikes on 45 South and Broadway about 11:25pm. I was out checking some traps and this bike pulls up next to me with rider having a helmet with Pink mohawk (who?) and then to my left coming roaring by are 2 more bikes. A few secs later, I see a silohuette of HPD car coming and he heads straight for the bikers. I'm guessing that they maybe thought someone was going to give them a run, until the cop flipped on the overhead lights. There were brakes light, until I heard an engine roar and the guy on the left lead took off. The cop jumps in behind takes off after him, and he must have hit warp speed cause when I came over the hill, he was hauling under 610 and gone. His 2 buddies were left behind and just cruising until one of them, I think pink mohawk, split and took 610 exit. The last rider in maybe a black Dianese jacket with white symbol in middle, he kept going straight down 45 south. The HPD turned off his lights cause he couldn't catch the runner and pulled over in the median to the right when you come under the 610 loop. So he waits until we catch up and the poor sweeper, as soon as we passed him, the cop flips on his lights and chase down the bike next to me and pulls him over.
Moral of the story is to know if come on this site for who you call riding buddies. Cop probably trying to squeeze info out of this guy about the runner or pinning some tickets on him as accomplice. Will wait and see who is going to fess up to being in the area.
Poor sweeper, next time use your brain and exit and take another route home. It is not out of the way compare to how many minute you end up spending with HPD car.
rider down - 45 South Deadfred General Discussion (Moto Related) 72 01-15-2014 06:20 AM
45 south shut down! iDreaM General Discussion (Moto Related) 6 11-02-2012 10:07 AM
someone crash on 45 south doing wheelie???? superkat General Discussion (Moto Related) 40 05-24-2010 12:41 PM
45 South From Huntsville Cbr954Dave Off Topic 5 09-14-2008 03:01 PM
Advertisement
Old 03-19-2009, 12:14 AM   #2
Big Boy
Yoyoyoyoyoyo

Experience: 4-8 months

Bike(s):
07 honda 1000rr

he shouldve just chased the cop down and stoped him wouldve been easier
Big Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 12:18 AM   #3
jfly
RIP Coach Dave

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
cbr 600 F3 LOR exhaust

Member Garage

Actual Riding Experience 10+ years
Quote:
I'll say this, he did a pretty decent job hanging with 3 liter bikes on 45 on his F3!!
jfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 12:28 AM   #4
JBIRD5363

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
01 50
85 Honda atc 250 sx
95 dr 650

People are stupid I have always believed that you can out run the po-po but you can't outrun motorola
JBIRD5363 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 12:34 AM   #5
cdill35

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2014 Phoenix 921 Pro XP w/ Merc 250 ProXS
11 Yam Zuma 125
Specialized Stumpy

Nice, I totally thought you were going to flame them for riding like that, but the moral was....

Take another route fool!

Did I read that correctly?
cdill35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 12:34 AM   #6
ninjathatcould
UHD BPOC 241

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
2006 EX250
(Totaled 08 XB12R)

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to ninjathatcould
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBIRD5363 View Post
People are stupid I have always believed that you can out run the po-po but you can't outrun motorola
+1000

IMO running is not only cowardly, but exponentially more dangerous than speeding without the cops on your tail. I hope he made it home, or wherver he was going. Next time he might not be so lucky.

ninjathatcould is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 12:36 AM   #7
1slocbr
Banned

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
junk grand
junk 6

User is banned

1slocbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 12:44 AM   #8
cdill35

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
2014 Phoenix 921 Pro XP w/ Merc 250 ProXS
11 Yam Zuma 125
Specialized Stumpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjathatcould View Post
+1000

IMO running is not only cowardly, but exponentially more dangerous than speeding without the cops on your tail. I hope he made it home, or wherver he was going. Next time he might not be so lucky.
'splain pls.
cdill35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 12:45 AM   #9
c0rey

Bike(s):
450x

Send a message via AIM to c0rey
people still wear hawks?
c0rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 01:04 AM   #10
wever411
Gunt Puncher

Feedback Rating: (8)

Experience: 3 years

i must have just missed it. I passed thru there around 12. that same cop might have pulled over someone else.
Old 03-19-2009, 01:51 AM   #11
Busa_Bullet
boats n' motohoes

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
2004 Hayabusa

Quote:
Originally Posted by wever411 View Post
i must have just missed it. I passed thru there around 12. that same cop might have pulled over someone else.
yep ... he did. wasent me but i was riding home with two other peeps. they got a little frisky and i just stayed back.. just trying to chill and enjoy the ride, plus it being wednesday everyone knows cops are out like crazy. i saw po po lights in front of me up ahead and when i caught up that other person had pulled off in a parking lot gettin hit up by the police man. other buddy said fck it and just kept goin. i was doing the speed limit so i just kept cruisin. there were like 4 cop cars that were in a one mile stretch after that with cars pulled over.
Busa_Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 01:52 AM   #12
cashtown
Lawyers Guns and Money

Bike(s):
'05 Hayabusa '98 ZX-6E

I dunno. I feel pretty confident that I could probably get away from a cruiser on the highway, but **** me if I would try. A speeding ticket is nothing, a reckless is an expensive pain in the , but a felony evading would be a certified tter.

I've been known to do my share of stupid , but I just can't rationalize running from the cops for the reasons most of these guys run for.

I'll save my running for after I rob my first bank.

Fat Freddy says, "Busas are for posing!"
cashtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 01:57 AM   #13
wever411
Gunt Puncher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busa_Bullet View Post
yep ... he did. wasent me but i was riding home with two other peeps. they got a little frisky and i just stayed back.. just trying to chill and enjoy the ride, plus it being wednesday everyone knows cops are out like crazy. i saw po po lights in front of me up ahead and when i caught up that other person had pulled off in a parking lot gettin hit up by the police man. other buddy said fck it and just kept goin. i was doing the speed limit so i just kept cruisin. there were like 4 cop cars that were in a one mile stretch after that with cars pulled over.
so that's about 3 riders in the same area. guy i was talking about pulled over on the side of the freeway. wonder how many more they got in that area tonight.
Old 03-19-2009, 02:13 AM   #14
Busa_Bullet
boats n' motohoes

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
2004 Hayabusa

Quote:
so that's about 3 riders in the same area. guy i was talking about pulled over on the side of the freeway. wonder how many more they got in that area tonight.
dunno, but when my buddy got home and called me... said the cop followed him donw 45 for a bit, untill two bikes came haulin a$$ and the cop whiped out and chased them. crazy wednesday nights!!
Busa_Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 02:23 AM   #15
wever411
Gunt Puncher

good thing i was riding the speed limit
Old 03-19-2009, 05:45 AM   #16
philipx
randomly chaotic

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
GL1800A4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busa_Bullet View Post
plus it being wednesday everyone knows cops are out like crazy.
Why is that? Is it because of the ASI or PP1 meetings, or is Wednesday some special day for the police?
philipx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 07:03 AM   #17
Texas94fs
SBN Bus Driver

Feedback Rating: (1)

Trackdays: 5

Bike(s):
2006 Triumph Thruxton

Member Garage

Running isn't a good idea. The minute a call for a chase goes out on the radio every cop is on it. They all want a piece of the action. You might get away but what if you don't, what if you wreck and end up being the cause for other people getting hurt or killed. What if your idiocy ended up being the reason a child died. What you think you are better than everyone else, your life is more valuable? Wrong. Speeding is one thing but running from the cops is stupid. I hope the runner with the oh so holier than thou attitude gets caught before he kills himself or someone else.

April 2009 BOTM
Texas94fs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 07:24 AM   #18
FastLine
Motorcycle School

Bike(s):
Instructing
Trackdays
A
Boss

FastLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 07:32 AM   #19
Sl!mP!ckens!

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
05 GSX-R 750

Member Garage

Quote:
good thing i was riding the speed limit
There is a speed limit?
Old 03-19-2009, 08:30 AM   #20
B-Man
B-Man

Bike(s):
2006 kawasaki Vulcan Classic 1500
Can-Am Spyder...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
This was too funny. I just had ring side seats to a little police chase of 3 blind mice on bikes on 45 South and Broadway about 11:25pm. I was out checking some traps and this bike pulls up next to me with rider having a helmet with Pink mohawk (who?) and then to my left coming roaring by are 2 more bikes. A few secs later, I see a silohuette of HPD car coming and he heads straight for the bikers. I'm guessing that they maybe thought someone was going to give them a run, until the cop flipped on the overhead lights. There were brakes light, until I heard an engine roar and the guy on the left lead took off. The cop jumps in behind takes off after him, and he must have hit warp speed cause when I came over the hill, he was hauling under 610 and gone. His 2 buddies were left behind and just cruising until one of them, I think pink mohawk, split and took 610 exit. The last rider in maybe a black Dianese jacket with white symbol in middle, he kept going straight down 45 south. The HPD turned off his lights cause he couldn't catch the runner and pulled over in the median to the right when you come under the 610 loop. So he waits until we catch up and the poor sweeper, as soon as we passed him, the cop flips on his lights and chase down the bike next to me and pulls him over.
Moral of the story is to know if come on this site for who you call riding buddies. Cop probably trying to squeeze info out of this guy about the runner or pinning some tickets on him as accomplice. Will wait and see who is going to fess up to being in the area.
Poor sweeper, next time use your brain and exit and take another route home. It is not out of the way compare to how many minute you end up spending with HPD car.
Checking traps?
B-Man is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement