MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-18-2009, 12:04 PM   #1
P0wer1

Feedback Rating: (0)

08 cbr1000rr clutch update

Anyone with this model have it done yet? Called in and scheduled my appointment but it seems like they're not looking forward to do it...
P0wer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
08 cbr1000rr clutch jchurch Performance and Modifications 7 08-28-2015 08:33 AM
Tune up and replacing clutch on cbr1000rr HoustonGSXR General Discussion (Moto Related) 8 04-11-2014 11:15 AM
08 CBR1000RR HELP!!! redtalon3204 How To's and Q & A's 11 03-02-2012 03:22 PM
Just picked up an 08 cbr1000rr brandontx General Discussion (Moto Related) 57 05-08-2010 10:47 PM
Advertisement
Old 03-18-2009, 12:07 PM   #2
navigator
Senior Citizen

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'09 Ninja 250
'09 Versys
'09 Grizzly
'10 Felt Racing Hybrid

If you look at the paperwork they sent you, it is good thru 2011. I'm not having any problems so I plan to keep using what I have for a while. Might as well get some use before it gets changed.
POLITICAL CORRECTNESS, is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a by the clean end.
navigator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 12:17 PM   #3
P0wer1

I was thinking about doing that but you know how dealership are..They will come up with a lot of BS and besides, i don't want anything happen when riding.
Old 03-18-2009, 12:22 PM   #4
navigator
Senior Citizen

Bike(s):
'09 Ninja 250
'09 Versys
'09 Grizzly
'10 Felt Racing Hybrid

Actually I don't know how your dealship is. What is gonna happen? It's a little grabby off the line because of the assist feature. It's not considered a safety issue as far as I know.
POLITICAL CORRECTNESS, is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a by the clean end.
Old 03-18-2009, 01:54 PM   #5
Texmex1
Bzzzzzzzzz

Bike(s):
`
03 Ruckus
77 MT125R
89 GB500
2015 Xbox One

It is not the dealership, it is American Honda...
They want the updates done ASAP to prevent the possibilty of it letting go and dong major damage that they would have to cover.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by P0wer1 View Post
I was thinking about doing that but you know how dealership are..They will come up with a lot of BS and besides, i don't want anything happen when riding.
Texmex1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 02:18 PM   #6
zimmer

Bike(s):
08 Honda CBR 1000
2010 Honda Sabre

Got mine done at Wild West in Katy. Had no problems before or after. The old felt ok and so does the new. They fill different from each other, but neither felt bad. The dealship took care of it and was very nice about. I work 12 hour days so a Saturday was the only time they could get me in. I called in advance, so they could get the parts in. They got it in and out in about 4 hours.
zimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 03:53 PM   #7
P0wer1

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
Got mine done at Wild West in Katy. Had no problems before or after. The old felt ok and so does the new. They fill different from each other, but neither felt bad. The dealship took care of it and was very nice about. I work 12 hour days so a Saturday was the only time they could get me in. I called in advance, so they could get the parts in. They got it in and out in about 4 hours.

Wow! Last time I called them, they said it will take at least 2 days. Maybe, they were booked? but did they happen to drain the oil to do this update?
Old 03-18-2009, 04:36 PM   #8
zimmer

Bike(s):
08 Honda CBR 1000
2010 Honda Sabre

No, oil change. I did the 600 mile service later. I booked the job with them in advance. I dont know if that helped or not. They told me it would take all dau, but called way early and said bike is ready.
zimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 05:55 PM   #9
navigator
Senior Citizen

Bike(s):
'09 Ninja 250
'09 Versys
'09 Grizzly
'10 Felt Racing Hybrid

Here is the full meal deal on the clutch update. It contains the service bulletin and the customer letter. Some of the first kits to come out were missing a spacer and caused some slippage after install. Hopefully, Honda has resolved that issue too.

Now that I know that we have until 2012 to get it done, I will get some more life out of this one before taking it in.

http://www.otdcyclesports.com/upload...0Recall(1).pdf