MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-04-2006, 07:42 PM   #1
ratmzapa

Member Garage

Arrow Went to visit Walter Today...

Hey guys I went to visit Walter at about 4 p.m. Hes doing ok but he is still in and out. He is in room 602 for now. No visitors but his mom said please come by and show your support. It was not Walter's fault and perhaps the cop may have had a larger role in the accident. Walter's mom is going to get the police videotape. Listen Walter was very big on safety and even brought a kid he had met to the store to make him buy a helmet and gear. Then took the kid riding so that he would have an idea of what he was doing. You know I have heard somethings from the board that has upset me to a great degree. I wont post it here but you know what I am talking about. I dont care what your opinion is of the situation but showing support shows some maturity. Anyways they have no insurance, which is going to be a big blow to his family. He needs attention at all times but they have him on the wrong floor and they havent even given him food. If I was in this situation I would hope people would visit me regardless of their opinions of me. His mom also said they she had only talked to our POC once...which I thought had been in direct contact with her for many days. This is what I heard from her and she also stated they she repeatedly called the POC and no return phone calls. She also appreciated everyone else that visited the hospital and she remembers everyone too. Well this is all I have if anyone else has more please post or put your regards in this thread. AJC
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
hey walter rickykline Off Topic 11 06-02-2006 11:55 AM
HOW IS WALTER DOING????? FastLine General Discussion (Moto Related) 5 03-14-2006 08:56 PM
Gonna go see walter Buck Nasty General Discussion (Moto Related) 4 03-13-2006 01:35 AM
Info on Walter?? PSYCHO1000 Events, Meets and Rides 3 02-24-2006 01:43 AM
WALTER RIDE! dotcom General Discussion (Moto Related) 97 02-18-2006 12:19 AM
Advertisement
Old 02-04-2006, 07:49 PM   #2
yankee

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
08 HD Nightster

I thought they said no visitors for now? so he didnt have f/c ins. on his bike? that sucks, I think that would have paid for his hospital bills.
yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 07:52 PM   #3
jetcycles
DRIVEN BY ANGER

Feedback Rating: (14)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
1950 Chevy Deluxe
1980 Honda CT70
1987 Kawasaki 650SX
1996 Honda Z50

man, i had wondered about the insurance thing, and that saddens me to hear that. I'll do whatever i can to help out
jetcycles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 07:53 PM   #4
Swift E

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Triumph 675

Thanks for the update, Good to hear someone has actually discussed Walters condition with his family. I hope walter gets better soon.
It sounds like we might need to all dig deep to help his family out once he is out of ICU.
Per our discussion earlier, his mother has my families prayers and full support. Let us know if there is ANYTHING he needs at all.
Old 02-04-2006, 07:56 PM   #5
ratmzapa

Member Garage

Me and eric (Swift E) talked about having some type of fundraiser for the family. I am sure we could get something great together. Walter and his family also just moved here from Chicago so pretty much everything is a "whirlwind" for them. Lets show our support as best we can..Ride safe!!!
Old 02-04-2006, 08:02 PM   #6
yankee

Bike(s):
08 HD Nightster

[QUOTE=dancinman]Me and eric (Swift E) talked about having some type of fundraiser for the family.

I was just thinking of that, i think thats a good idea.
yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 08:04 PM   #7
JJO
The One and Only

Bike(s):
Injured 2005 ZX-6R

good idea
Old 02-04-2006, 08:05 PM   #8
ratmzapa

Member Garage

Hey jo did you go visit Walter...she mentioned a joe but I dont know if it was you.......
Old 02-04-2006, 08:10 PM   #9
chasee69
ballin' outta control!

Feedback Rating: (7)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
CRF 50

i'll be going in a few days when he hopefully is doing a little better.

im dumb. whats is a POC?

ducatisignature
chasee69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 08:11 PM   #10
99BlackR1
Spaz

Bike(s):
R1, CRF50

he is Jay jay
motorcycledudeindestructible2542999l4qy6go
Pardon the hate and the animosity
towards your belief system and your hypocrisy.
No regrets, no remorse.This is my last serenade
99BlackR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 08:11 PM   #11
ratmzapa

Member Garage

Point of Contact..
Old 02-04-2006, 08:21 PM   #12
ends big egos

Dont get down about not having medical insurance. sue the pants off the idiot who pulled his helmet off and worsened his health.
ends big egos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 08:25 PM   #13
Swift E

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Triumph 675

If only it was that easy
Old 02-04-2006, 08:29 PM   #14
ratmzapa

Member Garage

My cousin died 3 yrs ago on his bike...two eighteen wheelers ran over him...they havent seen a dime....and they have already determined it was the truckers fault...

Last edited by ratmzapa; 02-04-2006 at 08:39 PM.
Old 02-04-2006, 10:12 PM   #15
StealthR6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancinman
My cousin died 3 yrs ago on his bike...two eighteen wheelers ran over him...they havent seen a dime....and they have already determined it was the truckers fault...
like that makes me worry about riding lol.
StealthR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 01:15 AM   #16
itsjustme
PIZZA *****!!!

Bike(s):
'05 CBR 1000RR/'01 cbr 929 project bike

It's really hard to sue people now adays. It took over 3 years to get my settlement from the bike wreck I had 5 years ago. Even when you sue there are limits of liabilty that extremely limit the amount of money you get if you win. It's hard to sue because people are too quick to sue. It's the why work when you can sue mentallity that makes it this way. Who said Walter is not at fault? If it's coming from the family that wasn't there don't you think it might be a little biased. Why doesn't the family just post up what they claim to know anyway? Oh, and I don't know the situation of the family but having no insurance is not exactly a smart thing. I can understand it if the family has a legit reason but if not then oh well.
itsjustme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 01:59 AM   #17
redrocker

Bike(s):
2007 GSXR 600

Could we do some kind of benefit for Walter?? Any ideas so we can help out with all of his hospital bills!
redrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 02:06 AM   #18
ratmzapa

Member Garage

Well itsjustme..actually the police report is now stating it was the cop that hit Walter...preliminary investigation...always remember this could be any of us...not everyone has enough money to afford insurance most people have it from their jobs...so alot of people arent lucky to have it..I have 3 forms of insurance...
Old 02-05-2006, 02:12 AM   #19
itsjustme
PIZZA *****!!!

Bike(s):
'05 CBR 1000RR/'01 cbr 929 project bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancinman
Well itsjustme..actually the police report is now stating it was the cop that hit Walter...preliminary investigation...always remember this could be any of us...not everyone has enough money to afford insurance most people have it from their jobs...so alot of people arent lucky to have it..I have 3 forms of insurance...
I know this could be any of us seeing that i've been through this myself. I did state that if they had a legit reason for not having insurance then it is understandable but I do not know the situation of the family. If it is in the police report then why doesn't the family keep us updated with real info instead of avoiding it.
itsjustme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 02:18 AM   #20
ratmzapa

Member Garage

Well like I said his is in bad shape and I am sure the last thing on the families mind is motohouston right now....I talked to his mom in person today....if you want I can give you her # or better yet you can go visit...`

Advertisement