MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-18-2009, 02:30 AM   #1
Moe-c-phus

Feedback Rating: (0)

LOST TITLE..HELP!!!

Help me people please. I just bought a motorcycle and b4 I got the chance to register it. I lost the title. The bill of sale is not from the owner but from the guy who bought the bike from the owner (u guyz know how these things go). Anyways, the original owner cant be reached. how can i get the bike transferred to my name please help.
Moe-c-phus is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
lost title tunaluna General Discussion (Moto Related) 12 03-12-2013 08:14 AM
Title Transfer Penalty or Claim Lost Title? Father of Two General Discussion (Moto Related) 18 08-15-2010 05:17 PM
getting title for bike with lost title... Bomb0314 General Discussion (Moto Related) 12 03-29-2010 12:47 AM
lost title nobike General Discussion (Moto Related) 13 11-18-2007 12:45 PM
lost title a.hendon General Discussion (Moto Related) 12 04-07-2007 09:54 AM
Advertisement
Old 03-18-2009, 03:23 AM   #2
jrob
cheers

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 5

Bike(s):
KTM 450 XC-F
DRZ 400 Kick/Motard Convert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe-c-phus View Post
Help me people please. I just bought a motorcycle and b4 I got the chance to register it. I lost the title. The bill of sale is not from the owner but from the guy who bought the bike from the owner (u guyz know how these things go). Anyways, the original owner cant be reached. how can i get the bike transferred to my name please help.

actually no. no i dont. in fact i bought my motorcycle from a dealer. generally i avoid sketchy situations like that as a rule. whole thing sounds pretty fishy to me.

thats a nice first post to by the way.

you suck
Old 03-18-2009, 03:56 AM   #3
Squared

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
2006 Kawasaki Ninja 650r
92' Nissan Pickup

Quote:
Orly?

Yeah... when I bought my bike from a third party I made sure not to lose the title, as it is kind of important. If you can't manage one piece of paper, do you think you can manage an expensive object which can be fairly deadly when improperly used?
Squared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 04:12 AM   #4
matemike
Grip it 'n' Rip it!

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2007 GSXR 750
2007 GSXR 600...tracked out

Member Garage

ride it like ya stole it..cuz technically they can say u did.

oh ya, welcome to MH...enjoy your stay
Old 03-18-2009, 06:44 AM   #5
train460
speed junky

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
88 v-max
05 Honda Goldwing
85 V-max (wifes)
05 Vtx 1300 (wifes)

Quote:
I am guessing that you will have to get a surety(sp) bond thru an insurance company, call around and ask for one. I had to get one on a bike with no title and it was like $200 and then apply for the title that way. Not that big of a deal just a bit of leg work. go to the tax office and tell them your story first and they will advise.
As u can tell from above posts that instead of offering the help you needed they would rather critisize.
later
Michael
88 v-max
train460 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 07:15 AM   #6
texlurch
Official MH tag inspector

Feedback Rating: (2)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600
00 TL1000R BOTM 07/12 (sold)

Member Garage

What kind of bike is it? Oh, and welcome!
.... Home of the "Black Ninja's"
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 07:24 AM   #7
bluewave18
Safety Third

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

call D&D Title in La Porte. They are pros at this type of thing.
bluewave18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 05:33 PM   #8
m.juju87
Wanted in 7 States.

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 4-8 months

Bike(s):
97 Yamaha YZF 600R

Go to the TXDOT website and download a bonded title form. Take the form to TXDOT, they will give u a letter to take to a bondsman. then go to a bondsman,which will cost around 100 dollars (for the bond). then go to the courthouse. and voila, u got urself a title...!!!
m.juju87 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement