MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Information > Events, Meets and Rides
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-17-2009, 04:46 PM   #1
tonyt915
"Fuckchix"

Feedback Rating: (19)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
08 Duc Duc Goose Superbike"sold"
08 CBR 6RR " sold"
84 Yamaha Big Wheel 200
76 HD FXE "sold
09 WR450F "sold"

Member Garage

River run in April

One of my friends just moved from lake Austin to San Marcos, so we were talking earlier about the river and how nice its gonna be, so we decided to get some friends together and float the river in April, curious if anyone would like to get a group together and ride the bikes out that way for the weekend in April. Not sure what weekend yet open to suggestions and depending on weather but I always have weekends off
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
River Run Race/practice 7-21-12 CarbonJames Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's..... 6 07-20-2012 09:28 AM
2012 Easter run April 7 shfireman Events, Meets and Rides 31 04-09-2012 12:09 AM
Poker Run out of Fulshear - April 2 (Saturday) Challen Events, Meets and Rides 11 03-31-2011 08:50 PM
Sunday Morning Crab River Run to MSRH for Parade Laps 9.13.09 Deano3090 Ridesmart Motorcycle School 10 09-12-2009 09:33 PM
Guadalupe river run MudBug Off Topic 7 04-09-2008 09:50 PM
Advertisement
Old 03-17-2009, 04:50 PM   #2
lbjasonc
Doin it big!

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
06 gsxr1Theezy

do they still have that b.s. law that u can only take a 6-pack sized cooler?
that's the reason i stopped goin a few years ago. i float that bad boy with 2 huge coolers!
Old 03-17-2009, 04:57 PM   #3
tonyt915
"Fuckchix"

Bike(s):
08 CBR 6RR " sold"
84 Yamaha Big Wheel 200
76 HD FXE "sold
09 WR450F "sold"

Member Garage

Not sure I heard about that but I don't think they enforced it. We were gonna float it last year with a keg since technically that would be considered one can.
Old 03-17-2009, 05:02 PM   #4
lbjasonc
Doin it big!

Bike(s):
06 gsxr1Theezy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyt915 View Post
Not sure I heard about that but I don't think they enforced it. We were gonna float it last year with a keg since technically that would be considered one can.
i like ur style

i make 200 jello shots, 3 cases of canned beer, case of redbulls, bottle of jager and 2 flavored vodka's that i put in the 2 liter plastic soda bottles
i shotgun my brew and throw my jello shots for boobies. so when they passed that law i lost interest in floating the river. a 6-pack wouldn't last me half an hour
Old 03-17-2009, 05:07 PM   #5
tonyt915
"Fuckchix"

Bike(s):
08 CBR 6RR " sold"
84 Yamaha Big Wheel 200
76 HD FXE "sold
09 WR450F "sold"

Member Garage

bro that's the way to do it, we would just bring about 4 cases of beer, couple bottles of whiskey and jager. I don't have the patience to make that many jello shots. Ill check with my friend about the law on how much can you bring
Old 03-17-2009, 05:39 PM   #6
Flip
zen in 2010

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
'02 750

here you go tony-

we've been going every year for memorial weekend and 4th of july for a long time. as long as you put(also means where bus departs from)in outside city limits your good. here's the official way to say it:(funnels and ice blocks are also prohibited)

Sec. 86-14. Coolers that are allowed on rivers, lakes and streams.

(a) (1) It shall be unlawful for anyone to use, carry, possess or dispose of a cooler that has a capacity greater than sixteen (16) quarts on or in the public waters of the portions of the Guadalupe River and Comal River that lie within the city limits and are defined herein. All coolers used, carried, and possessed on the Comal River and Guadalupe River shall be secured by a zipper, Velcro snap, mechanical latch, or bungee cord to prevent the contents of the cooler from falling out of the cooler.

(2) It shall be unlawful for anyone to use, carry or possess a container constructed of glass or Styrofoam on or in the public waters of the Guadalupe River or Comal River and each person is limited to one (1) cooler.

(3) It shall be unlawful for anyone to dispose of any container into the waters or banks of the Guadalupe River or Comal River unless it is disposed into a properly authorized and placed trash receptacle;

(4) It shall be unlawful for anyone to use, carry, possess or dispose of an open container with a volume capacity of 5 fluid ounces or less on or in the public waters of the portions of the Guadalupe River, Lake Dunlap and Comal River that lie within the city limits; and

(5) For purposes of this section “container” means a bottle, can, or other receptacle; “open container” means a container that is open, that has been opened, that has a broken seal, or the contents of which are fully or partially removed; and “cooler” means a receptacle or apparatus capable of cooling or keeping cold food and drinks and which can carry more than one container.

The phrase “on or in the public waters” does not include being on a landing, dock, wharf, deck, or other structure that is attached to and is a part of private property that is adjacent to the Guadalupe River or Comal River.

The term “Comal River” means that portion of the Comal River or the diversion of the Comal River that starts at the confluence with Dry Comal Creek and ends at the confluence with the Guadalupe River. The term “Guadalupe River” means that portion of the Guadalupe River that starts at the Gruene Bridge and ends at the Mill Dam.
Old 03-17-2009, 05:40 PM   #7
Flip
zen in 2010

Bike(s):
'02 750

jason,

what do you drink the rest of the weekend?
Old 03-17-2009, 05:41 PM   #8
KillinTime

Bike(s):
13' Cbr1000rr
Suzuki Boulevard

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyt915 View Post
One of my friends just moved from lake Austin to San Marcos, so we were talking earlier about the river and how nice its gonna be, so we decided to get some friends together and float the river in April, curious if anyone would like to get a group together and ride the bikes out that way for the weekend in April. Not sure what weekend yet open to suggestions and depending on weather but I always have weekends off
Lucky SOB
KillinTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 05:48 PM   #9
tonyt915
"Fuckchix"

Bike(s):
08 CBR 6RR " sold"
84 Yamaha Big Wheel 200
76 HD FXE "sold
09 WR450F "sold"

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillInTime View Post
Lucky SOB
Never worked a weekend since I graduated, its so nice.
Old 03-17-2009, 05:50 PM   #10
Herf
Drum Geek.

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2010 CBR 1000RR Witch!
Yours
Your Neighbors
Your Neighbors Neighbors
SPCA Lifted

I'd be down. My friends and I have been going many years now! camp or rent...bring it.
Old 03-17-2009, 05:58 PM   #11
tonyt915
"Fuckchix"

Bike(s):
08 CBR 6RR " sold"
84 Yamaha Big Wheel 200
76 HD FXE "sold
09 WR450F "sold"

Member Garage

Id be down for camping
Old 03-17-2009, 08:36 PM   #12
lbjasonc
Doin it big!

Bike(s):
06 gsxr1Theezy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flip View Post
what do you drink the rest of the weekend?
more budlight

sometimes we camp at those grounds right after rockin r and sometimes we just party in austin after the river. campin is awesome though, ain't nothin like drinkin it up with some good friends around a bonfire
Old 03-17-2009, 08:55 PM   #13
neiN

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
2003 Yamaha R6

Member Garage

i'd be down for it as long as it is after the weekend of april 12th and if this happens jason we need to bring my chairs they are prefect for this
neiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 10:33 PM   #14
Scatter

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 4-8 months

that sounds fun! if me and D are both free that weekend and money is good and we have a sitter () we will def go. but we will cage it so we can bring tents and coolers and clothes and etc..
Scatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 11:41 AM   #15
The Black Sheepdog
Derp

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
09 600RA
06 F4i
fiddy

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to The Black Sheepdog
I'm in like motherfkn Flynn.