MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-13-2009, 06:51 PM   #1
Ridesmart

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
07 Kawasaki ZX-6R Track
05 CBR 600RR Track

Exclamation THREAD DEDICATED TO: Rider who crashed into GZX6R at MSRH on March 7, 2009

I want to post this thread, and address it to the person who attended the MSRH RideSmart event on March 7, 2009, and caused a crash in which GZX6R sustained serious injury.

I will not judge you. I was not there, I did not observe what happened. I know GZX6R was going into a turn and you T-boned him while trying to pass on the inside.

We are trying to find out what happened. Maybe you had a reason for riding in such way. Maybe there was something wrong. We really want to find out all pieces of this puzzle so that we can reconstruct what happened and see if we can take steps to avoid such things in the future.
I also understand that after you crashed into him, you did not approach anyone at RideSmart, or anyone at all for that matter, to admit that you in fact were the person who injured GZX6R.

The action of shirking your responsibility as a human being is very disgusting. We all know that crashes happen. The least you could have done is approach Dave (in private if you felt appropriate), to tell him that you crashed into GZX6R, and try to explain why. We are not police officers, and we are not authorized nor inclined to perform summary judgments and hand out of sentences. We understand an accident is unintentional. If only you had been forthright enough to admit you made a mistake, and approach the injured rider to let him know you care as another human. That would have been the least your conscience should have dictated you do.

We do not seek any action against you. We cannot. GZX6R sustained serious injuries because of your riding. Some of his equipment has been damaged, his health and maybe the health of his relative (who apparently has heart problems and may not take the news well) is at stake.

I call to you and your conscience to contact us and/or GZX6R to own up to this, and take account of your actions. We are interested in what happened for the safety of all riders. GZX6R will be very interested to find out what was going through your mind.
I know it will be hard. However, I have seen many riders who after a crash had the courage to approach the injured rider and at least say - it was me, I apologize, I did not mean for this to happen.
Those words alone will bring some closure to the injured person.

I am not trying to dictate what you do, maybe your good side will listen and you will contact us. If you decide to do so, you can call Dave at 512.469.9491. You can also contact us vie email at ridesmart@mac.com, ridesmartcw@gmail.com. We also are available via PMs, or you can use this thread if you choose this appropriate.
It is time you step up as a person to this task.

As to all other riders who attended this track day AND SAW THE CRASH first hand (no second hand opinions) , please chime in on this thread. Try to remember anything about the situation, anything about the rider who crashed into GZX6R. Any details at all will be helpful.

GZX6R, we wish you a speedy recovery, and to you, the one who crashed into him, we appeal to come to your senses and do the right thing.

RideSmart Motorcycle School Staff
www.RideSmart.Info
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ride Smart EVENT CHANGE - 9.12.2009 & 10.03.2009 @MSRH Ridesmart Ridesmart Motorcycle School 10 08-27-2009 03:53 PM
RideSmart Carpool Thread - 7.03.2009 & 7.04.2009 @ ECR Ridesmart Ridesmart Motorcycle School 5 06-19-2009 09:36 AM
march 7 pictures msrh? chase Video's and Photo's 14 03-11-2009 06:42 PM
Another thread dedicated to TUAN!!!! HoustonGixxer Moto Insurance 0 04-08-2008 06:58 PM
This thread is dedicated to michellies new avatar .... elemental2 Off Topic 125 08-23-2006 02:05 PM
Advertisement
Old 03-13-2009, 07:07 PM   #2
Hooligan
Presrvtionthrudestruction

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
08 CBR 600rr
06 GSXR600
07 Honda crf50 (stunt)
Your mom

Send a message via AIM to Hooligan
WELL SAID!

Man up and say something HIT and RUNNER!
I learned the awesomeness that is Hooligan.
Never trust your own eyes, believe what you are told.
Old 03-13-2009, 07:09 PM   #3
Charliebrown

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
zzr

yeah, it sucks no one has came forward yet.
Old 03-13-2009, 07:15 PM   #4
dudewhrsmybike

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
2011 Kawasaki ZX-10R ABS

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to dudewhrsmybike
Great post Ciaka. Hopefully we can get some answers so some good will come out of all of this and Ride Smart (and other org's as well) can improve on anything they deem needing improvement to give their TD's a better and SAFER atmosphere
Old 03-13-2009, 07:17 PM   #5
Brena23
Mothernugget

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
2005 CRF450R - tarded
Scooter- 2004 metropoliten
Mini-RM 65
2006 GSXR 1000

Its going to be hard to find out who it was a week after the fact and not knowing if the person is in fact on MH.

I hope whoever it is comes clean if nothing more than a simple I screwed up this is what happened and to appoligize. Accidents do happen and everyone that does trackdays or works for them knows this. Admitting you made a mistake may be tuff but at the end of the day I know my concience would be clear.

Satan ButtNuggets Mothernugget
Old 03-13-2009, 07:18 PM   #6
cdill35

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2014 Phoenix 921 Pro XP w/ Merc 250 ProXS
11 Yam Zuma 125
Specialized Stumpy

He fessed up and he is not a member of mh. He is on another forum. U can shut this one down.
Old 03-13-2009, 07:18 PM   #7
NorthHoustonGSXR
Yes I do.

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
2006 GSX 600R
mystery bike
2000 CBR600F4 track only (SOLD)

what level was this?

xdng33m4iv
GOVERNMENT IS THE REAL MIDDLE MAN. COMMON BUSINESS PRACTICE IS TO ELIMINATE THE MIDDLE MAN.
Old 03-13-2009, 07:26 PM   #8
blends
NYYYYYYEAAOWWWWWW

Experience: 2 years

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to blends
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdill35 View Post
He fessed up and he is not a member of mh. He is on another forum. U can shut this one down.
link?
Old 03-13-2009, 07:34 PM   #9
texlurch
Official MH tag inspector

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600
00 TL1000R BOTM 07/12 (sold)

Member Garage

(from the other forum) Two sides to every story:

Graeme,
I'm terribly sorry for what happened on Saturday. I didn't anticipate us colliding and it never crossed my mind as even a possibility until the moment I couldn't believe it myself. (To clarify this happened during the second session, not the round robin.) To be honest this was my first time on this track but nowhere near my first ride. If you ask me I felt like I was the one that was hit. I'm sure you had your line set and it's apparent that I crossed into it but I feel like you were not following with the line of the track. At the time I started to pass you were no where near the apex/clip point of the corner. I had more than the safe distance of 6 feet to where you were to my side. At that time I was next to the paint, I had more corner speed and when we hit I was already ahead of you and still next to the paint. Bottom line, it was an accident. In hindsight I shouldn't have passed you and if I had the chance to do it over I would have done it differently.
I can't express how bad I feel and there's nothing I can really do to pay you back for what happened. I did look back after we hit and I raised my hand to see if you were okay, because you didn't respond I thought you were okay. It never occurred to me that anything more than a small bump had happened. Neither of us lost control so it never crossed my mind to pullover. I didn't hear about you being hurt until after I had finished that track session. As soon as one of the by standers described what had happened I couldn't believe it. I even asked a person who saw it happen and they said it wasn't my bike that did it. I didn't know what to think. I did see you in the infield but it never crossed my mind that I had anything to do with why you were there until long after the session was over. I am very sorry for your situation. If there is anything I can do to help, I will. I wish you the best in your recovery and I look forward to seeing you back at the track.
-Sebastian

.... Home of the "Black Ninja's"
Old 03-13-2009, 07:45 PM   #10
dudewhrsmybike

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
2011 Kawasaki ZX-10R ABS

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to dudewhrsmybike
EXACTLY what Texlurch said, 2 sides to every story.
I just read it myself as well.
I was giving the rider in question the benefit of the doubt from the beginning.
Glad he could tell his side of the story.
Old 03-13-2009, 08:47 PM   #11
Scorpio
Twist the Grip, Let'r Rip

Feedback Rating: (6)

450x sumo (sold)
RC51 (sold)
Honda Grom 125(sold)

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to Scorpio
I know that turn can be confusing as heck your first few times through there. I kinda figured there was more to the story and I'm glad the other party finally came forward. Hopefully something has been learned from all this.
Closed Thread

Advertisement