Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-02-2006, 07:26 PM   #1
ends big egos

Feedback Rating: (0)

WALTER NEEDS OUR SUPPORT!

Hey guys i spent some time talking to walters mom and she was hoping that walters friends could send him cards, i say we flood him wiht cards. he seems to be having minor memory problems, for all you guys that met him or rode with him i think itd be a good idea if you right him a little letter about something you guys mighta done maybe a ride or somethign to help jog his memory and keep him from getting bored. Id hate to lay in a bed all day lets atleast give him something to look forward to too. Post away
ends big egos is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Walter and Louie memert Awesome Cycles MSF Riding Courses 3 07-04-2011 08:25 PM
OK... NEW WALTER THREAD...HOW IS HE?? FastLine General Discussion (Moto Related) 112 05-31-2006 06:26 PM
HOW IS WALTER DOING????? FastLine General Discussion (Moto Related) 5 03-14-2006 08:56 PM
Gonna go see walter Buck Nasty General Discussion (Moto Related) 4 03-13-2006 01:35 AM
Advertisement
Old 02-02-2006, 07:26 PM   #2
ends big egos

ignore all typos im at work looking over my shoulder!!
Old 02-02-2006, 07:57 PM   #3
jetcycles
DRIVEN BY ANGER

Feedback Rating: (14)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
1950 Chevy Deluxe
1980 Honda CT70
1987 Kawasaki 650SX
1996 Honda Z50

sounds good bro, got the addy to hermann hospital? I've already gathered some magazines to send him, so i may as well write to him too.
jetcycles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 11:16 PM   #4
ends big egos

Memorial Hermann Texas Medical Center
6411 Fannin
Houston, Texas 77030
713-704-4000

Lets do it guys, his mom seems really distressed, i hear the nurses there are neglecting him and he had trouble calling for help. If i was in his shoes letters and cards from my friends would really help..
Old 02-03-2006, 12:09 AM   #5
NOSRAVENFAMILY

THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH ENDS BIG EGOS "YOUR THE BEST" PLEASE ALL FIND IT IN YOUR HEARTS TO PLEASE SEND ANYTHING WALTER'S WAY TO ENCOURAGE HIM TO GET BETTER AND KNOW HE HAS NOT BEEN FORGOTTEN....AS ONE OF THE NASTY NURSES DID TO HIM.....I KEEP READING THE EMAILS TO HIM AND HE STILL HAS ANOTHER SURGERY SET FOR SATURDAY AND WILL STILL NEED A LOT OF RECOVERY TIME AND PRAYERS HIS WAY....I THANK YOU ALL FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART AND I PROMISE WHEN MY SON GETS ALL BETTER WE ARE GOING TO THROW THE LARGEST PARTY THAT CONROE/MONTGOMERY HAS EVER SEEN! THANK YOU ALL AND PLEASE WEAR YOUR HELMETS AND RIDE SAFE....WALLY AND SHERRY DERINGIS "WALTER'S PARENTS"

Last edited by NOSRAVENFAMILY; 02-03-2006 at 12:04 PM.
NOSRAVENFAMILY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 12:13 AM   #6
thatboygeorge
powpows ftw

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
05 r6

Send a message via AIM to thatboygeorge
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOSRAVENFAMILY
THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH ENDS BIG EGOS "YOUR THE BEST" PLEASE ALL FIND IT IN YOUR HEATS TO PLEASE SEND ANYTHING WALTER'S WAY TO ENCOURAGE HIM TO GET BETTER AND KNOW HE HAS NOT BEEN FORGOTTEN....AS ONE OF THE NASTY NURSES DID TO HIM.....I KEEP READING THE EMAILS TO HIM AND HE STILL HAS ANOTHER SURGERY SET FOR SATURDAY AND WILL STILL NEED A LOT OF RECOVERY TIME AND PRAYERS HIS WAY....I THANK YOU ALL FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART AND I PROMISE WHEN MY SON GETS ALL BETTER WE ARE GOING TO THROW THE LARGEST PARTY THAT CONROE/MONTGOMERY HAS EVER SEEN! THANK YOU ALL AND PLEASE WEAR YOUR HELMETS AND RIDE SAFE....WALLY AND SHERRY DERINGIS "WALTER'S PARENTS"
woohooo parrrley(sarcastically).... i never met him but i do wish the best of luck to yall and yall will be in my prayers
thatboygeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 01:10 AM   #7
BigC
AKA Big Daddy

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
88"HURRICANE 1000 ( crashed ) / 98"Z-71 1500 4x4 / 06" Nissan Sentra Spec - V 6 Speed / ZX-7 Ninja

Yeah - I never met him ither but if you all don't mind I would like to put him on the prayer list at my church. That way my whole church will lift him up in prayer.
BigC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 01:19 AM   #8
batman007

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
2006 R6S

ive never met walter, but my hopes and prayers go out to walter and his family, best wishes and goodluck
im at texas medical center about every other day delivering medical records, where can i find him, ICU?, and who can i give my card to?? thanks, maybe a room number will help
Old 02-03-2006, 12:13 PM   #9
NOSRAVENFAMILY

WALTER WAS PUT BACK INTO THE ICU UNIT LAST NIGHT, HE IS IN SECTION SIMU AND IS IN BED 2 ON THE ROBERTSON SECTION/UNIT. HE IS IN SERIOUS BUT STABLE CONDITION AND WILL BE GOING INTO SURGERY AGAIN ON SATURDAY....SO PLEASE PRAYERS ARE NEEDED AND BELIVE ME, WE WILL NEVER FORGET YOU ALL WHO HAVE REALLY HELPED WALTER, MYSELF "HIS MOM" AND HIS FATHER THREW THE WORST TIME IN OUR LIVES.....WALTER, IS STRONG, VERY KIND HEARTED AND HAS MADE SO MANY WONDERFUL FRIENDS FAST HERE. THANKS TO ALL WHO SENT ME STORIES OF RIDDING WITH MY SON AND THE NICE THINGS HE HAS DONE FOR YOU RIDERS WHO ACTUALLY WENT DOWN, ITS SO NICE TO KNOW, HE STAYED BY YOUR SIDES WHEN YOU NEEDED SOMEONE TILL YOUR FAMILIES ARRIVED. PLEASE IF YOU HAVE A CHANCE SEND A GET WELL MESSAGE VIA EMAIL TO NOSRAVENR1@AOL. OR SEND HIM A GET WELL CARD! BLESS YOU ALL WITH FUN AND SAFE RIDES AND PLEASE WEAR A HELMET....DERINGIS FAMILY
Old 02-03-2006, 01:21 PM   #10
ratmzapa

Member Garage

No worries my support is behind Walter 200%....I just wish we could show our support by physical appearance...
Old 02-03-2006, 02:09 PM   #11
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
lots of em

<~~~ has Walter in the prayers

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
ScooterTrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 02:18 PM   #12
flip326
No likey, no bikey

Experience: 7 years
Trackdays: 9

Bike(s):
'07 GSXR-750 (sold)
'05 zx6r Monster (sold)
'03 600rr track (sold)
'04 600rr Eurobet (sold)
'05 gsxr 600 (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScooterTrash
<~~~ has Walter in the prayers
+1......i know whats its like to be in the hospital for a while....

feel better.
Old 02-03-2006, 02:30 PM   #13
Greenway Smokey
Super duper member!

Bike(s):
'04 1200XL

Send a message via AIM to Greenway Smokey
How about the next time we all meet out on a ride (ie. PP1) some one bring a bunch of cards and then we can all sit and write something or sign them, and then mail them off the next day?

I'll volunteer to pick up the cards. Y'all let me know when the next meet is. The official walter ride is Sunday right?
Old 02-03-2006, 02:36 PM   #14
Nupe2L
I bet my Pipes are louder

Bike(s):
Which one??

Send a message via AIM to Nupe2L Send a message via Yahoo to Nupe2L
Praying atleast 3x's a day for Walter as well as his entire family!
Nupe2L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 01:40 AM   #15
NOSRAVENFAMILY

UPDATE: WALTER'S CONDITION: HE HAS BRAIN TRAUMA, THAT WE ARE TOLD WILL TAKE SIX TO EIGHT WEEKS TO FIND OUT HOW MUCH DAMAGE HE WILL BE LEFT WITH AND WHAT WE WILL HAVE TO WORK WITH. THE BRAIN DAMAGE ALSO CAUSED WALTER'S LEFT ARM NOT TO WORK, NO MOVMENT AT ALL SO FAR. WE ARE HOPING IT WILL BE LIKE A LIGHT SWITCH AND JUST TURN BACK ON....WE PRAY! HE NOW SEEMS TO BE HAVING AN ISSUE WITH HIS LEFT EYE AS WELL, DRS. WILL LOOK CLOSER AT THAT SITUTAION TODAY. WALTER HAS A LARGE PIN STICKING OUT OF HIS BIG TOE THAT HAS BEEN RESET, THE BONE WAS OUT OF THE BOTTOM OF THE TOE, THEY ARE LETTING IT HEAL FROM THE INSIDE OUT AND HE ALSO HAS A NEW PROBLEM THAT WAS CAUSED BY THE HOSPITAL AND NURSES NOT KEEPING AN EYE ON HIS DRESSING ON HIS FOOT WHICH WE ARE TOLD WILL MAYBE NEED SURGERY TO MAKE LOOK BETTER BUT WILL NEVER CORRECT COMPLETELY ON HIS RIGHT FOOT. WALTER IS IN A PRIVATE ROOM ON THE 6TH FLOOR AND DUE TO HIS BRAIN INJURY, HE HAS A LOT OF MEMORY LOSS AND SAYS THINGS THAT I NEVER EVER HEARD COME OUT OF HIS MOUTH. HE HAS MOMENTS OF CLARITY, BUT STILL A LOT IN A DAZE AND CONFUSED, ALSO GETS VERY RESTLESS AS WELL. HE WILL NEED A LOT OF THERAPY TO HELP HIM AND NOW DRS. SAY THAT WE JUST WORK WITH HIM AND WAIT TO SEE HOW THE BRAIN WILL HEAL. SO PLEASE LOOK INTO YOUR HEARTS AND SAY A PRAYER WALTER'S WAY AND I KNOW THE LORD HEARS US, BECAUSE HE IS LETTING ME KEEP MY ONLY CHILD AND I THANK YOU ALL FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART.....BLESS YOU ALL AND PLEASE RIDE SAFE...
Old 02-16-2006, 08:44 AM   #16
NOSRAVENFAMILY

Right now, no Visitors for the first week of rehab, they plan to work his off and see how much he can do and they can get him to do. But will post when he can have visitors. When he gets home, I would like to have a big Bar-B-Q, with the help of you wonderful MotoHouston folks and show him he has a lot of friends who care! If anyone would like to send him a GET WELL CARD! It would be appreciated, he seems to like getting messages and cards so please send them to: TIRR C/O Walter Deringis 307-2, 1333 Moursund Street Houston, Texas 77030. Thanks again to all for your prayers!
Old 02-16-2006, 09:11 AM   #17
Btrthnezr3
It means Better Than Ezra

Send a message via AIM to Btrthnezr3
I've kind of kept out of the situation because of all the "outside issues" being brought up, but I just wanted to express my well wishes and sorrow for the tragedy that has occured. Eventhough I didn't know Walter, I hope for only the best for him and his family as he works towards recovery.
Btrthnezr3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 09:30 AM   #18
bdmpastx
The Cripple

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2009 Nissan GTR - sold
2015 Nissan GTR

Good old TIRR...I was there for a while...in June and December thru January. He must be on third floor..the brain injury level. Anyways, tell DR. Parsons Brian Montgomery said Hi. It's pretty sad seeing all those people in there with the injuries that they have from different accidents. It kinda makes you happy to know that things could have been worse. It really puts a perspective on things. Let Walter know that people care.
Old 02-16-2006, 01:29 PM   #19
joselopez
DOMEPEPE

Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
GSX-R750

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOSRAVENFAMILY
Right now, no Visitors for the first week of rehab, they plan to work his off and see how much he can do and they can get him to do. But will post when he can have visitors. When he gets home, I would like to have a big Bar-B-Q, with the help of you wonderful MotoHouston folks and show him he has a lot of friends who care! If anyone would like to send him a GET WELL CARD! It would be appreciated, he seems to like getting messages and cards so please send them to: TIRR C/O Walter Deringis 307-2, 1333 Moursund Street Houston, Texas 77030. Thanks again to all for your prayers!
Thanks for all the info. my BEST to your family.

Advertisement