MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-12-2009, 05:46 PM   #61
Solracer
MotoHouston.com Owner.

Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2006 YZF600R (Street)
2009 Iron 883

Member Garage

+1 I think the "mandatory" rider meetings should actually be "mandatory"
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
HalfFast - Trailer spot open for msrh this Sunday with Ridesmart r6racer Ridesmart Motorcycle School 9 09-15-2014 11:05 AM
Ridesmart MSRH - June 23th - RideSmart is back floyd600 Ridesmart Motorcycle School 307 07-01-2012 10:18 PM
Ridesmart NOLA 4/21-4/22 - Open for Registration!! D03Cobra Ridesmart Motorcycle School 5 12-26-2011 07:53 AM
Advertisement
Old 03-12-2009, 07:49 PM   #62
logan5

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
2001 SV 650 (my track ), 2005 SV 650s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave C View Post
can't stress enough this was the second session. first session consisted of the round robin where instructors took them around the track showing the lines.
Ahhh... did not notice that ...
Old 03-12-2009, 08:23 PM   #63
pdrich

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
1978 KZ1000 Z1-R
2007 ZX-6R
1998 BMW R1100GS

It was my first trip down to check out the action. I have not done any track days. I saw what went down and watched the Helo-Evack out of the the track. Not sure if I want to try a first time here. Looked like to much fun tho, untill the Helicoper ride out. Just my 2-cents.
PDRICH in NW Houston
pdrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 08:27 PM   #64
slowblack05
please

Experience: 1-3 months

glad to hear your ok for sure!

but wasn't this done in the novice group???

group 2 is novice correct me if im wrong???
Old 03-12-2009, 08:34 PM   #65
ThomAss
I like to ride

Feedback Rating: (0)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
07 CBR1000rr
06 CBR1000rr
05 CRF450r
09 Ruckus

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowblack05 View Post
glad to hear your ok for sure!

but wasn't this done in the novice group???

group 2 is novice correct me if im wrong???
2 is intermediate. 1 is novice.
Old 03-12-2009, 08:51 PM   #66
slowblack05
please

ohhhhh, i never knew that, thanks for the info thomassssssss
Old 03-12-2009, 09:04 PM   #67
Jetkillr
Trackdays:7 Crashes:3

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
2001 SV650S
2001 R6 SOLD

Member Garage

whenever i wanted to move up to intermediate with TTD i just had an instructor follow me a few laps to make sure i knew the line and was fast enough. i would request the same if i was riding with ridesmart. i think if Ride Smart kept track of who rode with them maybe this might not have been a problem. if someone wants to start off fresh with a new organization they should be under the watchful eye of an instuctor atleast for the beginning portion of the day.
Jetkillr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 09:06 PM   #68
maxgs

Member Garage

Quote:
can't stress enough this was the second session. first session consisted of the round robin where instructors took them around the track showing the lines.

second session was there first time to get out there and ride. Can't blame instructors and control riders for something that happened so early. corner workers too did not have much of a chance imo.

the only people at fault are the ones who were passing on the inside, the ones who did not make a safe pass, the ones who broke the rules. end of story
Speaking of moving chicanes in Level 4, let me introduce Dave C. Ba ha ha ha.
Old 03-12-2009, 10:01 PM   #69
maxgs

Member Garage

Quote:
ouch
You are in all of my videos.
Old 03-12-2009, 10:21 PM   #70
S_M_J82
Prime Time!!!

Feedback Rating: (3)

2003 kawasaki z1000

Send a message via AIM to S_M_J82
Quote:
i noticed in the ones i've seen. i personally like the one where i cut you off or atleast it looked that way
i still like the dancing one, but back to topic!!! you mod
Old 03-13-2009, 12:32 AM   #71
Wormgear

Bike(s):
Kawi C-14
07 R6 track

Somebody tell me why this wouldn't have happened in level 1 or even 4? A guy riding over his head and not attending the classroom, charges so irresponsibly into a turn that he basically t bones someone in the second session. That individual should have been black flagged and taken off the track for at least one session then watched carefully and sent home if he couldn't control himself. I imagine this (or something like it) would have happened had he not taken someone out so early in the day (nobody saw it coming). Anyway back to my question, In what level would this douche-bag bag not have crashed into someone?
Old 03-13-2009, 12:55 AM   #72
mojo
Platinum Member

Bike(s):
2006 R6

This sounds like a problem of someone not following the rules and this can happen in any level and I have seen it in different track day orgs. All it takes is one person to make a bonehead move.

Sorry to hear you got banged up.
Old 03-13-2009, 08:30 AM   #73
Chubby Racer
The Confusion

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
'07 R6
'02 KLX110(tarded)

Send a message via ICQ to Chubby Racer Send a message via AIM to Chubby Racer Send a message via MSN to Chubby Racer Send a message via Yahoo to Chubby Racer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solracer View Post
+1 I think the "mandatory" rider meetings should actually be "mandatory"

Thats harder to do for Ride Smart than it is for any other organziation. Getting people to come to the riders meeting is like herding cats, and Ride Smart has the most cats to herd.
A motorcycle is a joy machine. It's a machine of wonders, a metal bird, a motorized prosthetic. It's light and dark and shiny and dirty and warm and cold lapping over each other; it's a conduit of grace, it's a catalyst for bonding the gritty and the holy.

CMRA #302
Chubby Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 09:09 AM   #74
bikes~r~hot

Member Garage

Hope you have a speedy recovery, and better luck when you decide to go back out on the track
Old 03-13-2009, 09:16 AM   #75
Grinchy

Feedback Rating: (15)

Bike(s):
'prila

Quote:
Originally Posted by po-po 5.0 View Post
Thats harder to do for Ride Smart than it is for any other organziation. Getting people to come to the riders meeting is like herding cats, and Ride Smart has the most cats to herd.

Adopt the UK system.
Rider briefing is mandatory,
at the end of the briefing you collect a wristband (different colour for each event),
as you line up to go out onto the track a steward/marshall checks you have a wristband.
No wristband = no ride, simple
these checks occur throughout the day.
Grinchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 09:41 AM   #76
level5
moving chicane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinchy View Post
Adopt the UK system.
Rider briefing is mandatory,
at the end of the briefing you collect a wristband (different colour for each event),
as you line up to go out onto the track a steward/marshall checks you have a wristband.
No wristband = no ride, simple
these checks occur throughout the day.
They do that here, you sign the waiver and get the wristband so if case like this happens, you have no one else to blame but yourself. Knowing that this is a dangerous hobby/sport and you take part of it. Rider's meeting is mandatory and even level4/racers guys attend it. It's just a reinforce reminder that this is a trackday not a race day. Things like this happens because it's the nature of the game. It may have been avoided but make mistakes and happens.
level5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 09:53 AM   #77
maxgs

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by level5 View Post
They do that here, you sign the waiver and get the wristband so if case like this happens, you have no one else to blame but yourself. Knowing that this is a dangerous hobby/sport and you take part of it. Rider's meeting is mandatory and even level4/racers guys attend it. It's just a reinforce reminder that this is a trackday not a race day. Things like this happens because it's the nature of the game. It may have been avoided but make mistakes and happens.
Larry Meyers was telling me that it was like a 10K fine to miss the riders meeting at Daytona. That would get your attention.
Old 03-13-2009, 10:03 AM   #78
Grinchy

Bike(s):
'prila

Quote:
Originally Posted by level5 View Post
I was referring purely to the attendance or lack of it at "mandatory" rider briefings, nothing else .
Old 03-13-2009, 10:07 AM   #79
Grinchy

Bike(s):
'prila

Quote:
that is a very good idea but i could easily see someone just taking off the band and not going to the meeting. noobs are the concern though and they wouldn't knwo about that little trick.

i say it should be tried then force them to sit in a meeting while their session is going on. they missed it and it was their fault. it might make some people mad and turn them off but ummm safety should come first. that is always stressed so why not truly enforce some rules and stick to them =). my .02

not sure I follow you,
this particular wristband or marker I'm referring to is given out at the end of the briefing, at the briefing!!
If you don't attend you don't get one so you won't be allowed onto the circuit.
Old 03-13-2009, 10:21 AM   #80
dhdrider

Bike(s):
08 KTM 300 XC-W

As a RideSmart staff member I can asure you we are watching this thread and appreciate the constructive feedback/suggestions, etc. I live in Austin (as does Ciaka) and we meet w/ Dave on a regular basis, usually once a week during the track season. We have already had discussions w/ him this week about some things we will be doing to address this.

Again, these suggestions are appreciated and being acted on.

Graeme, I sent you a PM...

2008 KTM 200 XC

Klim Technical Riding Gear
Maine Root Handcrafted Beverages
Retail Resource Group
Primus Real Estate Services
TORCS #301
TSCEC #1114
dhdrider is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement