Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-12-2009, 03:31 PM   #41
Chubby Racer
The Confusion

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'07 R6
'02 KLX110(tarded)

Send a message via ICQ to Chubby Racer Send a message via AIM to Chubby Racer Send a message via MSN to Chubby Racer Send a message via Yahoo to Chubby Racer
Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
except when they take a rider out like this post...........
Which is somehow impossible in novice
A motorcycle is a joy machine. It's a machine of wonders, a metal bird, a motorized prosthetic. It's light and dark and shiny and dirty and warm and cold lapping over each other; it's a conduit of grace, it's a catalyst for bonding the gritty and the holy.

CMRA #302
Chubby Racer is online now   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
HalfFast - Trailer spot open for msrh this Sunday with Ridesmart r6racer Ridesmart Motorcycle School 9 09-15-2014 11:05 AM
Ridesmart MSRH - June 23th - RideSmart is back floyd600 Ridesmart Motorcycle School 307 07-01-2012 10:18 PM
Ridesmart NOLA 4/21-4/22 - Open for Registration!! D03Cobra Ridesmart Motorcycle School 5 12-26-2011 07:53 AM
Advertisement
Old 03-12-2009, 03:34 PM   #42
ThomAss
I like to ride

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
07 CBR1000rr
06 CBR1000rr
05 CRF450r
09 Ruckus

Quote:
Originally Posted by po-po 5.0 View Post
Which is somehow impossible in novice
Wrecks don't happen in the novice group.

Old 03-12-2009, 03:35 PM   #43
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Send a message via AIM to dbuck
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdill35 View Post
If I had never ridden with, say TTD but I was a level 4 rider at Ridesmart. And TTD policy was that i MUST ride level 1, first.... I would not go. I dont think that is a feasible solution.
I agree with ya there...placing a rule like this would certainly turn people off.
dbuck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 03:38 PM   #44
lbjasonc
Doin it big!

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
06 gsxr1Theezy

i know ur frustration as i also went down during the 2nd session. i've gotten my opinion heard and dealt with. i, like u was ridin what we were told was a "round rodin" lap and others were instructed to "have at it" if u will. the reason i went down is all similar to ur accident. i had riders on both my left and right side turning in the diamonds edge, thus causing me to lowside. i'll leave off with this though, ridesmart as a whole is a great group of intelligent and helpful people led by a standup guy (dave wonders)

hope u heal fast bro
Old 03-12-2009, 03:46 PM   #45
lbjasonc
Doin it big!

Bike(s):
06 gsxr1Theezy

"round robin"
Old 03-12-2009, 03:48 PM   #46
quEEn B
FEROSH!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbjasonc View Post
"round robin"
i was like WTH is "round rodin?"
quEEn B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 03:49 PM   #47
lbjasonc
Doin it big!

Bike(s):
06 gsxr1Theezy

Quote:
Originally Posted by quEEn B View Post
i was like WTH is "round rodin?"
leave it to queen b to bust my chops
Old 03-12-2009, 03:50 PM   #48
quEEn B
FEROSH!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbjasonc View Post
leave it to queen b to bust my chops
IDK what your talkin bout?
quEEn B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 03:51 PM   #49
S.D.W.
...Ready

Bike(s):
2011 ZX10 Racebike
2010 Crf450r
2009 zx6 race bike
2009 ttr110

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLSGAP View Post
Graeme

Glad you're not worse off. something like that could have turned VERY messy quick.

The first time I rode with Ride Smart I was told that despite my previous track experience (former WERA racer and multiple track days in the past) I should start in group1 since they weren't familiar with me. I guess that rule may have been overlooked in this case. But its the riders responsibility to admit they're a first timer. I know there was atleast one other 1st timer in group2 that was fast sure... but needs work.

That 1st timer could use ALOT of work
Then again everyone could use work on their riding. I am very willing to take advice and pointers as well. Mainly for my personal riding ablity, safety for myself and those around me, but this post isn't about me.

Graeme, I am truly sorry to hear about your incident and send you prayers for a speedy recovery. Its a shame the person responsible did not admit fault or make sure you were ok or do something to that nature. I'm sure you will make the best decision to tell your moms or not. As hard as it may be right now, try and stay positive and chalk this off as experience.
Good luck to you sir
Old 03-12-2009, 03:57 PM   #50
ileono918
On hiatus

Feedback Rating: (4)

Trackdays: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdill35 View Post
Ed-

If I had never ridden with, say TTD but I was a level 4 rider at Ridesmart. And TTD policy was that i MUST ride level 1, first.... I would not go. I dont think that is a feasible solution.
Why not Sport Bike Track Time does it. If you want to ride another level you have to send them your CMRA license or other org racer license, if not, you MUST ride novice.

I think that rule should be enforced, new to the org, go to novice group. At least for a couple of sesions followed by an instructor. Prove them you are safe to other riders, that is the key, being safer at the track.

For what I've read (I wasn't there) both accidents (Jason's and Graeme's) happened because the track was packed, again that is just my interpretation.
ileono918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 03:59 PM   #51
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ileono918 View Post
Why not Sport Bike Track Time does it. If you want to ride another level you have to send them your CMRA license or other org racer license, if not, you MUST ride novice.

I think that rule should be enforced, new to the org, go to novice group. At least for a couple of sesions followed by an instructor. Prove them you are safe to other riders, that is the key, being safer at the track.

For what I've read (I wasn't there) both accidents (Jason's and Graeme's) happened because the track was packed, again that is just my interpretation.
what he's saying is that he wouldn't attend a STT event...and neither would I seeing that I have twenty or better trackdays under my belt. I would however sign up for Intermediate at a new track. I always do when it's my first time at a track.
Old 03-12-2009, 04:18 PM   #52
Costas

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
'04 ZX-10R
'07 ZX-6R (track)
'04 ZX-6R (sold)
'05 Ninja 500 (sold)

Send a message via AIM to Costas
Sorry to hear, glad you're okay though. This is why I'm hesitant to ride in intermediate, there's a huge mix of different levels of riders. I prefer just riding in advance instead (after an instructor recommended it). I'm not the fastest, but I hold a constant line and don't panic when the faster guys pass me, but I have a LOT less close calls in advanced than I do riding in intermediate, and haven't had anyone complain to the instructors about my presence in advanced so I guess I'm doing an okay job at staying out of people's way.

Last edited by Costas; 03-12-2009 at 04:21 PM.
Costas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 04:26 PM   #53
Candie

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
2013 Ninja 300
07 CBR 600RR (sold)
09 Ninja 250 (sold)
04 CBR 600RR (sold)
04 GSXR 600 (sold)

From what I have read about both incidents that happened on that day were not the fault of Ride Smart but of the riders that chose NOT to attend the classroom sessions. In doing so the riders did not know the rules of passing on the inside. They have classroom sessions for a reason and if you sign up with Ride Smart knowing this the you should attend classes not only for yourself but for the others riders on the track. I don't see how the track being " crowded" had anything to do with either accident. IMOH
Old 03-12-2009, 04:32 PM   #54
maxgs

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Costas View Post
Sorry to hear, glad you're okay though. This is why I'm hesitant to ride in intermediate, there's a huge mix of different levels of riders. I prefer just riding in advance instead (after an instructor recommended it). I'm not the fastest, but I hold a constant line and don't panic when the faster guys pass me, but I have a LOT less close calls in advanced than I do riding in intermediate, and haven't had anyone complain to the instructors about my presence in advanced so I guess I'm doing an okay job at staying out of people's way.
I don't think the right answer here is to have more people riding in advanced. While a rider might be more comfortable in advanced, due to the fewer numbers higher level of experience of the fellow riders, they stand a pretty good chance of being a moving chicane for the advanced riders to continually dodge.
Old 03-12-2009, 04:53 PM   #55
HAPKIDOR6

Let me put it as a racer would say " HAPPENS"
I was T-bone by Michael Sanchez on the Last lap of the Race,Day, and Season at MSR Cresson battling out for 1st place.
I was also hit by Larry Myers at Hallet on the 1st lap 2nd turn trying to pass for 3rd place in a 5 hour race.
with Mike the bike was up in flames and with Lerry the bike has in the air, I still dont know if it made it back down.

only go to the track if you can afford the time off work, Med. bills and maybe a new bike.
#20 C SuperStock
HAPKIDOR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 04:55 PM   #56
logan5

Bike(s):
2001 SV 650 (my track ), 2005 SV 650s

Maybe instructors and control riders just need to be more judicial in moveing people down or up through the groups ... if a rider doesn't like it ... tough.
Old 03-12-2009, 04:57 PM   #57
Factor

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
Buell XB12R
GSXR 750 (Track Only)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAPKIDOR6 View Post
Let me put it as a racer would say " HAPPENS"
I was T-bone by Michael Sanchez on the Last lap of the Race,Day, and Season at MSR Cresson battling out for 1st place.
I was also hit by Larry Myers at Hallet on the 1st lap 2nd turn trying to pass for 3rd place in a 5 hour race.
with Mike the bike was up in flames and with Lerry the bike has in the air, I still dont know if it made it back down.

only go to the track if you can afford the time off work, Med. bills and maybe a new bike.
I think that's a little harsh considering the difference between race & track day. As a noob I don't go to the track expecting to be hit.
Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 05:15 PM   #58
matemike
Grip it 'n' Rip it!

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
2007 GSXR 750
2007 GSXR 600...tracked out

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ileono918 View Post

I think that's absolutely correct, you have to put safety first...a person shouldn't move up to the next level just because they are blazing fast...if they are out of control or stuffing people in the lower levels, and overall unsafe...their riding and attitude needs to be addressed.

That's where the track org needs to step in, and i trust any TTD or Ride Smart instructor to take action if necessary, this just sux that it happened so early in the day.

but just for my own info, what turn was it that Graeme got hit?
Old 03-12-2009, 05:24 PM   #59
bubby
Candie's Pit Crew!

Bike(s):
'07 600RR, '09 Kawi 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave C View Post
the only people at fault are the ones who were passing on the inside, the ones who did not make a safe pass, the ones who broke the rules. end of story
I agree. People have to be responsible. All the trackday org's have rules and it is the rider's responsibilities to know the rules and abide by them for his own and everyones else's safety.
Old 03-12-2009, 05:34 PM   #60
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

perhaps, do a better job of making people attend riders meetings. I know they can be a bear after attending umpteen million of them, but it is important. Maybe take a stroll through the pits 15 minutes into the meeting...those not attending get a checkmark next to there name and are issued a one session time out

Advertisement