MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-11-2009, 04:10 PM   #21
bluewave18
Safety Third

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

It would probably be different from takner to tanker.
bluewave18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Who fills nitrogen shocks in the area? tonyt915 General Discussion (Moto Related) 15 09-22-2015 10:47 AM
Where to get Nitrogen for shock? GIXXERKELLY General Discussion (Moto Related) 4 02-22-2015 10:43 PM
Forgot... Nitrogen? darranwil General Discussion (Moto Related) 17 05-07-2013 02:35 PM
Replacing Nitrogen in the rear shock. doc_zx10r Performance and Modifications 3 03-10-2009 10:00 PM
nitrogen? slowposer Motorcycles Unlimited 2 05-09-2007 05:46 PM
Advertisement
Old 03-11-2009, 04:12 PM   #22
bluewave18
Safety Third

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

Chances are that its a little higher than stated. I also think the ethanol levels may be higher than 10% from time to time and brand to brand.
bluewave18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 04:19 PM   #23
JP171

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
00' GSXR 750
05 636

its not to the advantage of the wholsaler or retailer to fudge the numbers on the ethanol or octane rating, the state does pop inspections and hands out heavy fines if they are playing with the grade and ethanol concentration, same idea as the ammount. yea I know the inspectors are far and few between but when you consider the cost. also if you want to make sure your getting what your paying for go get a can of octane booster and just buy the cheap stuff. most of the time the fuel is mixed in large quantity before its loaded into the tanker.

For those looking to give back to Texas and serve those in times of need, Join the Texas State Guard.
Locate a Recruiter http://www.gotxsg.com/join.php
JP171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 04:25 PM   #24
ZXALAN
UR NXT

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
2000 Turbo-Hayabusa
2013 BMW S1000RR

So the different grades of fuel are mixed together in the same tanker? that means you are getting the same out of any of the pumps no? I have worried about this before..... You think its better to stick with main stream stations like Shell or Chevron as opposed to a Buccees or somewhere like that? I get valero a lot because its by my house.... but I have 2 bikes and 2 cars, all require 93 octane and are tuned for 93...

319hp@14lbs(pump gas), 435hp@29lbs(race gas)
Texas Mile Mar 09, 225.906mph, 8.82@168.43 w/1.63 60'-14.5lbs
ZXALAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 04:27 PM   #25
bioGuru
Aut inveniam viam aut fac

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
2008 Suzuki GSX650F - sold

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP171 View Post
its not to the advantage of the wholsaler or retailer to fudge the numbers on the ethanol or octane rating, the state does pop inspections and hands out heavy fines if they are playing with the grade and ethanol concentration, same idea as the ammount. yea I know the inspectors are far and few between but when you consider the cost. also if you want to make sure your getting what your paying for go get a can of octane booster and just buy the cheap stuff. most of the time the fuel is mixed in large quantity before its loaded into the tanker.
is that stuff safe for MC engines?

Motorcycling in itself is not inherently dangerous. But to an even greater degree than the sea, it is terribly unforgiving of any carelessness, incapacity or neglect.
bioGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 04:51 PM   #26
El-Diablo
Slave to the Man

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
ZX-14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZXALAN View Post
So the different grades of fuel are mixed together in the same tanker? that means you are getting the same out of any of the pumps no? I have worried about this before..... You think its better to stick with main stream stations like Shell or Chevron as opposed to a Buccees or somewhere like that? I get valero a lot because its by my house.... but I have 2 bikes and 2 cars, all require 93 octane and are tuned for 93...
Gasoline is transported by truck, not tanker. The trucks are filled with one octane level.

Personally, since gas is cheaper I would never run anything less than premium if you can afford it.

At the refinery when a gas blend gets screwed up it ends up as regular 87. It could have much higher octane levels, but something is wrong with the mix so it can't pass as Premium 93.
El-Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 05:16 PM   #27
ducoop

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
2003 Z1000 (Sold)

Buccees has a large enough operation that I would trust their gas. Its the little hole in the wall places with 2 pumps that I wont touch. Some stations will have only 2 tanks underground for their 3 grades of gas. The 89 octane is a mix of the other 2.
ducoop is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement