MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track > Mini's, Motards & Flattrack Racing
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2009, 09:36 AM   #1
kdog22
Wheelie it son..

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2004 Honda xr50
1991 Honda z50
2004 WR450 Supermoto
1988 Honda ZB50 - For Sale

Member Garage

Honda Z50 plastics

My question is where can i find black plastics ( rear fender, front fender ) for my 1991 z50 i just picked up last weekend?

I know of many online stores for these little bikes but all i can find is white OEM plastics. I've googled for the last 25 min. and couldn't find a d*** thing.

I just started tearing the bike apart to clean and replace a few things.. the plastics are in pretty good shape but the previous owner just spray painted over the plastics and it's all flaking off and is cracked in a few places.. This is going to be a fun build up project on the side.. bike runs,rides and works absolutely perfect and i got an awesome deal on it, i just want to make a few cosmetic tweaks before i start messing with anything else.

It's not a huge necessity, but i just can't find anything. I'm all ears. Thanks!

- Kdog
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator View Post
Muhammad.........Nostradamus..........Kdog
The cycle continues.
kdog22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rebuilding a Z50 Jae Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's..... 85 03-30-2015 04:02 PM
1984 Honda Z50 Build Thread TomballD Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's..... 20 12-02-2013 03:15 PM
$450 honda Z50 SteveohhXdank General Discussion (Moto Related) 4 11-21-2011 09:37 AM
Honda z50 project build up. kdog22 General Discussion (Moto Related) 13 01-06-2010 06:47 PM
Advertisement
Old 03-09-2009, 12:28 PM   #2
kdog22
Wheelie it son..

Bike(s):
2004 Honda xr50
1991 Honda z50
2004 WR450 Supermoto

Member Garage

i know it's a shot in the dark but nada?
Quote:
The cycle continues.
Old 03-09-2009, 12:34 PM   #3
jetcycles
DRIVEN BY ANGER

Feedback Rating: (14)

Bike(s):
1950 Chevy Deluxe
1980 Honda CT70
1987 Kawasaki 650SX
1996 Honda Z50

you won't find black plastics for that Z50. . .might as well stop trying. I pulled the plastics off of my 96 Z50, removed the graphics, and wet sanded them. I thought about using Krylon Fusion(specifically formulated for plastic) but I'm just going to leave them white. I've had good results with the Fusion paint on race quad parts in the past, others have not. I guess it's all in the prep work. What are your plans for the Z? I dove head first into my little Z yesterday: mounted up some big bars, mounted up my chinese foot pegs, pulled the motor to begin disassembly and started polishing the cases on the buffing wheel. I still need to put on the new tires, chain and sprockets, seat cover, and new tank decals. . . post up pics please
Old 03-09-2009, 12:44 PM   #4
kdog22
Wheelie it son..

Bike(s):
2004 Honda xr50
1991 Honda z50
2004 WR450 Supermoto

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetcycles View Post
you won't find black plastics for that Z50. . .might as well stop trying. I pulled the plastics off of my 96 Z50, removed the graphics, and wet sanded them. I thought about using Krylon Fusion(specifically formulated for plastic) but I'm just going to leave them white. I've had good results with the Fusion paint on race quad parts in the past, others have not. I guess it's all in the prep work. What are your plans for the Z? I dove head first into my little Z yesterday: mounted up some big bars, mounted up my chinese foot pegs, pulled the motor to begin disassembly and started polishing the cases on the buffing wheel. I still need to put on the new tires, chain and sprockets, seat cover, and new tank decals. . . post up pics please
haha i will definately post up some picks.. this will also me a bike for the girlfriend to ride so she don't get all off when i leave her bored so i can go ride my other fiddy.. So that being said until we get some new white plastics we just put a layer of black and pink spray paint designs on the tank and front and rear fender. Went and picked up some furry black/white/grey/blue leopard skin cloth and put that on for the new seat cover.. Looks pretty sick and stands out.

Next on the list is a repaint of the frame and swingarm and probably wheels. Tall bar kit with top triple clamp and a few other things..

As for the black plastics, i figured it's a lost cause but no biggie.. If on the off chance someone can find them let me know..Thanks
Quote:
The cycle continues.
Old 03-09-2009, 01:21 PM   #5
jetcycles
DRIVEN BY ANGER

Bike(s):
1950 Chevy Deluxe
1980 Honda CT70
1987 Kawasaki 650SX
1996 Honda Z50

don't buy a $200 big bar kit when you can e-bay 300ex clamps for less than $20!!!
Old 03-09-2009, 01:26 PM   #6
jetcycles
DRIVEN BY ANGER

Bike(s):
1950 Chevy Deluxe
1980 Honda CT70
1987 Kawasaki 650SX
1996 Honda Z50

here are the 300ex clamps i just mounted on my bike. . .I polished them up a bit to match my engine cases and my hubs

JET269
Old 03-09-2009, 03:12 PM   #7
kdog22
Wheelie it son..

Bike(s):
2004 Honda xr50
1991 Honda z50
2004 WR450 Supermoto

Member Garage

Quote:
here are the 300ex clamps i just mounted on my bike. . .I polished them up a bit to match my engine cases and my hubs

JET269
i had no idea you could do that.. haha very good info thanks.. i'll be doing that then.. what are you doing the polishing with.. like an aluminum polish?
Quote:
The cycle continues.
Old 03-09-2009, 03:18 PM   #8
jetcycles
DRIVEN BY ANGER

Bike(s):
1950 Chevy Deluxe
1980 Honda CT70
1987 Kawasaki 650SX
1996 Honda Z50

I bought myself a craftsman buffer for christmas this year. . .everything i own has been getting the polishing treatment lately!!! Yes, you could polish them by hand with aluminum polish, but it will take a while. I think some of the older honda clamps will work as well but the only one's i have hands on experience with are specifically from Honda 300EX ATV's. . .
$20 clamps+$40 in new cables+$25 "big bars" from E-bay= cost effective big bar kit.
Old 03-09-2009, 03:21 PM   #9
jetcycles
DRIVEN BY ANGER

Bike(s):
1950 Chevy Deluxe
1980 Honda CT70
1987 Kawasaki 650SX
1996 Honda Z50

this is more than i paid, but now you know what to look for. . .
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda...spagenameZWD1V
Old 03-09-2009, 03:22 PM   #10
mr.haterz
SW squidbillies

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
01 F4i krunchy piece
99 z50r stock
96 z50r
03 xr50 108cc

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to mr.haterz
i got an extra white front fender and a orange rear fender, the rear is missin a tab and is a lil dingd up
Old 03-09-2009, 03:24 PM   #11
mr.haterz
SW squidbillies

Bike(s):
01 F4i krunchy piece
99 z50r stock
96 z50r
03 xr50 108cc

Member Garage

minty seats and tanks are hard to find
Old 03-09-2009, 03:26 PM   #12
jetcycles
DRIVEN BY ANGER

Bike(s):
1950 Chevy Deluxe
1980 Honda CT70
1987 Kawasaki 650SX
1996 Honda Z50

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.haterz View Post
minty seats and tanks are hard to find
and quite expensive if you do!!!
Old 03-09-2009, 03:30 PM   #13
mr.haterz
SW squidbillies

Bike(s):
01 F4i krunchy piece
99 z50r stock
96 z50r
03 xr50 108cc

Member Garage

yup, at least a bill or more

i got those clamps too on my new tripple, they sturdy

kdogg, if you want em fenders send me a pm, i got chrome forks too
Old 03-09-2009, 05:32 PM   #14
kdog22
Wheelie it son..

Bike(s):
2004 Honda xr50
1991 Honda z50
2004 WR450 Supermoto

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.haterz View Post
yup, at least a bill or more

i got those clamps too on my new tripple, they sturdy

kdogg, if you want em fenders send me a pm, i got chrome forks too

the plastics i got on there right now are half descent, normal wear and tear scratches here and there. it's just one of those inner tabs that you push into that rubber grommit next to the tank is gone and has a zip tie inplace of it to keep it in place.. i helped my girlfriend put a "paint job" on the plastics and i re-did the gas tank so it looks better than how i got it. I'll probably wait till she breaks the plastic to get a new piece.

I'll be looking into that tall handlebar setup you guys are talking about first.. It's still got the stockers on it.

But should she get throttle happy before that i'll PM ya
Quote:
The cycle continues.
Old 03-11-2009, 11:13 AM   #15
kdog22
Wheelie it son..

Bike(s):
2004 Honda xr50
1991 Honda z50
2004 WR450 Supermoto

Member Garage

Quote:
what grit sand paper were you using.. i can see another paint job coming up soon in the near future haha..
Quote:
The cycle continues.
Old 03-16-2009, 08:57 AM   #16
kdog22
Wheelie it son..

Bike(s):
2004 Honda xr50
1991 Honda z50
2004 WR450 Supermoto

Member Garage

alright i finally got some pics of both my fiddies up and a few of me screwin about in the driveway.. they are in my profile gallery cuz it won't let me upload in a post.. idk.. as you can see, the last quick paint job didn't last on the z50 so another paint job will be in progress fairly soon and done the right way. i'll post up with more progress.
Quote:
The cycle continues.

Advertisement