MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-07-2009, 08:07 AM   #1
matemike
Grip it 'n' Rip it!

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2007 GSXR 750
2007 GSXR 600...tracked out

Member Garage

So I finally witnessed this

Surprised I just now witnessed this sort of , but I did.

I've been trying to get some of my friends to come do a trackday just one time. They say they want to, but just never have yet. Someday...someday.

Anyways, they have still managed to make claims that they are faster than me.
Now I'm not one to get real competitive about this, or even disagree about it for that matter. And I'm sure as not gonna hit it on the streets to prove it. But where do they get off!?
The first time was when my buddy said "I'll bet I'm faster than you", cuz he "left me" in my neighborhood . I said ya, how you figure?...he said cuz my bike's fast, it's a race edition. He said his 636 is faster than my 750. I said you prolly could drag race better than me cuz he has more skill in that dept. Even in the 636 vs 750 matchup, he'd beat me, but like I said, i'm not gonna engage in street racing! So whatever.
Then another asked what bike do I use at the track, and i told him the r6. Then he said he'd smoke me cuz he runs a 1000. He's never done a TD, but was still so sure that his bike has more HP, so there for he is faster hands down.

I'm like WTF, where did all this come from. Do any of y'all hear such absurd remarks too? Just wondering, and if they get you fuming, or do ya just brush it off?
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I witnessed a murder today... Dread6 Off Topic 46 10-24-2012 12:52 AM
I just witnessed some of the most asinine display of doucheness by SB riders ever. eltejano Off Topic 46 04-09-2011 11:50 PM
So HONESTLY...How many have witnessed, first hand, the death of a rider? cdill35 General Discussion (Moto Related) 148 02-16-2009 11:46 AM
I've witnessed this twice now ScooterTrash General Discussion (Moto Related) 23 10-11-2006 08:19 AM
Advertisement
Old 03-07-2009, 08:33 AM   #2
CarbonJames
LSTD/TTBC Instructor

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
13 250sx
13 350sxf
12 150sx
07 CRF 230
04 CRF 50/70

Member Garage

once they get to the track and start rolling, most people are so lost. they get caught up in the fact that they are on a "race track" and it slows them down. i've seen really fast street guys end up being some of the slower track guys.
CarbonJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 08:33 AM   #3
kawasakijockey
Crotchrocket Scientist

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2007 zx14
2002 cbr954
1977 kz1000

There is only one way to prove it if they wont come to you, you have to take it to them. If you are commited enough to not race on the street then just let it be as you wont make them believe you anyway. If you are truly faster than them, the road could get them killed trying to keep up if you go to prove it. It is ego bruising to put up with talk but a true master should never brag. I have learned in my many years and many tragedies to think of the ignorant's safety more than my petty ego.
kawasakijockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 08:38 AM   #4
Candie

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
2013 Ninja 300
07 CBR 600RR (sold)
09 Ninja 250 (sold)
04 CBR 600RR (sold)
04 GSXR 600 (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonJames View Post
once they get to the track and start rolling, most people are so lost. they get caught up in the fact that they are on a "race track" and it slows them down. i've seen really fast street guys end up being some of the slower track guys.
This is so true. I tell them I know you go faster than 50mph on the highway. Give it some gas already.

Mike just shake it off. Let them talk. You know your skill level and how fast you are. Be proud of your accomplishments. You have come a long way since you first started out.
Old 03-07-2009, 08:39 AM   #5
camaroz2866

Feedback Rating: (4)

Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2008 cbr1000rr

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawasakijockey View Post
There is only one way to prove it if they wont come to you, you have to take it to them. If you are commited enough to not race on the street then just let it be as you wont make them believe you anyway. If you are truly faster than them, the road could get them killed trying to keep up if you go to prove it. It is ego bruising to put up with talk but a true master should never brag. I have learned in my many years and many tragedies to think of the ignorant's safety more than my petty ego.

perfectly said, thread can be closed now.....lol
Old 03-07-2009, 08:39 AM   #6
Racer997
Racer, Rider, Shooter

Location: 500 yards away...and watching you in the crosshairs...
Feedback Rating: (6)

Bike(s):
BMW Boxer Cup
KTM 450 SMR
Some Yamaha TTR 125Ls
Lackierwarenfabrik Mg42
Valmet M76

Pay for their track day and see who smokes who. In a world full of choices, this is the only one. The winner gets to kick the loser in the and set fire to his bike.
Old 03-07-2009, 09:17 AM   #7
FLYIN'DUC

Feedback Rating: (7)

Bike(s):
07 Ducati, 99 Busa

Pay for there track day and if they do indeed beat U, which I,m sure they wont, then its all good, but tell them if U win then they have to pay U back + a little interest, I,m sure U can think of something
FLYIN'DUC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 09:21 AM   #8
JRxGRUBZx

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
O-six six durty six (r.i.p)
07 zx6r (rip)
o-five six durty six (rip)
01 f4i - yes yes im a trader .

Quote:
Originally Posted by matemike View Post

I've been trying to get some of my friends to come do a trackday just one time. They say they want to, but just never have yet. Someday...someday.

Now I'm not one to get real competitive about this, or even disagree about it for that matter. And I'm sure as not gonna hit it on the streets to prove it. But where do they get off!?
The first time was when my buddy said "I'll bet I'm faster than you", cuz he "left me" in my neighborhood . I said ya, how you figure?...he said cuz my bike's fast, it's a race edition. He said his 636 is faster than my 750. I said you prolly could drag race better than me cuz he has more skill in that dept. Even in the 636 vs 750 matchup, he'd beat me, but like I said, i'm not gonna engage in street racing! So whatever.
Then another asked what bike do I use at the track, and i told him the r6. Then he said he'd smoke me cuz he runs a 1000. He's never done a TD, but was still so sure that his bike has more HP, so there for he is faster hands down.

I'm like WTF, where did all this come from. Do any of y'all hear such absurd remarks too? Just wondering, and if they get you fuming, or do ya just brush it off?
SUP MIKE!! i think the 636 and 750 would be a awsome match up on the track w/ 2 riders on the same skill level
JRxGRUBZx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 09:43 AM   #9
matemike
Grip it 'n' Rip it!

Bike(s):
2007 GSXR 750
2007 GSXR 600...tracked out

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRxGRUBZx View Post
SUP MIKE!! i think the 636 and 750 would be a awsome match up on the track w/ 2 riders on the same skill level
heyhey whatcha say Roy.
I agree, a 636 vs 750 would be a showdown at a track. I just lol'd at his comment "cuz his bike is fast"...truth is...all sport bikes are fast.
but i think he meant strictly drag racing (which i'm not a big fan of) i think 2 equally skilled riders would show the 750 start slowly pulling away around 90-100mph in 3rd or 4th gear. but oh well, i'm not gonna find out first hand. just wanted to see if other people have delt with these comments, yet no one can truly back it up
Old 03-07-2009, 09:57 AM   #10
JRxGRUBZx

Bike(s):
07 zx6r (rip)

Yea just snother person running off at the mouth..I hate when ppl say they can out do you in something and has never seen you do the said thing....

So is the 636 like the junior version of the 750??? What are the differences besides the CC's...Ive never raced a 750 so i wouldnt know if they are truely faster than me.

Let me know if you wanna hit crabb up im down while i still have stock sprockets
Old 03-07-2009, 10:13 AM   #11
rideForrestride

Trackdays: 5

Bike(s):
'08 ZX10R - The Mistress

rideForrestride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 10:23 AM   #12
kawasakijockey
Crotchrocket Scientist

Bike(s):
2007 zx14
2002 cbr954
1977 kz1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonJames View Post
This is so true. I was like WTF?? I didnt know Ninja 250's were that fast The deal was that I had a hard time using the whole width of the track instead of just the right side. And the first time you get passed on the inside you want to whip somebody's for it
kawasakijockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 10:26 AM   #13
JRxGRUBZx

Bike(s):
07 zx6r (rip)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawasakijockey View Post
This is so true. I was like WTF?? I didnt know Ninja 250's were that fast The deal was that I had a hard time using the whole width of the track instead of just the right side. And the first time you get passed on the inside you want to whip somebody's for it
that must be nuts ...
Old 03-07-2009, 10:31 AM   #14
Azylum
The Chosen One

Feedback Rating: (23)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by matemike View Post

this is the part where yoiu call them out. tell them to put up or shut up. "my 600 against your 1000 on the track, until then you are a pu$$y.". keep calling them until they go to the track. when they say something random, say "im sorry, what was that pu$$y? i cant hear you over the sound of the douche youve been squirting in", or "hey pu$$y, get me a beer while youre up", or theyll love this one "yall should sell your bikes because youre just a couple of and are afraid to ride them". every chance you get, call them out. thatll get theyre blood going.
Old 03-07-2009, 10:33 AM   #15
Candie

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
2013 Ninja 300
07 CBR 600RR (sold)
09 Ninja 250 (sold)
04 CBR 600RR (sold)
04 GSXR 600 (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRxGRUBZx View Post
that must be nuts ...
That's track riding. You will get passed on the inside, outside and even some places you didn't think you could get passed. It is all part of the game.
Old 03-07-2009, 12:19 PM   #16
ileono918
On hiatus

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 1-3 months

Friendly bet with them. Invite them to do a TD, rent lap timers. The one with the slowest time pays for both track days.
ileono918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 12:22 PM   #17
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Feedback Rating: (31)

Member Garage

get new friends.
Pyrofallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 12:26 PM   #18
dudewhrsmybike

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
2011 Kawasaki ZX-10R ABS

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to dudewhrsmybike
Laugh in their face and tell them to bring it. . . @ the track.

It's GREEN, it's FAST, and it says Ninja on it
dudewhrsmybike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 01:11 PM   #19
texlurch
Official MH tag inspector

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600
00 TL1000R BOTM 07/12 (sold)

Member Garage

The truth is: Mikey is f-ing slow... he can't help it... and his friends know it and can't help but poke fun....
.... Home of the "Black Ninja's"
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 01:22 PM   #20
CaligoneTx
Forest Gnome Tour Guide

Bike(s):
Triumph 675r
Ducati 748
Hyosungs (250r + 650r)
Honda 900rr
Suzuki Busa1300r (+2 bikes)

Send a message via AIM to CaligoneTx Send a message via Yahoo to CaligoneTx
Tell them to put their d!ck away, you're tired of seeing them strut around w that puny excuse for a baby maker out.

Then come to the track instead about talking about how much of a badazz you are even though you cry w a cop catches you being said 'badazz' doing stupid chit.

Or like I say when we are out and someone wants to talk chit. "Fck off dumbazz I have my own bike, you're not gonna get me to go home with you cuz you have one too."

Advertisement