MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-01-2006, 11:14 AM   #21
joselopez
DOMEPEPE

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
GSX-R750

BUNK
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sweet end to a stolen bike story-stolen in 1967 grsa General Discussion (Moto Related) 1 11-05-2013 11:09 PM
UHD review R1_guy Off Topic 28 11-24-2011 11:51 PM
What do you do if your bike is stolen from a local bike shop? Longdraw General Discussion (Moto Related) 53 06-14-2011 09:44 AM
uhd carlos flores Off Topic 17 09-24-2008 11:48 AM
Advertisement
Old 02-01-2006, 11:21 AM   #22
yankee

Bike(s):
08 HD Nightster

the cops should put out a bait bike. since there are that many bikes stolen from there. :topsecret i'm sure they could care less though. Still it would be nice to catch some punk thief!! thats good he had ins on it and he get a new bike.
yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 11:26 AM   #23
RRCBR

Feedback Rating: (1)

The rent-a-cops at UHD are a joke. The only thing they do is direct traffic and talk to each other.
RRCBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 12:08 PM   #24
redrocker

Bike(s):
2007 GSXR 600

That sucks !!!! I know how it feels had my first car stolen when I was 18 a 69 z28 from the old point nasa movie theatre I worked there straight out of school as a projectionist had to work from 11:00 to midnight came out and it was gone man was I !!!!! Then a few yrs back I bought me a a new four wheeler to play on 250 quad racer brand new had it a week someone breaks in my garage and cuts the chain that I had it locked up with!!! With my own dam tools!!!! Homeowners paid for it!!! Thieves!!!!
redrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 12:33 PM   #25
Sc0
A Lemming

Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
'01 F4i
'03 KFX400 MX
'09 FLHT
'01 Giant NRS1

Send a message via Yahoo to Sc0
Another point would be if the Security is involved? They see something sweet and call their homeboys to gank da . Guess you can take something else less likey to get stolen instead of a bike.
Sc0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 01:00 PM   #26
ratmzapa

Member Garage

One time at UHD a guy gay walked and the cop said he stop and the guy goes I am late for class officer sorry...and kept walking...before you know it 6 cops have him tackled on the ground right in front of the school...by the UHD cops are sadly state cops...because of it being a state university....so they have huge power trips...
Old 02-01-2006, 01:01 PM   #27
ratmzapa

Member Garage

Well also most of us on this board ride alot....so yea we want to ride to school and maybe take a ride afterwards..
Old 02-01-2006, 01:29 PM   #28
RRCBR

Dancin, So the blue BMW is your bike.
Old 02-01-2006, 01:31 PM   #29
ratmzapa

Member Garage

Yep thats my bike...
Old 02-01-2006, 01:46 PM   #30
RedRider
Ride Red...please

Bike(s):
1997 CBR 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee
the cops should put out a bait bike. since there are that many bikes stolen from there. :topsecret i'm sure they could care less though. Still it would be nice to catch some punk thief!! thats good he had ins on it and he get a new bike.
I nominate Dotcom's bike. Its pretty and blue AND with the help of a mini camera three midgets and 1 giant stick I think we can catch these guys. Don't ask how just believe...
Old 02-01-2006, 01:53 PM   #31
ratmzapa

Member Garage

Yea he never rides it anyways so I am sure he wont notice.... I KID I KID
Old 02-01-2006, 01:58 PM   #32
swim_ags

Bike(s):
03 600rr

Send a message via AIM to swim_ags
i HATE theives!!! my first bike was stollen in broad daylight right outside my condo while i was in the shower. unfortunately, it doesn't matter what you do (short of hiring a personal sniper to guard your bike). if they want it, they'll get it. i had a disc lock on the front, one on the back, and the steering locked. !
swim_ags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 05:19 PM   #33
GSXR_Sam

Member Garage

well u gotta figure a bike is what 375ish to 450 lbs...all thats takes is 2 guys with some nuts to just pick it and throw it in a truck....they can worry about disc locks when they are at their own garage....just put lojack on ur bike hhaha...or maybe a remote taser built into the seat....i think saw that on gixxer.com....i would buy it!
Old 02-01-2006, 05:32 PM   #34
MadseasoN

Trackdays: 10+

I read about guys using stolen minivans to go out and steal bikes. They take out the back seats and just lift the bike into the minivan. Then they don't have to lift the bike that high, unlike a pickup truck. Disc lock probably wouldn't help either.

Last edited by MadseasoN; 02-01-2006 at 06:16 PM.
MadseasoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 06:11 PM   #35
ericcarney
'Cause I'm a rider...

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
'98 GSXR 750 (sold)
2007 Kawasaki Brute Force 650i

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXR_Sam
well u gotta figure a bike is what 375ish to 450 lbs...all thats takes is 2 guys with some nuts to just pick it and throw it in a truck....they can worry about disc locks when they are at their own garage....just put lojack on ur bike hhaha...or maybe a remote taser built into the seat....i think saw that on gixxer.com....i would buy it!
Just too bad that lojack doesn't offer their system for bikes in houston. I looked it up a while ago and they only offered it in florida!

http://www.myspace.com/ericcarney
ericcarney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 06:33 PM   #36
bdmpastx
The Cripple

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2009 Nissan GTR - sold
2015 Nissan GTR

If you have to leave your bike out of your sight, you can just about seal it's fate to get stolen. The theives know that if the bike is parked outside a movie theater, they have 2 hours to steal it. So they can go back home call up the homies, get the truck and pick up your bike. But you know, all this is common sense. I have no simpathy for people that want to be idiots and leave their bikes unattended for hours on end.
Old 02-01-2006, 06:36 PM   #37
Din

Bike(s):
GSXR with CHROME PACKAGE

if u wanna ride ur bike be smart about it when you leave it somewhere. chain lock it up , alarm it up, disc lock it up. Might be a lil hassle but it helps.
Din is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 08:56 AM   #38
RRCBR

ericcarney,
They do have lojack for bikes is Houston.
Old 02-02-2006, 09:04 AM   #39
fuckya'll

Member Garage

UH-D is the sorriest excuse for a place of Higher Education.

Open-entry policy insures all the ghetto mother get in; just take a look at the student body on the main floor.

That place gets no love in the business community. 2nd rate school with no prestige. There's a reason why all other UH campuses (Central, Clear Lake, Victoria) are embarrased to recognize it under the UH system. Ask anybody about that school and they'll tell you.

Low rate, uneducated folks attend there because they would not be able to make the grades anywhere else. Academic failures with no true skillsets.

Old 02-02-2006, 09:12 AM   #40
dotcom
*** PUBLIC RELATIONS ***

Bike(s):
01 Yamaha R6, 125 BBB mini

Send a message via AIM to dotcom Send a message via MSN to dotcom Send a message via Yahoo to dotcom
Quote:
Originally Posted by dancinman
One time at UHD a guy gay walked and the cop said he stop and the guy goes I am late for class officer sorry...and kept walking...before you know it 6 cops have him tackled on the ground right in front of the school...by the UHD cops are sadly state cops...because of it being a state university....so they have huge power trips...

I ride all the time.. just not with you!!!!!!!!!!!

and did yuo press charges after they tackled you?

www.myspace.com/motohouston
dotcom is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement