Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 01-31-2006, 09:53 AM   #1
what R you lookin' at?
Feedback Rating: (26)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 8

'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

riders ($) needed for premier trackday at Barber

Barber is an awesome track and facilities..........wish i could spare the $

Barber Trackday with Rogue!

ROGUE is a privateRC51 based, forum that I'm a member of and we have some openings still avaliable for non-members.

This is one heck of a perfect trackday. H8Rain and FahKeenAy joined me last year and we had a great time.

Everything is included, dinner, lunch, photo cd, museum tour, you name it. We have some openings that we are desperate to fill to keep this event alive. 8 in Advanced, 2 in intermediate, and 20 in the special street class. We do this every year and we were not able to sell this out this time. Please, if you ever wanted to do Barber Motorsports Park, this is the one.

I can probably answer any questions re: the format of the day and what class you might best be suited for but, if you're interested, please direct all inquiries to the folks listed below.

Thanks, and let me know if I can answer any questions.

MAY 12 & 13, 2006

It's that time of year again! Tom Moffat (Greyhound) and I (Pete Xenakis aka: phatRC51) have been working to put on an equal to or better event than the 2005 event at Barber.

We will be utilizing the services of Sportbike Tracktime again and keeping the same format...three groups, Advanced, Intermediate and Novice. ROGUE members will be the primary source for filling all 135 rider spots. As always, friends and family will be welcome. We will enforce the riding groups for this event...please sign up to the proper group because with 135 riders there is no room to move riders. We will have our dinner at the Barber museum on Friday night again...this time tickets will be issued as they are for lunch and the meals will be served and issued by ticket. It will be a Southern BBQ style dinner. Dinner will be served from 7:00pm - 8:00pm, with raffle and prizes during dinner at approximately 7:30pm.

We will be using the same hotel as last year. For those that attended last year’s event, the renovations are completed and there will be much more parking available. Here is the hotel information:

The room rate will be $75.00 per night. This does not include sales tax. They will serve a continental breakfast in one of the meeting rooms just for our group starting at 6am on Friday and Saturday mornings. To make reservations you should call the 800 number:

1-800-321-2211...ask to make reservations for the Courtyard by Marriott at Hoover...Hoover, Alabama. Let them know our group is listed under RAC. Make sure you get a confirmation number. If for any reason you have a problem through the 800 number you can call the hotel direct and speak with the Sales Department - Jamiel Saliba 205-988-5000 ext. 632. After April 20,2006 they will no longer honor the special rate and will release any unsold rooms back into inventory. Please make your reservations as soon as possible...You can always cancel (with no penalty) up to 24 hours before your scheduled arrival.

Please make sure if you have to call the hotel to deal only with the Sales Department...groups are their responsibility and they are best equipped to help.

The Courtyard by Marriott at Hoover
1824 Montgomery Highway
Hoover, AL 35244
Phone: 205-988-5000
Fax: 205-988-4659
General Manager: Jana Hocutt ext. 601
Sales Coordinator: Jamiel Saliba ext. 632

Due to issues with the photographer last year we have contacted Jack at Slider Photo and he is willing to handle the event. Jack runs a first class operation as many can attest to.

Barber has increased their track rental fee for next year by $2,500.00 per unfortunately we will be faced with an additional $5,000.00 in track rental fees this year. Sportbike Track Time is not increasing their fee to us. We will have an event T-shirt, Photo CD, lunch both days and dinner at the museum on Friday evening. We plan to have Dan Kyle, Thermosman, Ohlins, Barnacle Bill and STT will provide Michelin tire support and services.

The cost per rider will be $445.00. The price for additional dinner guests will be $20.00. Considering the recent Ohlins Track Days at Barber this year cost $400.00 (this is before Barber increased the track rental price) and didn't include a photo CD, T-shirt or dinner, it seems the price is a decent value.

A DEPOSIT OF 50% WILL BE REQUIRED...WHICH WILL ONLY BE REFUNDED IF YOUR SPOT CAN BE FILLED...OTHERWISE IT WILL BE NON-REFUNDABLE. The cutoff date for filling rider spots will be January 31, 2006. The balance will be due by March 31, 2006. Again...if you have paid in full and find that you can not attend the event we will do our best to fill your spot, but we can't refund your payment until the spot is filled and payment is received for that spot.

We will ride rain or shine...and with any luck as we had at the 2005 event it will be perfect!

Please direct all communications to either Tom or Pete Pete will be handling the finances so payments will need to be done through the payment buttons via Paypal or contact him via e-mail for instructions for mailing checks.

We hope to have a great ROGUE member turnout as we did last year and look forward to seeing you all again at the 2006 event!

Pete Xenakis/Tom Moffat

New change to the Novice Group!

Due to the lack of sign up for the novice group, Tom and I have communicated with Monte and Mike Wheeler our concerns on filling the open spots. We have decided to change the format of the “Novice” group to help get it filled by month end.

The novice group will now be the "Street" group. The initial classroom session, which all novices will be required to attend, will be utilized to segregate the "true" novices (first time track riders) from those who have had track experience before. Small groups or one on one instruction will be available for the true novices along (first time track riders) from those who have had track experience before. Small groups or one on one instruction will be available for the true novices along with classroom instruction. For those that are more experienced, passing will be allowed on the straights and on the out side of turns with a minimum of 6ft of clearance. Those that are not newbie’s to the track will not be required to attend all the classroom sessions, but must attend the first one so they have a clear understanding of the group.
2014 GROM
181cc's BABY!
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote