MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 01-31-2006, 10:20 PM   #21
josh302

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):
shotgun
rifle
4wd

midnight madness, they must be updating their sight. If you are a champ from the prev month, all you have to do is show up next month and you are in the final round.
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
drag racing McLintock General Discussion (Moto Related) 117 05-21-2009 10:16 AM
Road Racing and Drag racing mathews Events, Meets and Rides 8 09-09-2008 10:32 PM
Drag racing 2/22 mathews Taking it to the Track 16 02-22-2008 11:44 PM
Drag racing mathews Taking it to the Track 0 11-14-2007 03:16 PM
Advertisement
Old 01-31-2006, 10:37 PM   #22
XxNaSDaQxX
30psi is not enough!

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
01 R1 Turbo

Don't get me wrong, congrats on your win. However isn't it just a local thing? It was started for the race seen in SA, right?

I just checked threw a site, to see what they had before they updated or fell. It noted that the first race for this season was the 28th of January.

00 SS
05 R1
01 R1 Turbo
01 Slp SS

People once believed....
XxNaSDaQxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 02:08 AM   #23
josh302

Bike(s):
shotgun
rifle
4wd

been goning on for a couple of years, but yeah in San Antonio only, But they pay real money, once a month, not funny money like at texas shootout, with like 4 races a year , They also have a bike shootout first friday of every month http://hometown.aol.com/fatherstreet...age/index.html.
Houston is just not up on the 1/4 mile bike drag race scene, except on the street. Gay town raceway are such asss, they dont want local people to come and race at their track. San Antonio welcomes racers, and pays, so us h-town boys can travel a few miles and put the sa riders on their trailers and take their money, what could be better? I usually go to all of the drag race events, I have a 5 bike enclosed trailer, almost always an open spot on my trailer if any one wants to roll.
Old 02-01-2006, 09:45 AM   #24
XxNaSDaQxX
30psi is not enough!

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
01 R1 Turbo

Well for one you are right on the 6 races, but itís also held in SA. Listed below:

March 18 HRP
May 20 HRP
June TBA
July 22 San Antonio
Aug. 26 HRP
October 28 HRP (REVISED)

HRP holds instant green. On Saturdays used to do it on Fridays to. Where you could bracket race and have a purse. Winner takes all entry depends on the amount of people that enter.

Also HRP is a 1/4 mile track. I just listed quite a few tracks for Houston and Texas in general. In another post. There is a schedule to open 2 more tracks here in the general Houston area. Alvin just made a new one and is quite fun for a course track. The north side has the new 1/8 mile that most of the heavy hitters are at now.

Also depending on what your classification is as to the payout, one itís about just honor among other racers. Most of the guys I work with and ride with would tell you this. It doesn't pay if you can't win the season. Before you knock it, maybe you should enter and give it a try.

Also winner for a month, is not compared to a season. Thats IMO. Where also Pat has noted last year he was one of the sponsors of this event. Where the TSO is a sanctioned event and recognized.

00 SS
05 R1
01 R1 Turbo
01 Slp SS

People once believed....

Last edited by XxNaSDaQxX; 02-01-2006 at 03:37 PM.
XxNaSDaQxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 03:36 AM   #25
josh302

Bike(s):
shotgun
rifle
4wd

http://www.samadness.com site is back up. San Antonio is 1/4 mile. As for season chamion, maybe you should show up next month and try to take my crown, but you have to climb the ladder to get to me!(learn how to put the weed in the bag first, then make money)lol.....next MM is feb 25th 8pm, shouldnt get in the way of your TSO. Yeah I raced TSO but their "no pay out" kind of kills the buzz.

Ok lets start a "sactioned" race, call it "Texas Shootout", make all of these bikers pay to enter, then spread the "honor between racers" propaganda, and not pay them when they "win". Sorry but I'll have to pass.
Old 02-06-2006, 10:06 AM   #26
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
lots of em

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Rocket
I must agree with these guys. This has alot to do with your riding style, the type of race and how often you want to replace your clutch. When my bike was stock with stock clutch setup I got to where I could launch at 5K and feather the clutch but I also knew I was repalcing the clutches at the end of every race season. If you hit the strip every weekend you will be replacing them alot more than that. I say work up to where you feel comfortable. You cant start with great 60' and great R/T's all at once. Practice, practice, practice.
DJ
DJ! Howdy BOY!

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
ScooterTrash is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement