Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-04-2009, 11:43 AM   #61
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2006 Hayabusa (totaled)2007 Hayabusa, 2004 CRF 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipstyledsm22 View Post
I never stopped to look, he briefly explained how it works to me... this was back in 2004. If you know more, then thanks for the correction. If I'm coming off as a , sorry, that's not my intentions.

Ben
you're not, sorry if i did... it's just my analytical side checking things out. I like to know what I'm doing before i do it, so I've done research
sbfuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Why so many threads being locked? El Pachuco The Circus 30 04-19-2013 04:09 PM
Lol Locked? RojerLockless Off Topic 21 11-30-2009 12:38 PM
running the toll on the BW tonyt915 Off Topic 11 03-19-2009 02:14 AM
locked/closed? Gixxer-Joy Off Topic 190 10-08-2008 11:46 AM
Locked out of the house? BoostJunky Off Topic 5 09-21-2007 05:11 PM
Advertisement
Old 03-04-2009, 03:54 PM   #62
RePo

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
2000 Kawasaki Ninja ZX9R
1982 Yamaha Maxim XJ750J
MX150 dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrofallout View Post
or better yet, stop being a cheap and pay the toll. i pay the toll on a daily basis. everyone else can too.
Here's the problem with the whole thing: we don't OWE "them" a toll. That beltway has been paid for for years. It's just a profit center for them now. Might just as well close all the major roads and collect a toll from everyone. [We take your money. You dont pay, we take your vehicle and your freedom]. They are not entitled to my money for using that road, and any means that results in a sucessful way around it is cheating the thief. That is a state funded road, it should be open and free to all citizens just like the interstate. For now I avoid it, because I will NEVER pay it.
RePo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 04:16 PM   #63
dudewhrsmybike

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2011 Kawasaki ZX-10R ABS

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to dudewhrsmybike
If you white line it, make sure you do it right. I picked up an EZ TAG last weekend and when they pulled up my info, they caught my bike plate twice. They cleared the violations for me though, they said it takes 3 violations before they mail you a ticket. So, if they catch my plate again, they will just charge it to my account. My 20 something dollars on the account should last a while. . . .
dudewhrsmybike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 05:51 PM   #64
Sifu-TZ
#1 Satans' Buttnuggets

Bike(s):
Husky 450SMR motard

you are all just wusses. giant inflatable wusses. a real man, a man like myself, turns around in the seat and busts a wheelie while flipping off the camera. clench a spliffin your teeth and yell "piggies" at the top of your lungs. this should terrify the cops and thus allow you to go anywhere on the tollway you want, road warrior style.

Fastline motorcycle school grid marshal.
SBN. We're coming for your wife and daughters.
Sifu-TZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 06:58 PM   #65
bioGuru
Aut inveniam viam aut fac

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
2008 Suzuki GSX650F - sold

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossLady View Post
When everyone decides to blow through the toll I just act like I'm a badass with no reguard for the law
but really I'm a good girl that has an undercover ez tag The secret is out

Someone tell me why the motorcycle ez tag is twice as big as the car one. I begged for the sticker type like my car but it was a no go. Lady told me I should just put it in my saddle bag

I got some in the mail last week for my rental car. You can see the whole back of the car in the photo even the car next to me

"Motorcycles require a specialized EZ TAG due to climate conditions associated with motorcycle use."

and:
https://www.hctra.org/about_faq/billing/

"Because many motorcycles do not have windshields and because the stickers can not withstand elements like wind and rain, motorcycles must continue to use the special hard case tag."

Basically the "boxes" will handle exposure to elements while the sticker-type ones will not.

BTW I keep the EZtag under my seat - it works about 2/3 of the time but no plate charges either so I don't know what is up with that.

Motorcycling in itself is not inherently dangerous. But to an even greater degree than the sea, it is terribly unforgiving of any carelessness, incapacity or neglect.
bioGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 08:41 PM   #66
Moc05
Safety Third

Feedback Rating: (10)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2007 ZZR600(Sold)
2008 ZX-10R(Stolen)
2014 Honda Grom

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to Moc05 Send a message via Yahoo to Moc05
I got pulled over after white lining, cop gave me a ticket for running the toll but it got dismissed once I went to see the DA. Cop said since I pulled over he wasnt going to give me a moving violation for it, i forgot what he said it would of been for.
Moc05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 09:08 PM   #67
Gardo

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):
2003 Suzuki DRZ400E
12 GT 3.0 GTR
11 Giant Talon 29er1
15 Polaris RZR 4 900

yeah i just got an ez tag for my bike haven't tried it yet I zip tied it in by my tail light under a cover cuz my bike doesn't have a trunk .
Gardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 11:17 PM   #68
lightlord
Street ninjas four father

Bike(s):
two fiddie (sold)
79' cb650 (4-sale)
2005 636 titanium

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to lightlord Send a message via Yahoo to lightlord
since military does not have to pay tolls then shouldnt they all just get a ez-tag upon enlistment??
Soldier 8 years
Firefighter 10 years
Streetninja for life
lightlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 02:36 AM   #69
spring r1

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
07 r1
04gsxr600 track
ttr90

toll booths
spring r1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 10:53 AM   #70
bdubb

Bike(s):
1961 Mustang Thoroughbred
'06 CBR1000RR (SOLD)

Member Garage

This thread isn't even worth reading the whole thing, but it's a simple issue.

All this with jail, and all these "solutions" you guys are saying about trying to beat the eztag system ALL TO SAVE $1.50 or whatever it is.

Really? $1.50 or so at the main tolls to avoid going through the endless intersections that are much more dangerous. Do you buy roman noodles each night for dinner too to save a couple bucks, drink natty light beer, take the short route home on your bike to avoid using more gas, avoid weekend rides? My guess is no.

into the wind.............

Last edited by bdubb; 03-05-2009 at 10:57 AM.
bdubb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 11:03 AM   #71
Herf
Drum Geek.

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2010 CBR 1000RR Witch!
Yours
Your Neighbors
Your Neighbors Neighbors
SPCA Lifted

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
Do just the tiniest amount of research and you will see that the cameras take a picure of the WHOLE area, not just the plate.
There aint a square inch that isn't in the picure, both lanes , retaining walls, white stripe and most of your car.

I mean really, if being in the middle on a bike made it so they couldn't see your plate, then being in the middle in a car would be the same... and everybody would drive in the middle.

Each lane has a triggering device, niether of which cross the middle so...unless they are using a laser, or infared field you cant trigger.
Old 03-05-2009, 11:42 AM   #72
mr_joe

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
2005 R6-Sold
2008 CBR1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by bioGuru View Post

"Motorcycles require a specialized EZ TAG due to climate conditions associated with motorcycle use."

and:
https://www.hctra.org/about_faq/billing/

"Because many motorcycles do not have windshields and because the stickers can not withstand elements like wind and rain, motorcycles must continue to use the special hard case tag."

Basically the "boxes" will handle exposure to elements while the sticker-type ones will not.

BTW I keep the EZtag under my seat - it works about 2/3 of the time but no plate charges either so I don't know what is up with that.

I had the Box for EZtag and and it cam with instructions to have it placed in my pocket as i passed about 3 years ago. per instructions your "supposed" to buy a new battery every few months or it doesn't work...

pulled over can't remember how many times from the same cops and they asked me to pull it out and hold it closer as i passed. LOL i told him Yes ser and was on my way. never pulled it out and the light never went off and never recived a bill

ps get caught white lining it and that's failure to maintain a vehicle in one lane... or something like that. 200+ and your 1.25 in the mail.

also side note. i saw a clip on one of those British speed channels to test how fast you would need to go for the autobahn/ speed cameras to not take the picture. 120 mph = blurry pic, 130mph dosn't even take the pic for all you speed freaks out there

www.myspace.com/mrjoes
mr_joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 12:02 PM   #73
houstonch73
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to houstonch73
User is banned

houstonch73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 12:20 PM   #74
houstonch73
Banned

User is banned

Old 03-05-2009, 12:53 PM   #75
Quicksilver

Experience: 9-12 months

Bike(s):
2008 Suzuki Half-a-busa
Harley Davidson Fatboy / Fatbob (April 18, 2009)

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonch73 View Post
**** that! do the time man. It's only a day and unless you make more than $500 a day then it will cost you more to fight than to take it.
that is great advice. having a criminal record is really going to boost your job and salary levels in the future. You will always have your rights but they can take away your privileges.
Old 03-05-2009, 01:09 PM   #76
houstonch73
Banned

User is banned

Old 03-05-2009, 01:48 PM   #77
FastLine
Motorcycle School

Bike(s):
Instructing
Trackdays
A
Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by RePo View Post
Here's the problem with the whole thing: we don't OWE "them" a toll. That beltway has been paid for for years. It's just a profit center for them now. Might just as well close all the major roads and collect a toll from everyone. [We take your money. You dont pay, we take your vehicle and your freedom]. They are not entitled to my money for using that road, and any means that results in a sucessful way around it is cheating the thief. That is a state funded road, it should be open and free to all citizens just like the interstate. For now I avoid it, because I will NEVER pay it.
The toll ways are not state owned, and have very little state money in them. They are owned and operated by the TRA......which is a private entity, not public. Which is why you only see constables patrolling them and not DPS.

Further more, the TRA needs the money for upkeep and maintenance.
FastLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 02:28 PM   #78
bdubb

Bike(s):
1961 Mustang Thoroughbred
'06 CBR1000RR (SOLD)

Member Garage

Sam Houston Tollway

State Highway Beltway 8 (BW8), the Sam Houston Parkway, along with the Sam Houston Tollway, is a beltway around the city of Houston, Texas, United States, lying entirely within Harris County. Beltway 8, a state highway, runs mostly along the frontage roads, only using the main lanes where they are free (mostly on the north side of Houston). The main lanes elsewhere are the Sam Houston Tollway, a toll road owned and operated by the Harris County Toll Road Authority. East of Houston, the Tollway crosses the Houston Ship Channel on the Jesse H. Jones Memorial Bridge, a toll bridge; this forms a gap in Beltway 8 between Interstate Highway 10 (Baytown-East Freeway) and State Highway 225 (La Porte Freeway).

Westpark Tollway

Opened in 2004, the Westpark Tollway spans a total of 19 miles through Harris and Fort Bend Counties. The Westpark Tollway was the nation's first all-electronic roadway providing a barrier-free drive between Houston's Galleria district and Katy, TX. Drivers wishing to use the Westpark Tollway must have an EZ TAG.

Harris County's segment of the Westpark Tollway (14 miles) begins at I-610 on the east and extends to the county line near FM 1464. The Westpark offers an alternative east-west corridor for West Houston residents with access to US 59 and the Galleria, the Sam Houston Tollway (Beltway 8) and SH 6.

In 2005, Fort Bend County completed its extension of the tollway. This five-mile stretch parallels FM 1093 from FM 1464 to west of SH 99 (the Grand Parkway).

https://www.hctra.org/tollroads/
bdubb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 02:56 PM   #79
shiz85
new grind in 09

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
k7 suzuki GSXR 600

just got an ez-tag for bike last week. i ran up bout $40 they took all the fines off. it's cheaper if u gonna be riding the tolls
shiz85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 02:38 PM   #80
Bzl

Got knocked down to Class C misdemeanor yesterday as no front license plate. 100$ fine plus court fees which came out to $245. I called the toll authority yesterday and they did have my pic in the system for running it twice last year but didnt bill me anything because they bill you an invoice if you run 3 tolls. But I always thought that my bike was too light to trigger the censor.
Bzl is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement