MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-04-2009, 10:23 AM   #41
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2006 Hayabusa (totaled)2007 Hayabusa, 2004 CRF 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossLady View Post
When everyone decides to blow through the toll I just act like I'm a badass with no reguard for the law...
but really I'm a good girl that has an undercover ez tag. The secret is out

Someone tell me why the motorcycle ez tag is twice as big as the car one. I begged for the sticker type like my car but it was a no go. Lady told me I should just put it in my saddle bag
I've got one of those that i use on the bike... i keep it in the trunk and it doesn't get charged... but i can tell cop i have it if he stops me and that this time it must not have worked. what doesn't make sense to me is whay you have to buy an easy tag at $15 for EACH vehicle... it should be per person and not tied to a license plate. or do plate recognition and just send you a bill for the small amount like they do on 121 in dallas. no toll booths, no easy tag required they mail you a bill at the end of each month
sbfuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Why so many threads being locked? El Pachuco The Circus 30 04-19-2013 04:09 PM
Lol Locked? RojerLockless Off Topic 21 11-30-2009 12:38 PM
running the toll on the BW tonyt915 Off Topic 11 03-19-2009 02:14 AM
locked/closed? Gixxer-Joy Off Topic 190 10-08-2008 11:46 AM
Locked out of the house? BoostJunky Off Topic 5 09-21-2007 05:11 PM
Advertisement
Old 03-04-2009, 10:26 AM   #42
BossLady
CMRA #898

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'09 ZX6R

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbfuller View Post
I've got one of those that i use on the bike... i keep it in the trunk and it doesn't get charged... but i can tell cop i have it if he stops me and that this time it must not have worked. what doesn't make sense to me is whay you have to buy an easy tag at $15 for EACH vehicle... it should be per person and not tied to a license plate. or do plate recognition and just send you a bill for the small amount like they do on 121 in dallas. no toll booths, no easy tag required they mail you a bill at the end of each month
Mines in the trunk too. Never thought to check if it's being charged.
Old 03-04-2009, 10:29 AM   #43
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Feedback Rating: (31)

Experience: 5 years

Member Garage

Quote:
what doesn't make sense to me is whay you have to buy an easy tag at $15 for EACH vehicle... it should be per person and not tied to a license plate. or do plate recognition and just send you a bill for the small amount like they do on 121 in dallas. no toll booths, no easy tag required they mail you a bill at the end of each month
because they make more money that way. and they get there money up front
Pyrofallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 10:29 AM   #44
MudBug
Banned

Feedback Rating: (3)

Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
1994 kawi zx7
1991 DR250

Member Garage

User is banned

MudBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 10:31 AM   #45
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudBug View Post
I use the same one for the truck, Jeep, and bike. I never changed the plates on my trailer to my name so the guy I bought it from has gotten a lot of tickets. Good thing me and him are friends. I just call and have them charge my account.
if you are caught they will charge you and they won't be as generous to wave the administrative fee either. they will also likely charge your account for all the tags you didn't buy that you were supposed too.
Old 03-04-2009, 10:31 AM   #46
urbanXJ
erect engorged member

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
2008 Versys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sifu-TZ View Post
lessen here is; wheelie through the toll booth.
urbanXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 10:31 AM   #47
Azylum
The Chosen One

Feedback Rating: (23)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 2

and yall make fun of me for actually paying my tolls. who has the last laugh now!!
Old 03-04-2009, 10:32 AM   #48
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sifu-TZ View Post
lessen here is; wheelie through the toll booth.

or better yet, stop being a cheap and pay the toll. i pay the toll on a daily basis. everyone else can too. and if they get caught not paying i don't feel a lick of pity for them.

I do think bikes should be allowed to travel on the roadway for free though.
Old 03-04-2009, 10:36 AM   #49
urbanXJ
erect engorged member

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
2008 Versys

Yea, EZ tag FTW.
urbanXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 10:42 AM   #50
Guitar Man
Keep moving!!!!>>>>>>>>>>

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2013 Suzuki V Strom DL650 22,000 miles
09 Yamaha FZ6 59,651 miles (RIP)
07 Yamaha FZ6 39,668 miles (RIP)
73 Triumph Tiger 750
Cannondale Quick CX4 (Pedal Powaa!!)

I remember in the proposal for beltway 8 it said that tolls would only be collected for something like 10 years and then it would be paid for and then there would be no more tolls. I guess the government lied to us again.
Old 03-04-2009, 10:45 AM   #51
MudBug
Banned

Feedback Rating: (3)

Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
1994 kawi zx7
1991 DR250

Member Garage

User is banned

MudBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 10:49 AM   #52
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitar Man View Post
I remember in the proposal for beltway 8 it said that tolls would only be collected for something like 10 years and then it would be paid for and then there would be no more tolls. I guess the government lied to us again.
they have easy money now, why give it up?
Old 03-04-2009, 10:55 AM   #53
kingralphthe3rd
larry's fan club manager

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
07 GSXR 1K (SOLD!!) 08 GSXR 750 & 07 DIZZER 400, 09 GSXR 600

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
did ya learn anything?
go faster
Old 03-04-2009, 10:56 AM   #54
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingralphthe3rd View Post
go faster

but it has been shown that even at 200 mph, it'll get a pic of your plate... but only if it knows you are there. ride the line and It'll never know you were there
Old 03-04-2009, 10:56 AM   #55
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudBug View Post
caught what, using my eztag? How the can they bust you for using a ez tag. That is like saying don't let them catch you doing the speed limit.
i dont agree with their business methods or policies but you are cheating their system, whether you or me think it's right or not doesn't really matter. they own the road and if you want to ride on it you must follow their rules, if you get caught cheating the system they will own your .

last time i went in the store there was people with $100+ charges because they didn't pay violations when they were due.
Old 03-04-2009, 11:08 AM   #56
flipstyledsm22
Lets go fishing!

Bike(s):
1994 FLSTC Pro-Street Chopper
1964 Tote Gote
2003 GSXR600 - SOLD
2004 ZX6R - SOLD
1986 VFR750 - SOLD

Send a message via Yahoo to flipstyledsm22
Get an EZ Tag!

NO MATTER WHERE YOU PASS, IT WILL SNAP A PICTURE! One of my "old" friends use to be a technician for the beltway. They have magnetic sensors that activate the cameras/tag identifier... it's activated once you come into a certain amount of yards from it. The only reason why some of yall haven't been caught, is because your moving too fast for the camera to take a clear picture of your plate.... but I can assure you that they have a clear picture of the vehicle. This is the reason why they have cops in the emergency lanes, to scare you into slowing down so the cameras can get your plates. Either way, be smart and either get an EZ Tag, or pay for the toll.

Tip for people "who pay" on motorcycles: I use a "wrist sweat band" and put it over my fluid reservoir (inside the windscreen)... I fold the dollar over my quarter and stick them in the band (leave the top part of the dollar sticking out a little). This way, when I roll up on the toll, all I have to do is pull the folded bill out out and hand it to the cashier.... no digging in pockets and holding up the line.

Ben
Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerbill View Post
I hate perma bans they are sooo...permanent.

Last edited by flipstyledsm22; 03-04-2009 at 11:11 AM.
flipstyledsm22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 11:08 AM   #57
Wormgear

Bike(s):
Kawi C-14
07 R6 track

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossLady View Post
Someone tell me why the motorcycle ez tag is twice as big as the car one. I begged for the sticker type like my car but it was a no go. Lady told me I should just put it in my saddle bag
I was told that the little ones wont work as well, that they wont be seen unless they are mounted like they are on a cars windshield. The big plastic ones work better and can be kept in a saddlebag or in my case, under my seat.
Old 03-04-2009, 11:12 AM   #58
Wormgear

Bike(s):
Kawi C-14
07 R6 track

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipstyledsm22 View Post
Get an EZ Tag!

NO MATTER WHERE YOU PASS, IT WILL SNAP A PICTURE! One of my "old" friends use to be a technician for the beltway. They have magnetic sensors that activate the cameras/tag identifier... it's activated once you come into a certain amount of yards from it. The only reason why some of yall haven't been caught, is because your moving too fast for the camera to take a clear picture of your plate.... but I can assure you that they have a clear picture of the vehicle. This is the reason why they have cops in the emergency lanes, to scare you into slowing down so the cameras can get your plates. Either way, be smart and either get an EZ Tag, or pay for the toll.

Tip for people "who pay" on motorcycles: I use a "wrist sweat band" and put it over my fluid reservoir (inside the windscreen)... I fold the dollar over my quarter and stick them in the band (leave the top part of the dollar sticking out a little). This way, when I roll up on the toll, all I have to do is pull the folded bill out out and hand it to the cashier.... no digging in pockets and holding up the line.

Ben
I'm sick of this thread, everybody pay except me and the cops wont care.
Old 03-04-2009, 11:21 AM   #59
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipstyledsm22 View Post
Get an EZ Tag!

Tip for people "who pay" on motorcycles: I use a "wrist sweat band" and put it over my fluid reservoir... I fold the dollar over my quarter and stick them in the band (leave the top part of the dollar sticking out a little). This way, when I roll up on the toll, all I have to do is pull the folded bill out out and hand it to the cashier.... no digging in pockets and holding up the line.

Ben
i don't believe the bolded part. 85 mph is 124 feet per second. 65 mph is 95 feet per second. a difference of 29 feet per second. if a camera can get a clear picture at 65 or 70 like it was designed to do then it would need a shutter speed of at least 1/1000th, that means in the time the camera takes a picture, the plate would have moved 1.14 inches which would still be blurry but readable since it it only moving away from, not across the screen. at 85 mph the distance covered is 1.4 inches. so you mean to say that that extra 3/10 of an inch make it unreadable now since the previous 1.14 is WAS legible?

now that "story" is not credible, it leads me to believe that the rest of your story about "no matter where you pass, it will snap a picture" is also not credible. Please try again.

the magnetic sensors are in the lane... ever stopped to look at the lines in the concrete where they install them? I have. they don't cross between lanes

Last edited by sbfuller; 03-04-2009 at 11:23 AM.
Old 03-04-2009, 11:32 AM   #60
flipstyledsm22
Lets go fishing!

Bike(s):
1994 FLSTC Pro-Street Chopper
1964 Tote Gote
2003 GSXR600 - SOLD
2004 ZX6R - SOLD
1986 VFR750 - SOLD

Send a message via Yahoo to flipstyledsm22
Quote:
i don't believe the bolded part. 85 mph is 124 feet per second. 65 mph is 95 feet per second. a difference of 29 feet per second. if a camera can get a clear picture at 65 or 70 like it was designed to do then it would need a shutter speed of at least 1/1000th, that means in the time the camera takes a picture, the plate would have moved 1.14 inches which would still be blurry but readable since it it only moving away from, not across the screen. at 85 mph the distance covered is 1.4 inches. so you mean to say that that extra 3/10 of an inch make it unreadable now since the previous 1.14 is WAS legible?

now that "story" is not credible, it leads me to believe that the rest of your story about "no matter where you pass, it will snap a picture" is also not credible. Please try again.

the magnetic sensors are in the lane... ever stopped to look at the lines in the concrete where they install them? I have. they don't cross between lanes

I never stopped to look, he briefly explained how it works to me... this was back in 2004. If you know more, then thanks for the correction. If I'm coming off as a , sorry, that's not my intentions.

Ben
Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerbill View Post
I hate perma bans they are sooo...permanent.
flipstyledsm22 is online now   Reply With Quote

Advertisement