MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-04-2009, 08:38 AM   #21
FKNA

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
2005 Yamaha R1
2008 Goldwing

I personally have an eztag that stays at home. That way if I get caught running it I can get out of the ticket.
FKNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Why so many threads being locked? El Pachuco The Circus 30 04-19-2013 04:09 PM
Lol Locked? RojerLockless Off Topic 21 11-30-2009 12:38 PM
running the toll on the BW tonyt915 Off Topic 11 03-19-2009 02:14 AM
locked/closed? Gixxer-Joy Off Topic 190 10-08-2008 11:46 AM
Locked out of the house? BoostJunky Off Topic 5 09-21-2007 05:11 PM
Advertisement
Old 03-04-2009, 08:39 AM   #22
El-Diablo
Slave to the Man

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
ZX-14

Ride on the white line between the eazy tag lanes.
El-Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 08:42 AM   #23
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Feedback Rating: (31)

Trackdays: 10+

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdill35 View Post
Pretty sure the license plate thing was the proverbial straw that broke the camels back. Probably have to pay the toll and the fine associated with it. I would imagine any lawyer worth 5 bux would get the license plate charged reduced to a class c "obstructed plate" or whatever they call it. Then you'd have to pay those fines.

The lawyer fees, bond and fines...well...you lose that.
That's what I was thinking.

I would think the chances of going to jail over blowing past a toll both would be very slim (unless your that one chick recently who had thousands in unpaid tolls and they nabbed her). I am pretty sure he took you to jail for the plate thing. Good for him. Figured if you have a hideable plate and use it on the street, then you deserve it. Can't thing of any reason a law abiding rider would need to hide their license plate?
Pyrofallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 08:44 AM   #24
Wormgear

Bike(s):
Kawi C-14
07 R6 track

Get an ez-tag then white line it unless there’s a cop around. Free tolls 99 % of the time.
Flippin the plate probably off the cop as much as if you’d flipped him off.
Old 03-04-2009, 09:02 AM   #25
spring r1

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
07 r1
04gsxr600 track
ttr90

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Diablo View Post
+1 has always worked for me
spring r1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 09:08 AM   #26
bumblebee
Yeah I'm flippin' YOU off

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
'74 Suzuki GT380
'82 XS650 StreetTracker
'10 Ducati Streetfighter
'83 Yamaha Seca 900

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Diablo View Post
Do just the tiniest amount of research and you will see that the cameras take a picure of the WHOLE area, not just the plate.
There aint a square inch that isn't in the picure, both lanes , retaining walls, white stripe and most of your car.

I mean really, if being in the middle on a bike made it so they couldn't see your plate, then being in the middle in a car would be the same... and everybody would drive in the middle.
Bevo- "I lack skillz"
bumblebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 09:10 AM   #27
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
Do just the tiniest amount of research and you will see that the cameras take a picure of the WHOLE area, not just the plate.
There aint a square inch that isn't in the picure, both lanes , retaining walls, white stripe and most of your car.

I mean really, if being in the middle on a bike made it so they couldn't see your plate, then being in the middle in a car would be the same... and everybody would drive in the middle.
Any links? Not that I don't believe you, it would seem that it would have to be a wide viewing area to catch the variety of plate locations on different types of vehicles that travel the toll roads.

I have gotten multiple violations mailed to me (not because I ran tolls but because the EZTags suck and the employees are not capable of doing their jobs)

Everytime it was a small square photo that didn't even show my full bumper.
Old 03-04-2009, 09:11 AM   #28
Wormgear

Bike(s):
Kawi C-14
07 R6 track

Quote:

When you white line on a bike, the cameras don't take a picture.
Old 03-04-2009, 09:12 AM   #29
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormgear View Post
When you white line on a bike, the cameras don't take a picture.

Doesn't trigger the camera. Doesn't mean that the cameras aren't on 24/7 and if someone saw you and cared to do the work could pull up your pic and plate.
Old 03-04-2009, 09:25 AM   #30
JV77086

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
2007 GSXR750

I used to think that if i ride the white line I was ok, but I have since just said screw it, my license plate isn't at the very back its tucked under pretty good and I just ride through like normal and haven't had anything mailed to me in the past two years, so no worries.

I do wonder if i ever got stopped and the cop asked how was i going to pay, what would i say.
Old 03-04-2009, 09:26 AM   #31
blends
NYYYYYYEAAOWWWWWW

Experience: 2 years

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to blends
Quote:

so how come i dont get a charge on my ez tag account if the cameras can see my whole bike and plate which isnt hidden when i get on the tollways? the sensor doesnt pick up my tag, yet it takes a picture. wouldn't the people who scan through the pictures of vehicles that dont get charged run my plate and tack on a fee to my account?

hasn't happened yet and i've white lined dozens of tolls.
Old 03-04-2009, 09:31 AM   #32
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by blends View Post
so how come i dont get a charge on my ez tag account if the cameras can see my whole bike and plate which isnt hidden when i get on the tollways? the sensor doesnt pick up my tag, yet it takes a picture. wouldn't the people who scan through the pictures of vehicles that dont get charged run my plate and tack on a fee to my account?

hasn't happened yet and i've white lined dozens of tolls.
plate location. all depends if they can see your plate from the camera angle.

i know it can't see mine. my eztag never reads right. i forgot to go in and have my lic plate number entered in when i got my actual plates after my paper plates. since my plate was not in the system yet and my tag never read i did not get charged. the day the violations stopped was the day i installed my fender elminator kit. i didn't find out about any of it til i got the violations in the mail weeks later. i called and got it resolved.

around the beginning of this year violation notices started piling in my mail on my truck. sparodically the eztag was failing to read and the lady at the eztag store put my plate number in incorrectly (flipped 2 characters). i got those resolved as well.

honestly there is no need for the eztags. the automatic plate recognition works pretty well for the majority of vehicles on the tollway if your plate is mounted where it's suppose to be. i think they just keep the tags around so they can rape you for $15 everytime you add a vehicle.
Old 03-04-2009, 09:53 AM   #33
Wormgear

Bike(s):
Kawi C-14
07 R6 track

Like I said, I have an ez-tag and white line it unless there’s a cop around.
I go thru 10 tolls / pr day to and from work and pay about 3-4 dollars a month in tolls on the bike.
For a couple of years now, no issues. It's uhmmm...ez
Old 03-04-2009, 09:54 AM   #34
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormgear View Post
Like I said, I have an ez-tag and white line it unless there’s a cop around.
I go thru 10 tolls / pr day to and from work and pay about 3-4 dollars a month in tolls on the bike.
For a couple of years now, no issues. It's uhmmm...ez

...where did you find $0.01 toll booths. I spend that in one day.
Old 03-04-2009, 09:54 AM   #35
R6Spartan
1000 Killer

Experience: 7 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
50th aniv R6 and

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bzl View Post
I dont write much on here but I thought i would share this one,

Cut the story short, I was on westpark tollway last week, apparently I flipped up my license plate and apparently the cop saw me do it and pulled me over and threw my in jail for running the toll and having a fictitious license plate. Nothing fictitious about it, plate belongs to the bike and under my name. My rear tire was in really bad shape with a plug in it so I didn't wanna risk taking the other option, didnt know I was gona be arrested for it either. Well it ended up being a Class B misdemeanor with a day in jail and a $500 bail. Dunno what the outcome will be, attorney got the court reset for a later date. Cop told me he was sick and tired of bikes running the toll, I guess I was the lucky one.
Dude you only run the tollway at night....
Old 03-04-2009, 09:56 AM   #36
MudBug
Banned

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
1994 kawi zx7
1991 DR250

Member Garage

User is banned

MudBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 10:11 AM   #37
Guitar Man
Keep moving!!!!>>>>>>>>>>

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2013 Suzuki V Strom DL650 22,000 miles
09 Yamaha FZ6 59,651 miles (RIP)
07 Yamaha FZ6 39,668 miles (RIP)
73 Triumph Tiger 750
Cannondale Quick CX4 (Pedal Powaa!!)

I'm trying to remember. There was a lady a few years back that kept running the tolls in her car. I seem to remember she did this for quite some time and then one day they hit her with something like $10,000 dollars in tolls that she did not pay or something like that. I remember it on the news but can't remember details. I'm just wondering if it could potentially catch up to you one day. Talk about a big surprise.
Old 03-04-2009, 10:19 AM   #38
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!

Bike(s):
2006 Hayabusa (totaled)2007 Hayabusa, 2004 CRF 50

Quote:

they only take a picture if the system senses that you have run it... with riding in the midddle, it doesn't know anybody ran the toll so no picture is taken. the sensors to know if it has been run are just in the lanes, a car will set them off if it tried to white line, but a bike, being as small as it is, does not set off the sensors
sbfuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 10:20 AM   #39
BossLady
CMRA #898

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
'09 ZX6R

Member Garage

When everyone decides to blow through the toll I just act like I'm a badass with no reguard for the law
but really I'm a good girl that has an undercover ez tag The secret is out

Someone tell me why the motorcycle ez tag is twice as big as the car one. I begged for the sticker type like my car but it was a no go. Lady told me I should just put it in my saddle bag

I got some in the mail last week for my rental car. You can see the whole back of the car in the photo even the car next to me
Old 03-04-2009, 10:20 AM   #40
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!

Bike(s):
2006 Hayabusa (totaled)2007 Hayabusa, 2004 CRF 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrofallout View Post
Doesn't trigger the camera. Doesn't mean that the cameras aren't on 24/7 and if someone saw you and cared to do the work could pull up your pic and plate.
the cameras aren't video cameras... most of them are digital still cameras set at 1/1000th shutter speed. that is why it's so lit up all the time
sbfuller is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement