MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-03-2009, 01:28 PM   #1
tiatool
Pro Racer Mode Enabled

Feedback Rating: (14)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
08 Raven
05 Vstar 1100

WSBK/AMA Question

So does Spies' success this weekend have any reflection on how good Mladin is/has been over the past few years in AMA? Anyone think he could explode on WSBK as Ben has been able to do?
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
WTF? AMA Scratch from WSBK Event bdubb Taking it to the Track 9 05-06-2009 11:50 AM
Anybody Else Dissapointed In MotoGp,AMA,And WSBK yellowjacket Taking it to the Track 4 04-13-2009 01:18 AM
WSBK: AMA rivals can win in WSBK, says Spies Grinchy Taking it to the Track 9 04-03-2009 10:47 PM
AMA/WSBK @ Miller bdubb General Discussion (Moto Related) 13 03-03-2009 07:56 PM
ama racers vs. wsbk guys... TWISTED METAL Taking it to the Track 27 12-29-2007 10:29 PM
Advertisement
Old 03-03-2009, 01:46 PM   #2
Herf
Drum Geek.

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2010 CBR 1000RR Witch!
Yours
Your Neighbors
Your Neighbors Neighbors
SPCA Lifted

Too old (sort of), he should'a done years ago when he was winning back to back to back...not sure why he didnt. Must be money or something.
Old 03-03-2009, 02:32 PM   #3
ileono918
On hiatus

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

I think Spies has proven that AMA has (had) good riders that could fill top seats in world competitions. Nonetheless, Mladin is old now, why he didn't go before, who knows maybe he didn't want to leave his comfort zone.
Anyway, the point is that could've been/ should've been but reality is that he wasn't and at this point of his career he won't.
ileono918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 03:45 PM   #4
Grinchy

Feedback Rating: (15)

Bike(s):
'prila

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiatool View Post
So does Spies' success this weekend have any reflection on how good Mladin is/has been over the past few years in AMA? Anyone think he could explode on WSBK as Ben has been able to do?
I think Spies success has given the AMA alot of credibility that was otherwise lacking.
Could Mladin explode onto it?
Bayliss did
Haga did
Goberts did
Corser did
is he in the same league or has age got the better of him??
Based on his experience, his rides against Ben and his debut success I would argue that he could make a similar impact!!
Grinchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 03:53 PM   #5
tiatool
Pro Racer Mode Enabled

Feedback Rating: (14)

Bike(s):
08 Raven
05 Vstar 1100

Quote:
Originally Posted by ileono918 View Post
I think Spies has proven that AMA has (had) good riders that could fill top seats in world competitions. Nonetheless, Mladin is old now, why he didn't go before, who knows maybe he didn't want to leave his comfort zone.
Anyway, the point is that could've been/ should've been but reality is that he wasn't and at this point of his career he won't.
Really, even last year he was battling with Ben right up to the end. If not for a questionable cranshaft, he could/should have won the championship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinchy View Post
I think Spies success has given the AMA alot of credibility that was otherwise lacking.
Could Mladin explode onto it?
Bayliss did
Haga did
Goberts did
Corser did
is he in the same league or has age got the better of him??
Based on his experience, his rides against Ben and his debut success I would argue that he could make a similar impact!!

That is what I was thinking vicariously through Ben, I think this gives Mladin some credability in regards to his riding ability. The knock on him was he never stepped up, but judging from how hard he pushed Spies, maybe it would have been a latteral/step down for him.
Old 03-03-2009, 03:57 PM   #6
Grinchy

Feedback Rating: (15)

Bike(s):
'prila

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiatool View Post
Really, even last year he was battling with Ben right up to the end. If not for a questionable cranshaft, he could/should have won the championship.

That is what I was thinking vicariously through Ben, I think this gives Mladin some credability in regards to his riding ability. The knock on him was he never stepped up, but judging from how hard he pushed Spies, maybe it would have been a latteral/step down for him.

I believe it all came down to $$$$$$$$ or lack of it if he went to WSBK
Grinchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 04:13 PM   #7
JMAC

Bike(s):
Ninja

Good question. They were each others only competition in recent past, team yoshi might of had something to do with that. Hard to answer, what do I know, but it definately makes it seem that he would be up toward the front in WSBK. Assuming his equipment was capable.
JMAC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 04:27 PM   #8
TWISTED METAL
Banned

Bike(s):
CBR 1000 AND GSXR 750 TRACK BIKE

User is banned

TWISTED METAL is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement