Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-03-2009, 07:44 PM   #321
Azylum
The Chosen One

Feedback Rating: (23)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudBug View Post
trying to make a point with you is like talkng to Ryan or Gixxer Bill. Man where did I hear that from. So how does MSF help? you are only doing 20-25mph in a parking lot and stay in second gear. There is no cars to watch far and all that bullshit.

Doing a trackday will help 85% of people. The other 15% can not be helped or to fcking hard head to admit it helped. I know who falls, in where do you?
why is it when someone gets backed into a corner during a debate they gotta resort to the insults? perhaps its because you know youre wrong?

i never said track days dont help. not once. remember, YOU brought me into this thread, based on absolutely nothing ive ever said. im sorry, but blaming the rider for being rear ended is just plain stupid. also, id like to see where you got your percentage numbers from.

Quote:
I know who falls, in where do you?
and i have no idea what that sentence even means.
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
COTA 4/18-19 Track Day Garage MH Neon Samurai Taking it to the Track 8 04-17-2015 07:33 PM
guess who? OLD SCHOOL (MH) TRACK DAY PICS Solracer General Discussion (Moto Related) 72 08-04-2013 10:45 PM
Members Helping Members 5/4 Meet and Greet Track Day Winners! cdill35 Ridesmart Motorcycle School 0 05-04-2009 10:13 PM
Advertisement
Old 03-03-2009, 07:47 PM   #322
Guitar Man
Keep moving!!!!>>>>>>>>>>

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2013 Suzuki V Strom DL650 22,000 miles
09 Yamaha FZ6 59,651 miles (RIP)
07 Yamaha FZ6 39,668 miles (RIP)
73 Triumph Tiger 750
Cannondale Quick CX4 (Pedal Powaa!!)

I've only done one trackday, but I probably got the equivalant of a years riding and trying to do what I learned on my own. Worth every cent.
Old 03-03-2009, 07:53 PM   #323
Azylum
The Chosen One

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdill35 View Post
Not really sure how anyone can disagree that Track Days wont make you a better, safer rider. I mean , if it's nothing else...it's seat time.

But it's all good. Maybe this thread raised some awareness. Maybe people think I am a dcik now. Maybe people think I am an elitest. It's whatever for me.

I know my intentions are pure.
nobody thinks you are a brandt, especially those of us that know you personally. we just think youre gay.

but track riding has been pressured on street riders so much and some of the trackheads like to belittle them because they cant/wont do track days for what ever reason they may have. trying to get them to the track is imperative, but we gotta make sure that were doing it for reasons other than "itll make you faster on the street". and even if they dont, then we have to accept that its different strokes for different folks. some people who have ridden the track absolutely didnt like it, and thats fine. its not for everybody.
Old 03-03-2009, 07:54 PM   #324
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Feedback Rating: (31)

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 10+

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azylum View Post
why is it when someone gets backed into a corner during a debate they gotta resort to the insults? perhaps its because you know youre wrong?

oh mike i love you!
Pyrofallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 07:55 PM   #325
bluewave18
Safety Third

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

I have no doubt the track days have the ability to make you a better more proficient rider. I dont see how it can be argued. I especially have a hard time seeing why anyone would want to argue about it. I dont do it because I dont have the bike for it and I like straight line racing. I dont wanna hear about any bike being a track bike either. That can easily be argued.
bluewave18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 07:55 PM   #326
Azylum
The Chosen One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrofallout View Post

oh mike i love you!
i know you do. now fetch me a sammich.
Old 03-03-2009, 07:57 PM   #327
Azylum
The Chosen One

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluewave18 View Post
I have no doubt the track days have the ability to make you a better more proficient rider. I dont see how it can be argued. I especially have a hard time seeing why anyone would want to argue about it. I dont do it because I dont have the bike for it and I like straight line racing.
thas what im getting at. you dont do it because its not your thing, but some will refuse to accept that.

Quote:
I dont wanna hear about any bike being a track bike either. That can easily be argued.
not sure what you mean by that.
Old 03-03-2009, 08:05 PM   #328
bluewave18
Safety Third

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

Put your 08 Busa on the track?
Old 03-03-2009, 08:06 PM   #329
bluewave18
Safety Third

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

If I had a stock height 6 I would be more interested.
Old 03-03-2009, 08:07 PM   #330
Azylum
The Chosen One

ok i see what youre saying. i was thinking you were getting at something else.
Old 03-03-2009, 08:10 PM   #331
cdill35

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
2014 Phoenix 921 Pro XP w/ Merc 250 ProXS
11 Yam Zuma 125
Specialized Stumpy

Quote:
nobody thinks you are a brandt, especially those of us that know you personally. we just think youre gay.

but track riding has been pressured on street riders so much and some of the trackheads like to belittle them because they cant/wont do track days for what ever reason they may have. trying to get them to the track is imperative, but we gotta make sure that were doing it for reasons other than "itll make you faster on the street". and even if they dont, then we have to accept that its different strokes for different folks. some people who have ridden the track absolutely didnt like it, and thats fine. its not for everybody.
Dude, I have been there. I remember when the racers and used to make fun of us that rode the forest and 3090. And they'll do it again this year when someone goes down, cuz they forget where they came from. That will never be me. I, unlike others, remember where I came from and will never stray far. And frankly,. with the exception of a post or two, I didnt see any force feeding of track days on to anyone.

I have probably seen 30 people go down in the forest and 3090 last year. AT POSTED LIMITS or barely over. You think they would have ran wide on a 35mph corner at 45mph if they had done a track day? I doubt it, cuz me and many others take them at 90mph and make it. And frankly, they could probably be taken at .

So look, if peeps dont have time, fine. If peeps have kids and dont wanan get hurt, fine. If they have jobs, fine. No money? Fine. But dont sit here and try to justify not doing a track day because it wont help you or make you a better rider or you think you know it all or cant get any better cuz you rode 60k miles with 1 minor incident and slid bicycles when you were 5.
cdill35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 08:11 PM   #332
bluewave18
Safety Third

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

It has been said that any bike is a potential track bike. The point I was making is that not a legit argument. There are more suitable bikes than mine. I dont feel the need bad enough to road race mine.
Old 03-03-2009, 08:12 PM   #333
Mala Lingua
Optimistic Cynic

Bike(s):
'06 600RR (Mogee)
Phifty (Fuglee)

I'd be at the track all the time if it was empty-ish and I could just tool around at my own pace. Between dealing with the inevitable hitting the taped up brakelights in front of me or someone furiously waving colored flags that I never manage to recognize, it's just too much of a hassle to get into. About the time I'd settle in and start having fun, it was get-off-the-track to hurry up and wait time.

Granted, I had the crappiest track experience known to man because everything that could go wrong did; I'm gonna give it one more try when I don't have to slither into leathers in nine thousand degree weather, but I don't think even under the best circumstances I'll become a track addict simply because I've found my riding niche elsewhere.
Mala Lingua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 08:12 PM   #334
bluewave18
Safety Third

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

Your excited and just want to be there for those needing the little extra push. I see it.
Old 03-03-2009, 08:13 PM   #335
Gixxer Geezer
All day long I'm shufflin

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
06 honda vtx 1300
06 Busa limited. sold
2 Gixxer 600. sold
85 Honda Hurricane. sold
56 Triumph, 64 BSA, Thunderbolt, 66 BSA Lightning Bolt, 64 Honda Scrambler. all sold

What part of "I Don't Care", Don't you Understand?
Gixxer Geezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 08:14 PM   #336
cdill35

Bike(s):
2014 Phoenix 921 Pro XP w/ Merc 250 ProXS
11 Yam Zuma 125
Specialized Stumpy

Quote:
thas what im getting at. you dont do it because its not your thing, but some will refuse to accept that.

Mike...no one is refusing to accept that. People are refusing to accept the moronic argument that track days WONT make you a better rider.
cdill35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 08:15 PM   #337
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Member Garage

How many have you guys seen go down at speed at speeds much higher than the speed limit? I have seen several. Granted you have been on MANY more forest rides than I have, I would think you have prob seen alot more than I have.
Old 03-03-2009, 08:15 PM   #338
Pyrofallout
<<<< S.B.N. >>>>

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdill35 View Post
Mike...no one is refusing to accept that. People are refusing to accept the moronic argument that track days WONT make you a better rider.
who made the argument that track days will not make you a better rider?
Old 03-03-2009, 08:17 PM   #339
bluewave18
Safety Third

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

good lord
Old 03-03-2009, 08:17 PM   #340
Mala Lingua
Optimistic Cynic

Bike(s):
'06 600RR (Mogee)
Phifty (Fuglee)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrofallout View Post
who made the argument that track days will not make you a better rider?
Can they even halp peoples with gixxers?
Mala Lingua is offline   Reply With Quote