Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-02-2009, 07:29 PM   #1
Grinchy

Feedback Rating: (15)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'prila

SPOILER MOTOGP: Qatar MotoGP test times - Monday

MotoGP lap times from the second night at the Qatar test, held at Losail.

After Sunday's rain interruption, track conditions improved on Monday, although it was still cold and dusty. The main news was that Repsol Honda's Dani Pedrosa suffered hand and leg injuries during an accident.

The test marks the return of Kawasaki, running Marco Melandri in its new 'unofficial' format under the name of 'Hayate Racing Team', while Guinea Ecuatorial Team's Sete Gibernau is absent due to a shoulder injury.

Testing concludes on Tuesday night. The opening round of the 2009 MotoGP World Championship will also take place at Qatar, on the evening of April 12.

1. Casey Stoner AUS Ducati Marlboro Team 1min 57.139 sec
2. Valentino Rossi ITA Fiat Yamaha Team 1min 57.747 sec
3. Colin Edwards USA Tech 3 Yamaha 1min 57.817 sec
4. Andrea Dovizioso ITA Repsol Honda Team 1min 57.879 sec
5. Chris Vermeulen AUS Team Suzuki 1min 58.018 sec
6. Loris Capirossi ITA Team Suzuki 1min 58.264 sec
7. Jorge Lorenzo SPA Fiat Yamaha Team 1min 58.400 sec
8. Alex de Angelis RSM San Carlo Honda Gresini 1min 58.441 sec
9. Nicky Hayden USA Ducati Marlboro Team 1min 58.577 sec
10. Dani Pedrosa SPA Repsol Honda Team 1min 58.619 sec
11. Randy de Puniet FRA LCR Honda MotoGP 1min 58.936 sec
12. Toni Elias SPA San Carlo Honda Gresini 1min 59.036 sec
13. Yuki Takahashi JPN Team Scot 1min 59.153 sec
14. Marco Melandri ITA Hayate Racing Team 1min 59.195 sec
15. Niccolo Canepa ITA Pramac Racing 1min 59.266 sec
16. Mika Kallio FIN Pramac Racing 1min 59.764 sec
17. James Toseland GBR Tech 3 Yamaha 2min 0.234 sec

Fastest day one time:
Nicky Hayden USA Ducati Marlboro 2min 0.717sec

2008 Qatar Grand Prix - 9/3/2008:
Pole position: Jorge Lorenzo SPA Fiat Yamaha (M) 1min 53.927sec

Fastest race laps by manufacturer:
Ducati: Casey Stoner AUS Ducati Marlboro (B) 1min 55.153sec
Yamaha: Jorge Lorenzo SPA Fiat Yamaha (M) 1min 55.528sec
Honda: Andrea Dovizioso ITA JiR Team Scot (M) 1min 55.559sec
Kawasaki: John Hopkins USA Kawasaki Racing (B) 1min 56.491sec
Suzuki: Loris Capirossi ITA Rizla Suzuki (B) 1min 56.689sec
Grinchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SPOILER Brno MotoGP test times - Monday Grinchy Taking it to the Track 15 08-19-2009 11:07 AM
Advertisement
Old 03-02-2009, 07:31 PM   #2
Grinchy

Bike(s):
'prila

Pedrosa injured in Qatar fall

Dani Pedrosa's pre-season preparations have suffered a worrying setback after the Repsol Honda rider was stretchered away from a Monday night test accident in Qatar with hand and leg injuries.

The team is yet to officially comment on his condition, but initial medical reports indicate slight damage to his hand, but also suggest he has re-opened the left knee injury for which he underwent surgery in December.

Pedrosa finished last month's Sepang test one day early in order to rest that knee, which he injured on the first lap of the Australian Grand Prix.

The Spaniard previously injured his hand and leg when he fell from the lead of the wet 2008 German Grand Prix. Pedrosa was also leading the 2008 world championship at the time of the accident but eventually slipped back to third in the title chase.

Pedrosa, the only rider to win a race on the RC212V, began the 2008 MotoGP season injured, after falling during testing at Sepang.
Old 03-02-2009, 07:33 PM   #3
Grinchy

Bike(s):
'prila

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinchy View Post
Dani Pedrosa's pre-season preparations have suffered a worrying setback after the Repsol Honda rider was stretchered away from a Monday night test accident in Qatar with hand and leg injuries.

The team is yet to officially comment on his condition, but initial medical reports indicate slight damage to his hand, but also suggest he has re-opened the left knee injury for which he underwent surgery in December.

Pedrosa finished last month's Sepang test one day early in order to rest that knee, which he injured on the first lap of the Australian Grand Prix.

The Spaniard previously injured his hand and leg when he fell from the lead of the wet 2008 German Grand Prix. Pedrosa was also leading the 2008 world championship at the time of the accident but eventually slipped back to third in the title chase.

Pedrosa, the only rider to win a race on the RC212V, began the 2008 MotoGP season injured, after falling during testing at Sepang.
Old 03-02-2009, 08:33 PM   #4
alrova
- LSTD - From 0 to Snail

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
09 ZX-6R

Send a message via MSN to alrova Send a message via Yahoo to alrova
man i hope dani's career is not over due to injuries. Go DINGO!!!!
Old 03-02-2009, 10:07 PM   #5
Grinchy

Bike(s):
'prila

Old 03-02-2009, 10:12 PM   #6
Grinchy

Bike(s):
'prila

Old 03-02-2009, 10:47 PM   #7
tiatool
Pro Racer Mode Enabled

Feedback Rating: (14)

Bike(s):
08 Raven
05 Vstar 1100

As much as I do not root for robot, I hope Dani a speedy recovery. This is a harsh reality of motorcycle racing.
tiatool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 10:51 PM   #8
tiatool
Pro Racer Mode Enabled

Bike(s):
08 Raven
05 Vstar 1100

Dovizioso fastest Honda rider on day two of Qatar – Pedrosa injured in turn 10 crash

Following a rain induced false start on the opening day of MotoGP pre-season testing at the Losail circuit at Qatar the teams and riders were able to put in a complete six hour session of serious testing under floodlights this evening, despite the prevailing strong wind depositing sand and dirt onto the cold 18 degree track surface. The Qatar test is crucial to the early season fortunes of the competitors as the 18-round 2009 MotoGP World Championship series opens at the 5.380 km Losail circuit, on April 12.

The day’s action resulted in contrasting fortunes for the Repsol Honda factory team riders Andrea Dovizioso and Dani Pedrosa, while Dovizioso was the fastest Honda rider of the day teammate Pedrosa suffered a heavy high side crash that ruled him out of further participation in the test.

Italian Dovizioso and his technicians work on the electronics of his RC212V and overall machine set up and balance and ended the day with fourth fastest time on the day.
For Pedrosa the trip to Qatar turned into a nightmare. The cautious Spaniard sat out opening day of the three-day test preferring not to risk a crash in the wet and sandy track conditions while carrying a lingering knee injury.

Unfortunately for Pedrosa his fears were confirmed when he crashed at turn 10 in the slippery sand strewn conditions. He was taken to the circuit medical center where an examination revealed the fall had reopened the surgeons incision on his left knee that required stitching to close. Pedrosa also damaged his left wrist and the scan revealed severe contusions but no obvious fractures. He will fly home, to Barcelona, in the morning for further injury assessment but hopes to be fit for the final pre-season test at Jerez, Spain which begins on March 28.

San Marinese Alex De Angelis was in sparkling form aboard his San Carlo Gresini Honda RC212V setting sixth fastest time of the day. De Angelis spent his day fine tuning machine set up and testing tyres and was pleased with his performance and eager to improve tomorrow on the final day of the test.

De Angelis’ teammate, Spaniard Toni Elias, who has rejoined the team following a year contesting the championship for the Pramac team, worked on machine geometry and suspension of his San Carlo Honda Gresini RC212V in a bid to improve the traction. Elias struggled to find a solid base line for his RCV at the last test in Sepang and today’s track conditions did not allow the Spaniard to make much progress.

Frenchman Randy De Puniet ended the day in buoyant mood having established a good base line set up for chassis and suspension that gave him confidence in the front end of his LCR Honda. He will continue testing tyres tomorrow, the final day of the test.

The Scot Racing Team and HRC have enjoyed a successful multi-year association in 125cc and 250cc GP racing fielding an impressive array of talent over the years. The partnership has delivered numerous race victories and a 125cc World Championship title win, with Dovizioso in 2004, the enduring success has encouraged the Italian team to seek further success at MotoGP level with Yuki Takahashi retained for his MotoGP debut season.

Following a long career racing small capacity two-stroke machines Takahashi has adopted a sensible step by step approach to riding the powerful RC212V Honda 800cc four stroke. The Japanese star concentrated his efforts on adapting his riding style to the characteristics of the big four-stroke and slowly lowered his lap times as the session progressed and was rewarded by breaking the two minute barrier in the closing stages.

Honda rider quotes and lap times.

Andrea Dovizioso, Repsol Honda: 4th fastest time at 1m 57.879s – 60 laps.
“This was an interesting day and I’m happy with how it went. We tried many settings with the electronic systems on the machine to enhance the power delivery. The results were pretty positive and now we’ll have a meeting to decide how to move things forward tomorrow. The track conditions were not so bad - not as good as the race here last year, but considering how windy it was today, it was OK. The lap times were not as fast as the race lap times, but it was a good test today and we’re moving forward.”

Alex De Angelis, San Carlo Honda Gresini: 8th. 1m 58.441s – 53 laps.
“My feeling has improved and I’m confident. We tested various set up options and the behaviour of tyres over a race distance and I ‘m satisfied with the performance. We did around 20 laps with the second set of tyres and I’m happy with the results we got. Tomorrow it will be another important test session.”

Dani Pedrosa, Repsol Honda: 10th. 1m 58.619s – 28 laps.
“The early part of the session went quite well and I was happy with the progress we were making. The conditions weren’t ideal with the sand blowing on the track, but this was an unexpected crash. I was entering Turn 10 and I had a high-side and then the bike came down on top of me. It’s a shame because we also lost testing time yesterday, but now I will go home for some more scans and hopefully they won’t show anything more serious.

Randy De Puniet, LCR Honda MotoGP: 11th. 1m 58.936s - 55 laps.
“Compared to the last test session in Sepang today we made a big step forward. I changed my riding style and the feeling with the front improved a lot. I’m satisfied, we are working on the correct direction. Today in fact we only used two tyres as we worked on suspensions and the tyres were also working well with the machine base set up. Tomorrow we will use some new tyres to reduce the gap in terms of lap times.”

Toni Elias, San Carlo Honda Gresini: 12th. 1m 59.036s – 56 laps.
“Considering that the first race of the season will be held here in a month we focused on the setting of the bike, in particular we worked on machine geometry and suspension to improve the traction. We struggled a bit in Sepang, but here today, with these difficult track conditions we suffered more than Malaysia. We have a lot of work to do but we have another day here to test the new bike and I hope the track conditions improve for tomorrow.”

Yuki Takahashi, Scot Racing Team: 13th. 1m 59.153s – 65 laps.
“I’m still adapting to the RC212V that is a complete new bike for me. It’s normal that I need to do kilometres and get the feeling with the bike. At the beginning of the test session there was a lot of san on track, then the conditions improved. I tried to do as many laps as possible to understand the bike, It was important to follow some more experienced riders to study the best line and I have to thank Andrea Dovizioso for this. Tomorrow we will continue working in this direction.”
Old 03-02-2009, 11:15 PM   #9
tiatool
Pro Racer Mode Enabled

Bike(s):
08 Raven
05 Vstar 1100

Old 03-02-2009, 11:20 PM   #10
JMAC

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
Ninja

Not a big Pedrosa fan either, but hate to see it.
Really nice pic's, Thanks
JMAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 11:50 PM   #11
Predator04
Proud Former Marine!

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
07R1 street bike
07R1 Racebike
08GSXR-750 streetbike.... Totalled

Im not sayin I could do better than Toseland but all his cryin and and he is still postin lap times at the back of the pack, he wont be in GP long mark my words.
Old 03-03-2009, 09:31 AM   #12
dhdrider

Bike(s):
08 KTM 300 XC-W

To be honest, I'm not all that interested in Moto GP this year. I'll still watch, but WSBK starting back up again was just a reminder that WSBK Superbikes and WSBK Supersport are the ones to watch.

I have a feeling that it will be worse than ever w/ such a small grid in Moto GP. The 1-2 riders will break away by lap 2 and it will be a snooze fest. I hope I'm wrong, but it doesn't look promising. Just my $.02.

2008 KTM 200 XC

Klim Technical Riding Gear
Maine Root Handcrafted Beverages
Retail Resource Group
Primus Real Estate Services
TORCS #301
TSCEC #1114
dhdrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 10:23 AM   #13
Grinchy

Bike(s):
'prila

love that carbon arm
so who's going to take a guess at what this is circled in the red
wrong side to be quick shifter related
launch control controls rpm by electronic management not rear brake
suspension travel measured at the shock
so what the **** is it????????????????????
not just a quick release for the rear brake is it??? if so why??
Old 03-03-2009, 10:27 AM   #14
Grinchy

Bike(s):
'prila

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhdrider View Post
To be honest, I'm not all that interested in Moto GP this year. I'll still watch, but WSBK starting back up again was just a reminder that WSBK Superbikes and WSBK Supersport are the ones to watch.

I have a feeling that it will be worse than ever w/ such a small grid in Moto GP. The 1-2 riders will break away by lap 2 and it will be a snooze fest. I hope I'm wrong, but it doesn't look promising. Just my $.02.
Nothing to do with having a genuine championship contender in WSBK in the form of Texan Ben

I hear what you say about MotoGP though
Old 03-03-2009, 10:35 AM   #15
alrova
- LSTD - From 0 to Snail

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
09 ZX-6R

Send a message via MSN to alrova Send a message via Yahoo to alrova
Quote:
love that carbon arm
is the extra turbo booster to be used only when the other bikes are getting away on the straights.

BTW, Marlboro must be happy about this race, one of the few that Ducati can actually put the brand name on the bike. SO much money and just a few appearances of the Marlboro best known logo.
Old 03-03-2009, 10:40 AM   #16
Grinchy

Bike(s):
'prila

Quote:
Originally Posted by alrova View Post
is the extra turbo booster to be used only when the other bikes are getting away on the straights.
BTW, Marlboro must be happy about this race, one of the few that Ducati can actually put the brand name on the bike. SO much money and just a few appearances of the Marlboro best known logo.
at the start of 2007 I might have believed that but Mr Moaner kept telling us he had no straightline advantage so I knew it couldn't be
Old 03-03-2009, 11:14 AM   #17
dhdrider

Bike(s):
08 KTM 300 XC-W

Quote:
Nothing to do with having a genuine championship contender in WSBK in the form of Texan Ben

I hear what you say about MotoGP though
The fact that he's a Texan is a bonus. WSBK is just better when there's competitive American(s) in it. Just as it is when there's competitive Brits. I just wish there were a few Americans in WSBK Supersport.

This year couldn't be lined up better w/ the usual vets, the new crop of outstanding Brits, and Ben Spies. The fact that about any given weekend about 50% of the grid could win and it wouldn't be a shocker just speaks to it's superiority over MotoGP IMO...

2008 KTM 200 XC

Klim Technical Riding Gear
Maine Root Handcrafted Beverages
Retail Resource Group
Primus Real Estate Services
TORCS #301
TSCEC #1114
dhdrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 11:19 AM   #18
tiatool
Pro Racer Mode Enabled

Bike(s):
08 Raven
05 Vstar 1100

Quote:
love that carbon arm
I don't think it has anything to do with the brake. If you look closely the brake line is seperate and black. I would think it is a sensor to test the flex/durability of the swingarm. This is a new test swingarm for the ducs. In fact if you look closely at Nicky and Moaners pix they aren't using it during the test laps.
Old 03-03-2009, 03:22 PM   #19
Grinchy

Bike(s):
'prila

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhdrider View Post
The fact that he's a Texan is a bonus. WSBK is just better when there's competitive American(s) in it. Just as it is when there's competitive Brits. I just wish there were a few Americans in WSBK Supersport.
This year couldn't be lined up better w/ the usual vets, the new crop of outstanding Brits, and Ben Spies. The fact that about any given weekend about 50% of the grid could win and it wouldn't be a shocker just speaks to it's superiority over MotoGP IMO...
I was just pulling your leg, it's great to see the US represented again.
Makes the championship truely global.
I hope the worldwide headlines and adulation he's getting inspire more Americans to take the plunge into WSBK and WSS.

Wasn't it great to see the privateer Stiggy Honda in the hands of haslam take a third place.

If Rossi wasn't in MotoGP it would be in a terrible state IMO
Old 03-03-2009, 03:28 PM   #20
Grinchy

Bike(s):
'prila

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiatool View Post
I don't think it has anything to do with the brake. If you look closely the brake line is seperate and black. I would think it is a sensor to test the flex/durability of the swingarm. This is a new test swingarm for the ducs. In fact if you look closely at Nicky and Moaners pix they aren't using it during the test laps.
I guess it's possible but I would have thought it would have been mounted laterally to measure side flex in that case, not mounted to measure vertical flex

I'm going with a quick release brake line hose connector something like the one pictured

Advertisement