MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

View Poll Results: Why do you ride a liter bike...
Because I think it makes me a faster rider... 1 2.50%
Because 600s don't have enough power... 16 40.00%
Because I like to say I have a 1000... 2 5.00%
Because I'm lazy and don't like to shift alot... 6 15.00%
Because I have to compensate for something... 15 37.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 01-29-2006, 07:50 PM   #41
69z28lt1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 133












Quote:
Originally Posted by itsjustme
why are there so many on this board anyway. Everyone thinks they are the with all those mustangs to beat. Who cares.
bunch of :mad:

edit-seriously tho, the other guy understood it was all for humor, lighten up.
__________________
brets sig

Last edited by 69z28lt1; 01-29-2006 at 07:52 PM.
69z28lt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Stepping up to the bike boys bike(1/4 liter) albertinhouston General Discussion (Moto Related) 12 03-06-2013 08:13 PM
Which Liter Bike ???? Gomomichael General Discussion (Moto Related) 40 02-17-2012 05:06 PM
Liter Track Bike FKNA Taking it to the Track 35 09-06-2011 03:56 PM
Friend wanting a liter bike for first street bike *long convo inside* AWD General Discussion (Moto Related) 108 08-08-2006 12:08 PM
BEGINNER LITER BIKE FastLine General Discussion (Moto Related) 6 12-14-2005 02:50 PM
Advertisement
Old 01-29-2006, 07:53 PM   #42
Bgsxr1000
Senior Member
 
Bgsxr1000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Spring, Texas
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 393

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
2012 Yamaha Stryker Custom

1996 Harley Electra Glide Classic
1999 Sportster Hard Tail Conversion Project
Wanted: Yamaha WR426






Because I got it for cheap.
Bgsxr1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 07:56 PM   #43
99BlackR1
Spaz
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Spring TX
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 1,786


Bike(s):
R1, CRF50









i love hole.
__________________
eyecopy
http://www.myspace.com/miggycnig
Mike - "CurbCheck"
motorcycledudeindestructible2542999l4qy6go
Pardon the hate and the animosity
towards your belief system and your hypocrisy.
No regrets, no remorse.This is my last serenade
99BlackR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 08:01 PM   #44
69z28lt1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 133












Quote:
Originally Posted by 99BlackR1
i love hole.
So we noticed
http://www.motohouston.com/forums/sh...?t=8305&page=2

Quote:
mine should be coming in the mail shortly. i order the hole cus my girl wont let me hit it.
__________________
brets sig
69z28lt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 08:13 PM   #45
Scorpio
Twist the Grip, Let'r Rip
 
Scorpio's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Shmearth
Feedback Rating: (6)
Posts: 12,331

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+


450x sumo (sold)
RC51 (sold)
Honda Grom 125(sold)

Member Garage





Send a message via AIM to Scorpio
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99BlackR1
i love hole.
PM Dancinman
Scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 09:01 PM   #46
itsjustme
PIZZA *****!!!
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Friendswood
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 780


Bike(s):
'05 CBR 1000RR/'01 cbr 929 project bike









Quote:
Originally Posted by 69z28lt1
bunch of :mad:

edit-seriously tho, the other guy understood it was all for humor, lighten up.
I shall do what ever you say...........
__________________
"I was a Christian by force, now I'm an agnostic by choice"
"Why is religion strong enough to incite war but not strong enough to instill peace?"
mysig
itsjustme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 09:21 AM   #47
Patrick
Motorcycles Unlimited
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 16,404

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'14 Speed Triple R, '82 CB900F, '13 Streetglide






While a 600 can run with a liter bike in the corners, there's NO way it will keep up in a contest of straight line acceleration! (unless of course it's got a tow strap hooked to the back of the liter bike:laughing6 )

Patrick
__________________
Call or PM for the BEST PRICES in Houston for PARTS and ACCESSORIES.
MAKE SURE TO MENTION YOU'RE ON MH TO GET THE BEST PRICE!

NEED GEAR? We have a great selection in stock but if we need to order it we GUARANTEE FIT!
Where Houston riders go to have their bikes worked on, done right the first time!


muad

1964 FM 1960 West
Houston, TX 77090
Hours: Tues.-Fri. 9:30-6:00 Sat. 9-5:30
www.motorcycles-unlimited.com
http://www.facebook.com/motorcyclesunlimited
e-mail: patrick@motorcycles-unlimited.com
Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 10:10 AM   #48
Prodigy
Senior Member
 
Prodigy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Sugarland Texas
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 3,573

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
Honda 1000rr
Kawasaki ZX6r
Honda CBR F4i
Suzuki Gsxr750
T-Rex

Member Garage





4th gear wheelies on straight gas
Prodigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 10:21 AM   #49
ryanm8424
Guest
 
Posts: n/a







Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy
4th gear wheelies on straight gas
werd!..
i can't wheely yet... not very well ... and, yes, this is my first bike .COM is just scared of a liter bike
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 10:24 AM   #50
dotcom
*** PUBLIC RELATIONS ***
 
dotcom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: SOUTHWEST (galleria)
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 5,083


Bike(s):
01 Yamaha R6, 125 BBB mini









Send a message via AIM to dotcom Send a message via MSN to dotcom Send a message via Yahoo to dotcom
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanm8424
werd!..
i can't wheely yet... not very well ... and, yes, this is my first bike .COM is just scared of a liter bike

or apparantly spell
__________________
www.myspace.com/treywarren

www.myspace.com/motohouston
dotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 10:26 AM   #51
ryanm8424
Guest
 
Posts: n/a







Member Garage





just because i was an english major doesn't mean i can spell... don't you mean spale
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 10:29 AM   #52
speedismo
OCD for speed
 
speedismo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,115












Quote:
Originally Posted by dotcom
or apparantly spell
or spell 'apparently' :laughing6 j/k man!
__________________
Mama, I wanna go fassssssst!
Two wheels. Never more. Never less.

Travelomy:Simplify your travel.
speedismo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 11:00 AM   #53
Dumptruck
Senior Member
 
Dumptruck's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Richmond TX
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 289

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
None
03 GSXR 1K Canadian Edition SOLD
05 SV650S SOLD
89 Katana SOLD






Because of the colors!

Why do you ride a liter bike...

Last edited by Dumptruck; 01-30-2006 at 11:15 AM.
Dumptruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 11:02 AM   #54
dotcom
*** PUBLIC RELATIONS ***
 
dotcom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: SOUTHWEST (galleria)
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 5,083


Bike(s):
01 Yamaha R6, 125 BBB mini









Send a message via AIM to dotcom Send a message via MSN to dotcom Send a message via Yahoo to dotcom
this guy has only been riding not even couple months... and look at his bike.. a liter bike.. noobious squidous

not to smart guy

noob1
__________________
www.myspace.com/treywarren

www.myspace.com/motohouston
dotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 11:33 AM   #55
ryanm8424
Guest
 
Posts: n/a







Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by dotcom
this guy has only been riding not even couple months... and look at his bike.. a liter bike.. noobious squidous

not to smart guy

noob1
am i pretty or what? trey always follows me around houston trying to get a shot of me riding. he's just jealous because all his bike ever sees is three walls and a garage door
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 11:34 AM   #56
dotcom
*** PUBLIC RELATIONS ***
 
dotcom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: SOUTHWEST (galleria)
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 5,083


Bike(s):
01 Yamaha R6, 125 BBB mini









Send a message via AIM to dotcom Send a message via MSN to dotcom Send a message via Yahoo to dotcom
OWNDED DOTCOM!!!!!!!
__________________
www.myspace.com/treywarren

www.myspace.com/motohouston
dotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 12:06 PM   #57
Greenway Smokey
Super duper member!
 
Greenway Smokey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Galleria
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 2,382


Bike(s):
'04 1200XL









Send a message via AIM to Greenway Smokey
I rode a 883 and then a 1200. Yup, more power with the bigger cc's.

also, my 1200cc is probably the equivalent of a 600cc sportbike. When my waranty runs out i'm going to up the hp to 100+ Maybe a scootertrash turbo?
__________________
If dwells inside us, like some people say, I sure hope he likes enchiladas, because that's what he's getting!
www.eat4sport.com
Greenway Smokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 12:37 PM   #58
SBK Pilot
non playa hatar
 
SBK Pilot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Heights
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 5,575

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
:: 05 GSXR 750 ::

:: 07 GSXR 1K ::
:: 11 ZUMA 125 ::
stop listing what u sold here - nobody cares...






i have a 1k... but am saving up for a supercharged, twin turbo charged, nitrous oxide fed, bored fiddy over, dropped/slabbed busa...

according to my calculations... top speed should be infinity +1...
SBK Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 12:44 PM   #59
Scorpio
Twist the Grip, Let'r Rip
 
Scorpio's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Shmearth
Feedback Rating: (6)
Posts: 12,331

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+


450x sumo (sold)
RC51 (sold)
Honda Grom 125(sold)

Member Garage





Send a message via AIM to Scorpio
^^!! Each turbo charger gonna have it's own supercharger on it??
Scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 01:13 PM   #60
FastLine
Motorcycle School
 
FastLine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: MSRH GSS TWS (Texas World Speedway)
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 13,881

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Instructing
Trackdays
Like
A
Boss






I've owned them all. 250's, 500's, 600's, 750's and 1k's.
There is nothing like just twisting that throttle and hanging on for dear life. the 1k's cruise so much easier than any smaller bike. A 600 is running about 8 grand @ 70 mph. They're much more versitile than any other bike, and I like whipping up on 600's and 750's too!
FastLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:46 PM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy