MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-27-2009, 11:37 AM   #1
pelochas

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
2004 Kawasaki ZX-6R

front tire wear

a couple of days ago i replace my front and rear tire. i noticed the front tire had a wear or shape. the front tire right side fron center had a deep slope while the left side of the tire has a shallow slope. is this a problem with my riding, suspension, or alignment? when i bought the bike used, it had lowering links the front was lowered by about 4 inches. i raised the rear by moving the lowering links up to its highes position. on the front end i had to loosen the clips and lift the bike from the triple. it was a very difficult process since i did not have the correct stand to lift the front end with.

im concern since i just installed my new tires and do want to correct, if it is a problem, before the new tire gets ruined.
pelochas is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tire wear question Kawafasty General Discussion (Moto Related) 29 02-10-2014 06:14 PM
Rear tire wear and tear D-Man General Discussion (Moto Related) 20 06-26-2013 06:10 PM
tire wear question mekrew Taking it to the Track 18 05-27-2009 10:23 AM
Tire wear explanation needed dudewhrsmybike Taking it to the Track 63 04-13-2009 02:29 PM
Tire wear? flipgarza General Discussion (Moto Related) 22 05-03-2007 04:30 PM
Advertisement
Old 02-27-2009, 12:05 PM   #2
SCRC John
Why am I not a MH sponsor

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Member Garage

It could be air pressure, wheel bearings or possibly steering head bearings. I'd set the air pressures at 36 front & rear. I'd have a close look at the wheel bearings and steering head bearings as well.
SCRC John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 12:12 PM   #3
Unleaded_Buell
Long Stroke; Low RPM

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
2008 Buell XB9

Member Garage

I suspect air pressure would have a more uniform effect left to right. I would definately check the meachanicals as kawi suggests.

Timidi mater non flet.
Unleaded_Buell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 12:14 PM   #4
The_Gunslinger
Kamakasi

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'07 zx6r
'02 xr250r

your commute biased to right corners?
Soon I discovered that this rock thing was true, Jerry lee lewis was the devil, Jesus was an architect previous to his career as a prophet; All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world...So there was only one thing that I could do/
ding a ding dang my dang a long ling long
The_Gunslinger is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement