MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-26-2009, 04:17 PM   #21
gunshotwound
You have been warned!

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
YAMAHA R6
YAMAHA FZ6

Member Garage

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by bioGuru View Post
WTF!

He wanted you to PROVE with a receipt (on your person?) that the weapon was yours? That is BS of the first order! Try illegal seizure of personal property. YOU don't have to prove its yours. !&%@( I can't prove the $100 in my wallet is mine so he could take that too. Or my lunch? I don't carry a receipt for my lunch? what about my laptop? No receipt there either.

Time to file a complaint and go after that 's badge! He has no business being in law enforcement. Punks like that need to spend years in Huntsville for denying civil rights, defying the law and abusing power. Sorry if any LEOs are offended but that is WRONG, plain and simple.

The ONLY reason to take a disarm a citizen is if you feel the person poses an IMMEDIATE threat to themselves or to others.

Man...that hit your hot button didn't it.

CMRA #106
gunshotwound is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
No more carrying a battery in my backpack! j_e_hurst General Discussion (Moto Related) 26 05-01-2013 08:45 PM
Need ideas for carrying lunch Z7_MATT Gear Talk 23 09-09-2012 10:20 PM
Need a hand towing/carrying a bike, USMC083 Off Topic 2 04-06-2012 01:54 PM
carrying a FireArm on a bike w/o CHL? Petro General Discussion (Moto Related) 114 12-06-2007 09:07 AM
Advertisement
Old 02-26-2009, 04:24 PM   #22
JGrein05

Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
04 CRF 250 plated

Just a thought, if you take it to the gun range wont all of your bullets get heavy in your back pack?
If I go to the range im going to shoot off at least 250 bullets
JGrein05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 04:44 PM   #23
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):

Completely legal on or off the bike when stopped by an Officer. Personally I would advise consulting your lawyer. If you do not have a lawyer then I would advise you get one or not carry at all.

Go to the texas website and look up the statutes yourself or be subject to other persons flaws.

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 07:15 PM   #24
Quicksilver

Experience: 9-12 months

Bike(s):
2008 Suzuki Half-a-busa
Harley Davidson Fatboy / Fatbob (April 18, 2009)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadman View Post
I was pulled over recently. Cop asked if there was anything I should be concerned about in the car. I said, my 380, loaded, in the glove box. He gave it an inspection and took it away cause I had no receipt in the car to prove it was mine. Said bring receipt to station and gave me a receipt for it. No ticket, no snide remarks. Thanks Castle doctrine, which I quoted to him.

The new law leans towards giving all legal law abiding citizens the right to protect their castle, which the new law and interpretations in court mean can extend to protection of your personal property, your vehicle. Walking or bus is unclear since what are you protecting? I'd argue my wallet.
You Shadman,
you said that you recieved no ticket, but what do you think was the reason that you were pulled over in the first place?? I don't think he randomly pulled you over.

Last edited by Quicksilver; 02-26-2009 at 07:17 PM.
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 09:27 PM   #25
Wideout

Bike(s):
'08 busa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moody View Post
Completely legal on or off the bike when stopped by an Officer. Personally I would advise consulting your lawyer. If you do not have a lawyer then I would advise you get one or not carry at all.

Go to the texas website and look up the statutes yourself or be subject to other persons flaws.
I'm not going to carry a gun without it being loaded. I'm not going to carry a gun on me, without having a CHL. You're right, if he's curious he should consult a lawyer to get the facts. I find it hard to believe that the Texas website (travel law specifically) states that you're aloud to carry a concealed weapon outside your vehicle without a CHL. I guess what they taught my instructor when he was certified is flawed. I'll err on the safe side though.
Wideout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 10:10 PM   #26
bioGuru
Aut inveniam viam aut fac

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
2008 Suzuki GSX650F - sold

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunshotwound View Post
Man...that hit your hot button didn't it.
What was posted was heavily edited for content.

But yeah stuff like this seriously me off!

This is the that happened in NO after Katrina - Police and military units were kicking in doors, body slamming 80 year old women to the ground and forcibly disarming them. By their actions they deprived US citizens of their civil liberties and their constitutionally guaranteed rights.

Any authority figure (police, military, etc.) that would disarm an innocent citizen of this country without cause is a traitor and should be held personally accountable for their actions.

Motorcycling in itself is not inherently dangerous. But to an even greater degree than the sea, it is terribly unforgiving of any carelessness, incapacity or neglect.
bioGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 10:16 PM   #27
ParAvion
Mr. Misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by bioGuru View Post
What was posted was heavily edited for content.

But yeah stuff like this seriously me off!

This is the that happened in NO after Katrina - Police and military units were kicking in doors, body slamming 80 year old women to the ground and forcibly disarming them. By their actions they deprived US citizens of their civil liberties and their constitutionally guaranteed rights.

Any authority figure (police, military, etc.) that would disarm an innocent citizen of this country without cause is a traitor and should be held personally accountable for their actions.
Yep thats disgusting what blackwater did and what sucks is if you stood up to them you would have had a government sanctioned bullet in your head.

This whole thing right to bear arms is total BS. Its right to bear arms until the government hires a private company to come strip you of them and beat the living out of you.
ParAvion is offline   Reply With Quote