MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Information > Events, Meets and Rides
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-24-2009, 11:20 AM   #1
Triple

Member Garage

How's Fat Tuesday in Galveston?

How fun is the Galveston Mardi Gras on Fat Tuesday?
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
S SOUTHEAST MEET TUESDAY 4-10-12 BRICK HOUSE TAVERN & TAP GALVESTON j_e_hurst Events, Meets and Rides 44 04-11-2012 12:56 AM
Fat Tuesday Crawfish & Street Festival Rykoson Events, Meets and Rides 133 02-26-2012 03:28 PM
Too Fat? Samchesney420 How To's and Q & A's 22 09-11-2011 08:21 PM
War on fat: Ca. Trans fat ban goes into effect Friday JSki The Circus 39 01-04-2010 11:59 AM
Advertisement
Old 02-24-2009, 01:10 PM   #2
Triple

Member Garage

anyone want to go to "The Spot"? oh, and bring your own smokes
Old 02-24-2009, 01:55 PM   #3
Rallo
The Shogun. Sho'nuff!

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
2007 Ninja 650R

What time are you planning on going? I'd be down to go to the spot but it would have to be around 7pm.
Old 02-24-2009, 02:01 PM   #4
Triple

Member Garage

I was looking on going right before it got dark, I don't have to work today, and I don't think anyone is meeting anywhere close for some local action, so I was going to head out there with no plan but to cruise around, eat and enjoy the sights, and talk motorcycle. It's also Fat Tuesday so there might be something to see, who knows.
Old 02-24-2009, 02:26 PM   #5
Rallo
The Shogun. Sho'nuff!

Bike(s):
2007 Ninja 650R

Yeah, it's cool. I would if I could. Unfortunately I'm stuck at work.
Old 02-24-2009, 07:22 PM   #6
Triple

Member Garage

I'm still down to go
Old 02-25-2009, 09:19 AM   #7
Triple

Member Garage

Didn't get a chance to go, couldn't find any takers. I was also informed on my daytime meet that there would be alot and I mean alot of police officers out there. I'm not sure if this is entirely true but, I didn't want to take the chance by myself, with a group maybe. Its bad enough my bike is borderline not legal. I could see my bike getting towed and me getting thrown in a cell with a bunch of drunk Mardi Grawians.
Old 02-25-2009, 09:25 AM   #8
The Black Sheepdog
Derp

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
09 600RA
06 F4i
fiddy

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to The Black Sheepdog
Tony, 06FairedFZ1, and I went riding to Galveston Saturday evening and were pulled over. While no tickets were issued, the police definitely weren't messing around
Old 02-25-2009, 11:59 AM   #9
Rallo
The Shogun. Sho'nuff!

Bike(s):
2007 Ninja 650R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple View Post
I'm still down to go
Sorry, I had already left by the time you posted this.
Old 02-25-2009, 01:31 PM   #10
lonnief2
Kind of a troll now

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
2008 Suzuki GSXR 750
totally totaled

Send a message via AIM to lonnief2 Send a message via Yahoo to lonnief2 Send a message via Skype™ to lonnief2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple View Post
Didn't get a chance to go, couldn't find any takers. I was also informed on my daytime meet that there would be alot and I mean alot of police officers out there. I'm not sure if this is entirely true but, I didn't want to take the chance by myself, with a group maybe. Its bad enough my bike is borderline not legal. I could see my bike getting towed and me getting thrown in a cell with a bunch of drunk Mardi Grawians.
im from galv and i didnt go, and thats one of the reasons right there, even if they dont ticket you its still a hassle when they with you, and yes i heard stories last night from ppl that went and it was just as i suspected, not good. They pulled a bunch of bikes over for no reason then just checked their info and grilled them with question, like "you like to do burnouts huh?" they guy said no and the cop got loud and yelled "im lookin at your phucking back tire, if you dont do burnouts why is phuckin back tire like this" etc etc....no ticket tho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post
Tony, 06FairedFZ1, and I went riding to Galveston Saturday evening and were pulled over. While no tickets were issued, the police definitely weren't messing around
no they werent

i was going to go get into some shenannigans with my sister on Sat but thought better of it b.c it was mardi gras, state troopers, tx rangers, marshalls, and beefed up PD, they bring them all out, and i have no bike license so i stayed put
lonnief2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement