Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back > Information > Events, Meets and Rides
Forgot info?

Welcome to! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-24-2009, 02:42 PM   #41
erect engorged member
Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 10+

2008 Versys

Originally Posted by cashtown View Post
Don't know how safe it is these days, but if possible you need to hit up Buquillas del Carmen. Google map it. It's a little Mexican puebla right across the river. A guy will row you across in a little boat from the park side for a buck or two.

The little town has ice cold beer and a taco stand that sells "everything" you need.
That sounds perfect. Thanks for the info.

I love Mexico. The deeper you go the better it gets.
"Sorry TMAX is a moderator/admin and you are not allowed to ignore him or her"
Originally Posted by gixxerbill View Post
"... I say the govt puts something in the water that sterilizes all women..."
urbanXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
BRAWPing in Big Bend Mr.P General Discussion (Moto Related) 7 05-10-2013 03:15 PM
Big Bend Mastertotebag Cruisers Lounge 16 03-30-2012 06:42 AM
Supermotos in Big Bend Mr.P General Discussion (Moto Related) 50 12-06-2011 03:53 PM
Big Bend Trip - photos FJRmgm General Discussion (Moto Related) 12 04-06-2011 04:51 PM
Houston to Big Bend Jeff General Discussion (Moto Related) 26 12-16-2009 11:26 AM
Old 02-24-2009, 09:55 PM   #42
Lawyers Guns and Money
Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years

'05 Hayabusa '98 ZX-6E

Originally Posted by urbanXJ View Post
That sounds perfect. Thanks for the info.

I love Mexico. The deeper you go the better it gets.
read up on it in some forums - there's a big bend hikers forum that has good info on it. apparently there are some cool mines and stuff to see in that area and you can rent a horse for a few dollars at buquillas.

it sounds like crossing/re-entering at buquillas w/o hitting a checkpoint has been criminlaized, though, so if you do it it may be at your own risk.

also, if you're on the bikes, a lot of the park will be inaccessible to you. you may be able to leave your bikes at a ranger station and do some hiking but I still don't know how safe that would be. buquillas is within hiking distance of a ranger station, I know.

carry plenty of water, first aid kit and plenty more water. it will get cold there at night even if it's hot during the day.

remember to go to the taco stand, but don't eat the tacos.

Fat Freddy says, "Busas are for posing!"
cashtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 10:08 PM   #43
Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 6

2014 Multistrada GTS

hmmm. if i had to guess now, I would say may would be better...but definintely don't plan this around that assumption
quicksaveme is offline   Reply With Quote